What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vaughn ?

Gareth67

First Grade
Hopefully young lowrie will step up when given a chance

I hope that he will do just that Sammy , but hell , they are big boots he will have to fill .

It may be just me , but is Leeson Ah Mau also carrying an injury , as he seems to have dropped off from his usual intensity . In fact he work rate doesn’t seem to be the same anymore , this is the bloke that the Dragons really need to give the team that ‘ oomph ‘ in both defense and attack .

Once he gets those big legs of his going he is very hard to stop , still it will take an overall improvement from all the forward pack to make up for Vaughan’s absence and to keep the Dragons premiership hopes alive and kicking .

Last edited:

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
The Mary hate is strong in this one.
Look mate get one thing straight I do not hate Mary as a matter of fact I dont think I hate anybody tbh......what I do find it hard to accept is its plain to see from anybody that knows anything about this game of ours is that our coach lacks vision and alternative solutions when it comes to in particular the use of our bench and game plan b and c when a is not working.
And for the record I would prefer it if someone else coached my footy team..... because I voice my opinion on here and I might add thats what this forum is all about it doesnt mean I hate the man

TruSaint

Referee
Look mate get one thing straight I do not hate Mary as a matter of fact I dont think I hate anybody tbh......what I do find it hard to accept is its plain to see from anybody that knows anything about this game of ours is that our coach lacks vision and alternative solutions when it comes to in particular the use of our bench and game plan b and c when a is not working.
And for the record I would prefer it if someone else coached my footy team..... because I voice my opinion on here and I might add thats what this forum is all about it doesnt mean I hate the man

Well said BSE.

I backed Mary for his first few years. Nice bloke ? yep. Our coach to move forward, NOPE. Its not based on any hatred toward the man. He has had ample time to show his worth as a coach and has failed.

Needs a stint in the ESL or a role as an assistant coach elsewhere, irrespective of our accomplishments this year.

My man Gasnier

Juniors
We came into this season one good prop short. Why didn't the Club buy a prop when Thompson left? Each of us fans seem to only have next year to look forward to.

Not sure how many props were floating around as free agents when Thompson left...Either way it doesn't make sense to replace a second rower with a prop.

blacksafake

First Grade
Does anyone know what the freak accident was mate....not that it matters now I guess...just curious........real bugger this is to any thoughts of us resurrecting our slide.....hes one player that we really needed and is impossible to replace atm...as it is we are at least 1 prop short...and young Host has been out for a while.....still this is another reason McGregor needed to give our reserve boys more 1st grade exposure earlier in the season imo.....guess the other forwards will have to step up now...
Spot on BSE.
There’s been nothing said about the so called freak accident from the club, but they are always slow at keeping us fans informed. You’re right & I said in a previous post Vaughan is impossible to replace so all the others need to step up. I think Friz to prop is the obvious.

Dragon for life

Juniors
Spot on BSE.
There’s been nothing said about the so called freak accident from the club, but they are always slow at keeping us fans informed. You’re right & I said in a previous post Vaughan is impossible to replace so all the others need to step up. I think Friz to prop is the obvious.
Does this mean we will only be naming 16 players this week? Surely, Mary won’t know what to do other than cut and paste.

Huge loss. Not sure why he was training so early after injury and yes I know that it was a different leg but why not rest him until the finals. Anyway done now.

Belta

Juniors
Vaughan our best go forward player, my very favourite player.

Widdop and Vaughan out

Allgood

Friz moved up front, Leilua more time

Mann to 5/8

Field given time on the Field?

Allgood - a CHANGE is as good as a holiday.

We might even see Sele again

possm

Coach
Not sure how many props were floating around as free agents when Thompson left...Either way it doesn't make sense to replace a second rower with a prop.
This year we have good depth in the backrow but are shallow in the prop division. Kerr and Lawrie have not stepped up, Allgood is just of ISP standard and has been injured for most of the season and Latimore just does not cut it for me. In the backrow, we have Leilua, Host and Sele who we can rely on as backup.

sea dragon

Juniors
Wonder why they ruled Vaughan out for the season immediately.
Is it really that bad? If we were to make it through to the GF (wishful thinking)
that would be almost 6 weeks from the injury - any chance??

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Is it really that bad? If we were to make it through to the GF (wishful thinking)

The simple uncomplicated answer is that we have already achieved this years target ie: playing finals footy.
Anythinv above that (in our coaching staff's eyes) is just a bonus.

Now if they'd said out target is a premiership then, unless Vaughan's injury is severe, we should be moving hell and high water to get him right.

Thats the difference.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
I thought the same at first re Vaughans injury but apparentgly he had scans done later which ruled him out.....and even in the unlikely event of us making the GF I doubt whether he would be match fit after 9 or 10 weeks on the sideline.....its just a real bloody shame hes gone

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Spot on BSE.
Apparently mate I read it happened by one of his team mates in a tackle