What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

versus Sea Eagles...

Micistm

Bench
Mateo in or out? I'd be gutted if he's injured, he needs as much time as poss in 6 if he's going to improve/know when hold 'em fold 'em etc.
This game is going to be brutal, I'll be happy with a close game with no key injuries tbh.

Speaking of out, Hayne should not be avoiding a skate for last night. If he gets away with that-AGAIN-that proves the judiciary have their NRL Darling favourites. Not that'd be any big shock though

Constraint

Juniors
If that was a headbutt, I'm KOing my missus every time I kiss her before leaving for work in the morning. Poor girl, I'll have to be more careful.

Agreed with possibly showing Mara some first-grade game-time soon. With Heremaia on the outer (deservedly so), there's no harm at all in giving him a sneak peek into what's hopefully in store for him in years to come.

Please don't even mention the name of Seymour in these forums.. Talentless scum

ozbash

Referee
Juniors won 30-18

not up to their normal standard (thought our halves were asleep) but 2 points nonetheless.

Micistm

Bench
...Which is more than you can say for the main event.

God that was frustrating. First up, it'll sound like sour grapes- and I'm not saying the Warriors weren't flat or architects of their own demise...but the reffing and decisions were appalling. That is the worst officiating I've seen for a while and that's saying something. And I generally don't like to bag the refs, especially if your team is poor. But they were so bad they need a brick bat. Some of those decisions were so blatently unfair even the Aussie commentators were talking about them.
That said, frustrating. So many chances blown. Glimpses inbetween the frustration, but our attack was just gone. But credit to Manly for good defence-and getting away with what they did playing to the whistle.
Thank god the next games a Monday night, I'll need that long to get my blood down to the right level. Another game that left you a combination of bored, frustrated and furious

Micistm

Bench
If that was a headbutt, I'm KOing my missus every time I kiss her before leaving for work in the morning. Poor girl, I'll have to be more careful.

...And that's probably the defence he'll use, the 'you see worse in underbelly' was used by one of the other NRL Darlings...:lol:
Sure, it wasn't grab em by the ears and do the glasgow kiss...but it's still a blatent headbutt

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
...Which is more than you can say for the main event.

God that was frustrating. First up, it'll sound like sour grapes- and I'm not saying the Warriors weren't flat or architects of their own demise...but the reffing and decisions were appalling. That is the worst officiating I've seen for a while and that's saying something. And I generally don't like to bag the refs, especially if your team is poor. But they were so bad they need a brick bat. Some of those decisions were so blatently unfair even the Aussie commentators were talking about them.
That said, frustrating. So many chances blown. Glimpses inbetween the frustration, but our attack was just gone. But credit to Manly for good defence-and getting away with what they did playing to the whistle.
Thank god the next games a Monday night, I'll need that long to get my blood down to the right level. Another game that left you a combination of bored, frustrated and furious

I could chuck some poor calls back at ya mate ;)

I am staggered at how appalling the Warriors attack was, some of the worst at NRL level I have seen for a long time

NZ Warrior

First Grade
sh*t game, sh*t reffing, sh*t attack.

I think Seymour needs to come back into the side, at Lock, to help with the attack. Keep Mateo at 6, and run players off him more. And our forwards have to start going forward!

Micistm

Bench
I could chuck some poor calls back at ya mate ;)

I am staggered at how appalling the Warriors attack was, some of the worst at NRL level I have seen for a long time

:lol:No arguements there, awful attack. Good defense on your teams part as well though, but so many breaks were blown with the headless chickens approach.
But as for the reffing-I seldom use the refs for an excuse when we're crap, because it does look like sour grapes. But the last time I was this furious with the officiating was vs Penrith last year. Some of those perplexing calls better come under scrutiny this week.
Regardless of those, we were sh*t though, no getting away from that whatsoever:?

Micistm

Bench
...I would add that the better team won...but then I remembered there was only one team actually there... ;-)

So with Berrigans broken hand keeping him out for a while does Moon waltz back in or put Lewi Brown out there and go with a Taii Luck Taylor back row

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
...And that's probably the defence he'll use, the 'you see worse in underbelly' was used by one of the other NRL Darlings...:lol:
Sure, it wasn't grab em by the ears and do the glasgow kiss...but it's still a blatent headbutt

Please. That wasn't a headbutt, he leaned in and nudged heads. Seriously.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Since it will be impossible to have a good attack based of backline moves etc the quick easy fix in to just get the ball to Mateo in the opposistion 20 out wider where it's more one on one and then just have support runners. Wish the Fish wasn't injured, he's the perfect fullback for Mateo.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
if we're even doing a 3-2-1 i'll give three points to the guy at my local liquor store for telling me specials that didn't suck at about the 60th minute of the game.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Since it will be impossible to have a good attack based of backline moves etc the quick easy fix in to just get the ball to Mateo in the opposistion 20 out wider where it's more one on one and then just have support runners. Wish the Fish wasn't injured, he's the perfect fullback for Mateo.
remember when we would always have mckinnon always hanging off price's shoulder? i miss that.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
The upside of Hohaia not doing that is that it allows him to get into first reciever and do some play making and kicking.......:sarcasm:

Rich102

Staff member
sh*t game, sh*t reffing, sh*t attack.

I think Seymour needs to come back into the side, at Lock, to help with the attack. Keep Mateo at 6, and run players off him more. And our forwards have to start going forward!

I don't like Mateo at 6. You know what he is going to do all the time, bit of a jink and a short offload. It keeps the point of attack close to the ruck when we need to get it much wider.
I prefer Maloney at 6.
We need to try Godinet at 7.

It's not good to watch. Your first line sums it up.