What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Voice your opinion - yes price no sheens

Cagey Mac

Bench
I'd say that Doust, Albert and the board have intimate knowledge of Price's plans, if and how they are being realised and of negotiations with players and how Price as coach has impacted on them.
I would have tossed Price last year but I'm not so sure now.
I thought that I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

CC_Saint

Juniors
I have heard numerous players say "I like Price as a coach, and/or person".

I have not heard one player say that about Sheens.

You might want to Slice Price, but don't get Keen on the Sheen.

BennyV

Referee
Lol I can see it now...we just announced the signing of Thompson...next week we announce the signing of Chase and Dugan to start within a fortnight...following that, we will announce the re-signing of a select few of our top stars (Rein, Creagh, etc)...within the month, we will announce that we have Widdop and J.Morris on board for next year...

Then Cummins makes his first grade debut and scores 5 tries in a 40-0 victory over lol@souffs.

All Dragons fans will be in high spirits. 2014 never looked so good!

We take to the streets to sing the praises of Doust and Price! We look at a run into the top 8, challenging the Top 4. The streets are lined with red and white.

NEK MINNIT

SHEENS

uh-oh-emblem.jpg

jenninga

First Grade
I'd say that Doust, Albert and the board have intimate knowledge of Price's plans, if and how they are being realised and of negotiations with players and how Price as coach has impacted on them.
I would have tossed Price last year but I'm not so sure now.
I thought that I was wrong once but I was mistaken.
Same here,i started hating Price last year.However i have seen commitment from the team since round 1 and we are starting to put things together.I also like how we countered the Tigers fightback and bounced back to win,where momentum was with them (albeit a bit of luck which all teams need).Shows good attitude.
Recruitingproblems seem to be Doust and Youngs fault.I would like to see Price stay and start adding key signings to our squad.
Remember guys ,we don't have quality haf at the moment and we are doing ok .

stg666

Juniors
please peter doust, do not sign grandfather sheens. HE IS SHIT . steve price is the future of coaching at our great club. sign him long term NOW.

stg666

Juniors
ring the football club office and voice your opinion. according to the young girl i just spoke to , not to many people at all ring to have a whinge so ark up and ring them NOW .

Cagey Mac

Bench
And if we lose the next three game by considerable margins??
I think that it's time to sit back and enjoy the footy

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sheens is good when doing a rebuild in squad, team structure etc. His first 3 years at the Tigers were his best and most important, everything after that was an abomination, 2010 & 2011 made him look good, purely because we had minimal injuries for a change.

Sign him for 3 years only. Don't renew it, he'll fix things up.

possm

Coach
Kangaroos coach Tim Sheens still young and restless at 62

TO STEAL a line from Hollywood, rugby league is no country for old men.
Tim Sheens - who is 62 and has coached more games than any other in the history of the game - is no old man.

That's why he feels no deep-seated hostility or indignation about his messy departure from the Wests Tigers at the end of last season.

"I'm not bitter," says Sheens, opening up for the first time about his removal as Tigers coach after a decade.

"That's the sort of thing old men do, and I don't want to be an old man, mate. Young men don't do it. Young men get on with life.

"If you're going to be bitter about every poor thing that's ever happened in your life, you're going to be punching holes in everyone.

"Referees that didn't do the right thing, officials who didn't do the right thing, the next-door neighbour, the piece of real estate you should have bought ... You have to let some of those things go and move on."

That is why tonight's Anzac Test between Sheens' Kangaroos and New Zealand in Canberra cannot arrive soon enough.

For almost three decades, coaching has been his life. Apart from 2002, when he was in between jobs at the Cowboys and the Tigers, Sheens has had a clipboard in his hand since his first appointment at Penrith in 1984.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...d-restless-at-62/story-e6frexnr-1226623879978

bottle

Coach
There's plenty of time. As Douglas Adams said 'Don't Panic'.
Too early to call. Give Price some time and let's see where we stand in 8 or so weeks time.
Sheens will still be there. As possm's post shows, he has a commitment for now. No one is screaming out for him to come on board.
Still too early to make a definitive call on Price. However a few nice recent signings, and perhaps a few more to come (even for this year perhaps) could prove a nice fillip for him and the team.

Patience boys and girls, patience.

TheRev

Coach
It was on STERLO - important to make the correction because NRL360 is absolute shyte in comparison. STERLO, however is a fantastic show and may be the best rugby league show ever on tv.

The Ricky Stuart segment was very enjoyable. Would love more/all teams to do it. You see this kind of thing regularly in the show 'NFL Films', so there's really no good reason why the NRL can't get it happening.
Being a super expert armchair coach, of course, I thought Stuart hit the wrong note at halftime by focusing on the attitude and energy. It was all evident in the first half so the team was nailing it - I think touching on a few more technical game-plan related points would have been smarter.
And on presenting to the media, I think Stuart could take a lesson from Price in recent times. He was rather embarrassing post-match

Oops I watch too many NRL shows lol.. Yeah on Sterlo it was, I was blown away with how intense it is in those dressing rooms.. how hard it must be to keep the speeches fresh each week.. or through a losing trot... my only question is about opening that sort of thing up to more coaches is surely it gives away a lot of the tricks and strategy the coaches are implementing, which I cant imagine any of them would want to do? Id imagine they dont film all of it...

RednWhite

Bench
It's too late to have this debate. The Dragon's Board are determined to sign up Sheen and he is determined to coach an NRL Club. Announcement could be as early as next week.

getsmarty

Immortal
It's too late to have this debate. The Dragon's Board are determined to sign up Sheen and he is determined to coach an NRL Club. Announcement could be as early as next week.

Exactly.......People get a grip...Why do you think players are now signing with us. Put the pieces of the puzzle together. Price is not involved in recruitment.

bottle

Coach
Feel sorry for Price if true.
Have said all along that he wasn't being helped by a poor procurement regime.
Now we get some talent, for whatever reason, and he gets no chance to reap the benefits.
If we announce Sheens it will take the shine of my current high.

Latest posts