What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vats

Marty

Juniors
Anyone having a go at Manu is a muppet...he was not the reason we lost the game. We are losing because we are carrying a passenger fullback. In most teams the Fullback is a key attacking player...our fullback does nothing. Can't wait for the return of Locke.

hitro

Juniors
I don't think we can win anything with Fisiahi at fullback, maybe a game against Parramatta or whoever else has lost it, but no team that has their act together

Benek

Juniors
I don't think we can win anything with Fisiahi at fullback, maybe a game against Parramatta or whoever else has lost it, but no team that has their act together

Agree 100%. not having a real fullback is killing us on offense and defense. Looks like Locke should be back next week thank god.

TheDMC

Bench
While I am frustrated with Manu, he certainly did not lose us that game. On that last outside play, he probably would have got away if the pass was any good, it was crap, behind him and he lost 80% of his speed to catch it. It wasn't even a challenging pass, and a good one would've seen quite a different result, perhaps a match winning one. No supporting players was shameful too.

Woe oh woe oh f'ckin woe.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Can't fully blame Manu for that one, still produced some dumb stuff though

Manu is the focal point for every loss, but every time I watch them play, there are far, far bigger issues

The defensive structure is horrendous. The scramble is good, but the line speed, straightness of the line and decision making is crap. Only Parramatta have conceeded more points and that says it all

Attack wise, again decision making is not good, the structure, whatever it is, seems to revolve around relying on individual brilliance and if that fails, bomb to the corner.
Part of this I put down to Maloney tbh, I don't understand the hype around him. He is a good support player, but that is about it. If we want an example of dumb play, Johnson makes that break near the end of the game, Storm defence is shot to pieces, the good footy sides immediately spread the ball across the park and stretch them more, today we see trying to milk a penalty out of marker, then a 1 out run, and the defensive line is set again

And why am I taking such an interest in this when the Warriors aren't my side, I hate the bloody Storm :lol:

NZ Warrior

First Grade
Why can't anyone see that as soon as Fishy feather-weight left the field, our structure changes immensely. Maloney goes to fullback and there goes our attacking structure and plays. It makes a huge difference.

Then we get an sub-par Fish back on the field and the team has to try and get the structure back.

JoeD

First Grade
More than any of that I think is Brown is no dummy half. Love Louis as a back rower but he is hopeless at dummy half.

Can't fully blame Manu for that one, still produced some dumb stuff though

Manu is the focal point for every loss, but every time I watch them play, there are far, far bigger issues

The defensive structure is horrendous. The scramble is good, but the line speed, straightness of the line and decision making is crap. Only Parramatta have conceeded more points and that says it all

Attack wise, again decision making is not good, the structure, whatever it is, seems to revolve around relying on individual brilliance and if that fails, bomb to the corner.
Part of this I put down to Maloney tbh, I don't understand the hype around him. He is a good support player, but that is about it. If we want an example of dumb play, Johnson makes that break near the end of the game, Storm defence is shot to pieces, the good footy sides immediately spread the ball across the park and stretch them more, today we see trying to milk a penalty out of marker, then a 1 out run, and the defensive line is set again

And why am I taking such an interest in this when the Warriors aren't my side, I hate the bloody Storm :lol:

Manu's try was very structured on replay, its one of the first times I have seen it this season, 2 guys running a line to draw defense in, while Manu hold his line.

Fishi injury didnt help.
Rapira injury didn't help.

But basically you summed it up.
Manu did dumb things that stood out, Browns offloading at the end. Patience is an issue.
How many games out of 12 (1 byes) this year have we had the same core (1,6,7,9)?

Last edited:

Iafeta

Referee
Vatuvei should have known better, but then again, at least he was trying to get us the gamebreaking play. Where was the support for him and Johnson? The answer is logically that'd be the fullback (who I'm surprised is copping criticism), hard job for him given he was barely running on one leg.

The critical error for mine that cost us ultimate momentum was Brown's intercept. I thought Mara was doing a great job early on, I wish they'd given him more time.

That said, this Storm side is a very good side. Basically, I think we got Slater'ed. His was one of the best performances you could want to see from a fullback.

_addict

Juniors
Slater was in outstanding form and their halves were making the hole for him perfectly as well (apart from when they delayed the pass a moment to long and chucked it forward

NZ Warrior

First Grade
Slater was in outstanding form and their halves were making the hole for him perfectly as well (apart from when they delayed the pass a moment to long and chucked it forward

It's about time Cronk did something. He's done f**k all for Australia and Queensland.

vvvrulz

Coach
The Storm were rusty and we had their number early on, and yet we ended up losing comfortably. As long as our backs continue to defend like that, its going to be the story of the season I think.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
While I am frustrated with Manu, he certainly did not lose us that game. On that last outside play, he probably would have got away if the pass was any good, it was crap, behind him and he lost 80% of his speed to catch it. It wasn't even a challenging pass, and a good one would've seen quite a different result, perhaps a match winning one. No supporting players was shameful too.

Woe oh woe oh f'ckin woe.

That's a very good point. Just watching the replay and we actually created a 2-on-1. Elijah Taylor totally failed to draw O'Neill, instead he just threw a very dusty early pass. Did Manu no favours at all.

How many games out of 12 (1 byes) this year have we had the same core (1,6,7,9)?

Turns out our core/spine has play together 4 full games this year. Even though for a 50/50 record

0 from 4 with Fishi at the back.
100% with Ropo at back (don't tell OzBash)

Last edited:

Latest posts