What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Video Game Mafia Game Thread

whall15

Coach
Aww, champion! I was too; kept 9701 alive til I think I got redirected, then kept Apey alive for the rest of the game.

Am absolutely gobsmacked I was alive for so long once whall outed my (I think deliberately) as Big Daddy despite my attempt to redirect away. That was what tipped me off to look at whall.

Nah wasn't deliberate, was just trying to act as the good town investigator.

whall15

Coach
Apey, Soc and DB were the only people who couldn't be recruited for obvious reasons. Whall tried to recruit soc and Apey (maybe tried Apey twice, I can't remember) which didn't help his culting activities.

I tried Apey twice, the last time was to try and role-block him.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Aww, champion! I was too; kept 9701 alive til I think I got redirected, then kept Apey alive for the rest of the game.

Am absolutely gobsmacked I was alive for so long once whall outed my (I think deliberately) as Big Daddy despite my attempt to redirect away. That was what tipped me off to look at whall.

Otherwise, awesome game.

You and D10 made some very key moves in predicting where mafia/others would aim for the kill. Definitely made it harder for them to drain town's numbers advantage.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Why was I killable on that last odd night, KTF?

You were turned vanilla by the zombie Sweet Tooth.

The Dead Rising ability brought three players back from the dead to use their actions as a one shot. RHCP/Sweet Tooth was one brought back and he chose to turn you vanilla, which basically means your character becomes vanilla and that includes any passive abilities. Otherwise it wouldn't have worked.

soc123_au

Staff member
What were yours?

Pretty much Apey's mirror

KeepingTheFaith said:
You are Sephiroth, Sephiroth aligned destroyer of everyone.

Sephiroth is the result of an experiment by the mega-corporation Shinra, in which they injected him with cells from the extraterrestrial life form Jenova when he was still a fetus. Upon discovering this, Sephiroth decides to follow what he believes to be his destiny and take control of the Planet

Passive Ability ? You cannot be killed or lynched the first 3 day/night phases. After that you?re on your own.

Night Action ? Materia collector. Each night you may choose a player to kill. If successful you will not only kill them but collect their power as well.

Subsequent Night Actions ? You may collect multiple powers but can only use a maximum of 2 on the one night (in addition to your kill).

You win when all threats to Sephiroth are defeated.

Drew-Sta

Staff member
When Drew posted this I thought I had a slim chance

Yeah, Mis had me thrown for a while. Glad Apey was around to set me straight :lol:

Nah wasn't deliberate, was just trying to act as the good town investigator.

Yeah, I know. But you played it quite innocent, and usually you quite discreet when it comes to identifying when to say something and when not too that I couldn't help but try to work out why you'd done that. I only discovered the Sephiroth thing as a result.

You and D10 made some very key moves in predicting where mafia/others would aim for the kill. Definitely made it harder for them to drain town's numbers advantage.

:D That makes me feel good!

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Apey collected abilities the good way, Sephiroth collected them the bad way. Whall, Apey and Soc all had the potential to become overpowered. Apey survived long enough to make it a reality (although he could only use two powers at a time.)

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
The best protect was probably the first time 9701 was saved. That was when I almost called it a night with one action remaining but decided to hold off for BDR.

The basic chain of events was....

Drew protected Apey
Apey blocked Drew
Bazzi kill 9701
Drew changed to protecting 9701, but he was still blocked by Apey
BDR then came in and redirected Apey to 9701. It blocked 9701 from investigating, but allowed Drew to protect 9701.

soc123_au

Staff member
Thanks for running the game KTF. I had a lot of fun f**king with everyone while I was still alive.

RHCP

Bench
You are Sweet Tooth, Bison aligned insane ice cream truck driver.

You are a clown, you drive an ice cream truck. You don't like people being happy. Need I say more?

You can communicate with your fellow mafia members, DB, Thorson, Bazzi.

Day Action – Chocolate or Vanilla. PM the name of a player each day with either Vanilla or Chocolate by their name. If Vanilla they will be turned vanilla for the night phase, if chocolate they will receive false information in the write up (the player/info being randomly selected) regarding the result of their power.

You win when all threats to Bison are defeated.

-

fun game. Choc'd PP a couple times but didn't pick up on anything to turn into a lynch, used vanilla the rest of the time.

DB

First Grade
KeepingTheFaith said:
You are M Bison, Bison aligned maniacal leader.

A would-be world dictator and a pure incarnation of evil, M. Bison's ambition is to control the world's governments through his covert crime syndicate, Shadaloo. He serves as the host of the Street Fighter fighting tournament.

Night action – You may protect one person per night.

Passive ability – You cannot die while there are more than 2 members of your faction.

You can communicate with your team members. They are Alma (thorson), Pyramid Head (Bazzi), and Sweet Tooth (RHCP)

You win when all threats to Bison are defeated.

Spent most of my time protecting Bazzi, as he had out kill.

Drew-Sta

Staff member
The best protect was probably the first time 9701 was saved. That was when I almost called it a night with one action remaining but decided to hold off for BDR.

The basic chain of events was....

Drew protected Apey
Apey blocked Drew
Bazzi kill 9701
Drew changed to protecting 9701, but he was still blocked by Apey
BDR then came in and redirected Apey to 9701. It blocked 9701 from investigating, but allowed Drew to protect 9701.

:lol:

Awesome save!

DB

First Grade
Was going to start to protect whall at the end, but he started gunning for me