What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Viable option to replace Griffin or should he stay.

OldPanther

Coach
I think it's funny people want to sing the praises of Griffin with the first chance they get. All that possession and they won from a lucky bunker decision and a penalty goal. The attack was so bad they couldn’t score but that's not Griffin's fault. Without the 14 - 4 penalty count I doubt we win it. Credit to Griff though.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
We had 60 tackles in their 20m zone and all we could come up with was a try from a bomb and a prop barge over.

There is no plan and no structure in attack. Griffin is absolutely clueless in this area.

If Manly had a 14-4 penalty count go their way they would've beat us by 30.

GongPanther

Referee
Griffin performed a masterclass effortt in getting the Panthers up for this win.The lads could have easily been frustrated by the tries not coming,but they stuck to their job,and performed what was one of their best efforts of the season.

We should go on with the job fom now on after that absymal beating from last week.

But as they say,every cloud has a silver lining.And that lining is that the loss to Souths was the loss we needed.

A big win V Warriors next Friday (can't believe they are the favourites) should lay the platform for the rest of the season's remaining games.

mxlegend99

Referee
I think it's funny people want to sing the praises of Griffin with the first chance they get. All that possession and they won from a lucky bunker decision and a penalty goal. The attack was so bad they couldn’t score but that's not Griffin's fault. Without the 14 - 4 penalty count I doubt we win it. Credit to Griff though.
Exactly.

14-4 penalty count. Dominated possession. Yet we missed more tackles and only won on the back of goals kicked.

One legit try with literally everything going our way... we were not very good. A win is a win. But a good team puts on a few more tries than we did.but we dont have any plays up our sleeve. Our centres never get the ball.

Happy to keep our season alive with 2 points. But that win was the least convincing win of our season. Refs handed it to us for a change.

OldPanther

Coach
Griffin performed a masterclass effortt in getting the Panthers up for this win.The lads could have easily been frustrated by the tries not coming,but they stuck to their job,and performed what was one of their best efforts of the season.

We should go on with the job fom now on after that absymal beating from last week.

But as they say,every cloud has a silver lining.And that lining is that the loss to Souths was the loss we needed.

A big win V Warriors next Friday (can't believe they are the favourites) should lay the platform for the rest of the season's remaining games.

I really hope you're right. Undefeated to the GF would be nice.

martielang

Bench
But the attitude last week was the fault of Moylan's shit pass? Are you serious?

Gees mate, wasn't expecting you to be the one to take the bait.

For the last week I've been told by all that claim to know much more then me, the coach/Griffin was 100% in control of the players attitude.... now we have a week when our attitude was terrific & it's not due to the coach. How does that work?

For what it's worth I've been arguing the players are for the most part in control of their own attitude & motivation, & if they can't get themselves up for a fight (unlike last night) it's on them not the coach.

We defeated the 3rd best defensive team in the comp.It might be OK to bag off the coach one week because of a loss.But you have to give credit where credit is due when he gets it right.
Got it right? Hahahaha wow. With the ball we had in their 20m a compent team wins by 40

OldPanther

Coach
We defeated the 3rd best defensive team in the comp.It might be OK to bag off the coach one week because of a loss.But you have to give credit where credit is due when he gets it right.

Really? I had no idea they were that good. Damn that JTurbo.

T
I'd like to see something through the week on the rationale behind awarding the DWZ try. Clearly they did not consider him to be offside. They looked at it enough times.
The only answer is if he and Blake first touched it simultaneously

TheFrog

Coach
I do think the better side won the game, and better by some way. We could have easily scored 3 more tries whereas Manly took every chance they got.

betcats

Referee
Was out for a mates bday so I still haven't seen it, good to get a win against a good though sounds like it was ugly, 14-4 penalty count is going to be hard for any team to over come.

OldPanther

Coach
Was out for a mates bday so I still haven't seen it, good to get a win against a good though sounds like it was ugly, 14-4 penalty count is going to be hard for any team to over come.

Yeah was an ugly win. We needed it though. The players were starting to look a bit down. Mansour and his knee. Moylan and his pass. DWZ looks like the most confident player out there. Really hope that picks them up.

Fangs

Coach

True. But when I bag the coach its about more than just the scoreboard at the end of the game. Its certainly not the only piece of evidence you have to review.

Credit for mixing up the use of his bench yesterday, I thought he did a good job with the rotation.

GongPanther

Referee
To put it in a more clearer perspective,8 points is the best defensive effort all season by any team V Manly.Before our game,Manly had always scored 10 or more points.

And as they say,it is defense that wins you games.And remember,we did it without Whare.

Latest posts