What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vats

Akkerz

Juniors
Tlime to give it up Manu. Sometimes you get it right but IMO you are now a liability & the team needs it's elder statesmen to front up. Too many injuries, too many f..k ups & way too many excuses.

hitro

Juniors
Where was Fisiahi or indeed anyone in support of Manu to take a pass or at least get in the tacklers way?

One Warrior

Bench
Maybe next year Manu will be moved into the forwards, with the Fish and Slaimankel fighting over his vacant wing spot.

Warmess

Juniors
Our support play has been diabolical throughout the entire season. It seems fairly obvious that it's not exactly something that was worked on in the off season. Probably part in parcel with Mateos distinct lack of offloads this season. Vatuvei should have known no one was going to support up with him.

hitro

Juniors
I believe Slaimankel has the right stuff and really hope they don't let him go. I hope he gets a go soon either at wing (in place of Tupou) or fullback (in place of Fisiahi). If he can cut the mustard at FB perhaps Locke could be tried at stand-off.

ozbash

Referee
Omar has been ready to debut for around a year now.

Id like to see him step up from U20's to the Vulcans or, preferably, the Warriors.

Skinner

Coach
Bluey stated very publically just at about the get go, that he wanted to see Manu at centre. I think that the time has come Brian.

Something has just come back to me on that. I'm pretty sure that when Manu was still outside first grade and Ando had him playing at Mt Albert where Bluey was the coach.....he was playing at centre at all of their games that I watched.

vvvrulz

Coach
Where was Fisiahi or indeed anyone in support of Manu to take a pass or at least get in the tacklers way?

If Locke is fit for the rest of the season, that should be the last we see of Fish in first grade. He's had enough chances and looks completely out of his depth.

ozbash

Referee
Bluey stated very publically just at about the get go, that he wanted to see Manu at centre. I think that the time has come Brian.

Something has just come back to me on that. I'm pretty sure that when Manu was still outside first grade and Ando had him playing at Mt Albert where Bluey was the coach.....he was playing at centre at all of their games that I watched.

first time I saw Manu was a trial at Hamilton,(v dragons, I think).

he had this bloody afro that would be the biggest Ive ever seen (and I went to Otahuhu College in the 70's :lol:).

He played centre for a couple of games and was told to get a haircut, become aerodynamicly advanced and become a winger.

Manu's strength has always been in the air, Cleary's gameplan was always "kick it to Manu". Nowadays the big fella is getting passed to a lot more and I feel he is having trouble dealing with that "new" aspect of the game...

Rich102

Staff member
The problem is he has developed a few weaknesses on the way. This 'bat-it-back" technique is a 50% play at best. It worked a few times but more often than not goes badly wrong.

The big fella may just need to learn to catch a pass - treat it as a low kick.:D

Latest posts