What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Voice your opinion - yes price no sheens

mighty v

Juniors
Hey guys ,

Rumours are that we are after Sheens ..

My opinion is that hes a goose ,and done absolutely nothing at the tigers ,apart from 1 grand final ,and in end players hated him ,and he turned club to shit

Look at the players that left ,and the position the club is in atm

Say what you will about Price ,he has a lot to learn ,but he has steel in his blood and the players love him ,and he has fought back from adversity ...

Imo ,if you have the support of the players ,you go along way in getting the team to bond and play for each other

Reckon with the right cattle (we are on our way there),he will come out the other end as a great coach

So ,listen up board ,DONT WANT THAT GOOSE SHEENS ,stick with Price ..You have rolled the dice on Bellamy and missed out ,fair enough ,but give the bloke a chance ...Give Price 2 YEARS ,then do what you want after that..

So all fellow supporters make your VOICE heard here

NO SHEENS !!!!

Ben4214

Juniors
I'm not entirely against Sheens, he did get the tigers a premiership and ever since he left them they do not look half as good as they were under him.

Also I dont think 3 wins is enough to make Price a solid coach. I remember last year pre Anzac game we thought he was boss and we all know what happened after that game.

Elias1983

Coach
Can't say at the moment, I have said repeatedly that we will have a better picture in july/august...

Maybe Price is just starting to fire..maybe not...

BennyV

Referee
If we are going to get rid of Price, it needs to be for a huge upgrade - Bellamy would have sufficed, I probably would have been ok with a proven ESL coach, but definitely NOT Sheens...

Price is 3/6 this season, but its the journey that counts. He went from 0/3, recognised some problems, and now we are playing with better attack, the players are happy and enjoying their footy, and most of all we turned the corner and starting winning a few. The real tests are ahead, but he has started to show what he can do as a coach. He has been endorsed by the likes of Wayne Bennett and Phil Gould, both of whom say that he is a good coach with good potential. No coach jumps out as wonderful in his first year or two, including Bennett, Bellamy and Hasler.

People may argue that Sheens is the Australian Coach and that his 1990's record with Canberra is ok. SO WHAT?!?! My coffee table could be put in place as the Aussie coach and still do well. Keep in mind this clown put Kurt Gidley in an Australian Jersey. KURT GIDLEY! SERIOUSLY?
As for Sheens's 'pulling power'...really? Who did he pull to the Tigers? Blair?! Lol, that worked out well didn't it!

Sheens gets a big fat no from me as head coach. Given the positivity coming from the club with the signing of Thompson and potential signings of Chase and Dugan, the direction they are heading with recruitment (chasing Widdop and Williams), the young talent we have coming through the ranks, and the wins we are starting to put on the board, an announcement of Sheens from 2014 would be a huge step backwards. Dragons deserve a home grown coach, and in a few years time that could be Price. He could be for us what Hasler was for Manly up until 2011! Or what Bennett was for Brisbane up until 2008. Unless there is opportunity for INSTANT success GUARANTEED, give Pricey the time he needs!

NO SHEENS !!!!

getsmarty

Immortal
Can't say at the moment, I have said repeatedly that we will have a better picture in july/august...

Maybe Price is just starting to fire..maybe not...

I think the wheels are already in motion. Most clubs will be finished recruiting for next year before July, so unless Sheens does a Bradbury, I can't see Price holding onto head coach. Maybe Sheens will agree to keep Pricey, which I think would be a good scenario.

BrissyRedV

Bench
Agreed. Sign Price now and get rid of the speculation. It will help with stability and recruitment. The club needs to support him and sign the required cattle which they have failed to do for the past 2 seasons. There are no better coaches on the market. If we wait we may miss out on signings due to the unknown.

Last edited:

BrissyRedV

Bench
I think the wheels are already in motion. Most clubs will be finished recruiting for next year before July, so unless Sheens does a Bradbury, I can't see Price holding onto head coach. Maybe Sheens will agree to keep Pricey, which I think would be a good scenario.

Why would he stay as an assistant? He would most likely head to the UK if he is dumped.

Como Connection

First Grade
I want Price resigned, however if the club wants Sheens make him director of coaching, (including recruitment) and sign both for two years with Price as NRL coach.

TheRev

Coach
- If I had to decide today id take Sheens, seems far more astute & transparent to fans.
- But Price has finally been trying things lately, and so im not violently upset if he continues this year, though im still to be convinced its not just a novelty, Drinkwater and Cook only got 1 game for example, but its a start.

Did anyone watch NRL360 last night? Watching Ricky Stuart before/during/after the game in the dressing room... the intense emotions.. damn id love to see Price is really made of, because frankly I find his interviews nauseating, I feel like I have no insight into how he thinks.

possm

Coach
I want Price resigned, however if the club wants Sheens make him director of coaching, (including recruitment) and sign both for two years with Price as NRL coach.

I don't have a problem with this, it would be a good compromise. In this way recruitment would be professionally taken care of and Price could make use of Sheen's experience and advice.

If both Price and Sheens agree, this could be the answer.

Godz Illa

Coach
Did anyone watch NRL360 last night? Watching Ricky Stuart before/during/after the game in the dressing room... the intense emotions.. damn id love to see Price is really made of, because frankly I find his interviews nauseating, I feel like I have no insight into how he thinks.
It was on STERLO - important to make the correction because NRL360 is absolute shyte in comparison. STERLO, however is a fantastic show and may be the best rugby league show ever on tv.

The Ricky Stuart segment was very enjoyable. Would love more/all teams to do it. You see this kind of thing regularly in the show 'NFL Films', so there's really no good reason why the NRL can't get it happening.
Being a super expert armchair coach, of course, I thought Stuart hit the wrong note at halftime by focusing on the attitude and energy. It was all evident in the first half so the team was nailing it - I think touching on a few more technical game-plan related points would have been smarter.
And on presenting to the media, I think Stuart could take a lesson from Price in recent times. He was rather embarrassing post-match

LOYAL DRAGON

First Grade
Didn't Bennett fall out of favor at the Broncos? It happens. I tell you what I would really like to stick with price with the right cattle under him. Its a tough one to call.

Last edited:

Latest posts