What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Voice your opinion - yes price no sheens

getsmarty

Immortal
Feel sorry for Price if true.
Have said all along that he wasn't being helped by a poor procurement regime.
Now we get some talent, for whatever reason, and he gets no chance to reap the benefits.
If we announce Sheens it will take the shine of my current high.

Its a Catch 22 Bottle... I feel for Price also, but these players probably wouldn't have signed. Time will tell.

possm

Coach
Feel sorry for Price if true.
Have said all along that he wasn't being helped by a poor procurement regime.
Now we get some talent, for whatever reason, and he gets no chance to reap the benefits.
If we announce Sheens it will take the shine of my current high.

Don't feel down about this. It could be the case that Sheens gets a 3 year deal and Price is appointed as his assistant coach. Price could then take over having gained all that experience.

Mr Red

First Grade
Don't feel down about this. It could be the case that Sheens gets a 3 year deal and Price is appointed as his assistant coach. Price could then take over having gained all that experience.

LOL!
cause Pricey didnt get enough experience working with Bennett for 3 years?
what coach in the right mind would go back to being Sheens' assistant after working with Bennett and then being a first grade coach?

If Price is moved on i suspect the ESL would be the most logical option to continue his career.

bottle

Coach
More concerned about a wasted opportunity under Sheens.
I don't rate him. If it comes to be I hope like f**k I'm wrong about him.

Can't make up my mind on this. If Price is going it's a shame he's never had a crack with a proper competitive roster to work with. Robinson, Toovey and Maguire wouldn't have got anything more out of the crap squad he's had for the past 18 months. I never thought he'd get us to 3 and 3, and, all right, it's not much of an achievement in the grand scheme of things. And we're probably going to smacked by Easts and the Living Filth before heading off to the Tits on a massive downer. But that's what you'll get in this comp without a fullback and a first grade halfback, a forward pack that's high on potential but low on experience and an injury toll that started last year.

Sheens, though. I'll take the call of the Tigers poster with the Graham-and-the-Colonel avatar. His best years are the first three and that's all we'll be offering.

I'm on the fence.

possm

Coach
LOL!
cause Pricey didnt get enough experience working with Bennett for 3 years?
what coach in the right mind would go back to being Sheens' assistant after working with Bennett and then being a first grade coach?

If Price is moved on i suspect the ESL would be the most logical option to continue his career.

Did not Folkes coach Canterbury to a premiership and later become Sheen's assistant and indeed Price's assistant.

There are many such examples.

To me it is very apparant that Price was not ready to coach first grade when he took over from Bennett. He should be ready at the end of a 3 year stint by Sheens however, if he does not want the gig that is his decision.

Last edited:

rainman44

Bench
More concerned about a wasted opportunity under Sheens.
I don't rate him. If it comes to be I hope like f**k I'm wrong about him.
Yeah im half half about sheens but like someone else has said, we might not have signed Thompson, Widdop, Chase and Dugan or even being in the hunt for Mateo or getting Josh Morris back.

Twenty10

Juniors
Id be happy with sheens. It may well be why we are now signing players. Hopefully he's in josh Morris's ear in kangaroos camp. I think prices fate was sealed months ago

mightydragon

Juniors
Sheens plays players out of position and is very abrasive. He only won a comp in 2005 because every other team capitulated. The Tigers that year were the real Bradburys

Steelman

Juniors
Sheens plays players out of position and is very abrasive. He only won a comp in 2005 because every other team capitulated. The Tigers that year were the real Bradburys
What a ridiculous statment if i remember correctly the tigers beat a star studed dragons team in the final. Sheens out coached Brown that night its done deal sheens will be dragons coach next year get used to it people

I want Price resigned, however if the club wants Sheens make him director of coaching, (including recruitment) and sign both for two years with Price as NRL coach.

Do exactly this - nail on head - right on - Yes, yess ...oh yesss - Yeah baby - tick in box - correct, etc etc etc.

Cobines best of both worlds.

Think Price IS a good coaching prospect, and the more time goes by and this stuff goes on, the more respect Price is earning for his focus, determination and mettle.

I am like most frustrated supporters who don't understand him because his media interviews are, well, that don't say anything. Generally I hate that. But I understand if it is a strategy by Price to deflect, and instead stay positive. Price may well be of that ilk that says all the analysis in the world does not help as much as staying positive and focused does.

Think Sheens, as the hands on day to day option - is passed it. Great mentor, respected name and reputation.

Every dog has his day.

FlameThrower

Bench
- If I had to decide today id take Sheens, seems far more astute & transparent to fans.
- But Price has finally been trying things lately, and so im not violently upset if he continues this year, though im still to be convinced its not just a novelty, Drinkwater and Cook only got 1 game for example, but its a start.

Did anyone watch NRL360 last night? Watching Ricky Stuart before/during/after the game in the dressing room... the intense emotions.. damn id love to see Price is really made of, because frankly I find his interviews nauseating, I feel like I have no insight into how he thinks.

Yeah I saw that too, but really can u keep that up for the season, a d will the Eels cop it week in, week out? Past record of Roosters, Sharks seems to say, I does not work. Is better suited to Origin or Kangaroos job, where it's, a short, sharp jolt. Plus u have the best players at your disposal......compare that to Parramatta squad.....

FlameThrower

Bench
What a ridiculous statment if i remember correctly the tigers beat a star studed dragons team in the final. Sheens out coached Brown that night its done deal sheens will be dragons coach next year get used to it people
I recall Trent Barrett penalty, that turned the game, ripped off again by Harrigan.....

Tim sheens biggest mistake at the tigers was letting two over inflated egos like Marshall and farah get in control and wield too much influence over the board and the dragons don't have egos like that and if we do get any they'll end up at Penrith!

BrissyRedV

Bench
Lock Trent Merrin, arguably the Dragons' best this season, said the players, not the coach, were to blame for the side's slow start and urged the club to stick with Price.
''That's exactly what it was, it was us as a group to blame,'' Merrin said before Country's clash with City in Coffs Harbour on Sunday.
''Everyone was blaming Pricey but in the end it comes down to the players and the individuals. If we don't want to play footy then we're going to dish up rubbish, which we did the first few weeks. We've had a good look at ourselves and tweaked a few things and it's been working since.
''There was heaps of talk about him getting the chop and we knew that. But that's not what we're about. We don't give into stuff like that and and we knew we were better than that. To see someone we love and respect so much to be criticised like that hurt all of us. We knew we had to pull our fingers out to make sure he stays with us.''
You'd be hard pressed to find a person who has anything negative to say about Price, and those in rugby league circles believe the besieged Dragons mentor is one of the best young coaches in the business.
But St George Illawarra haven't done him any favours by placing so much uncertainty over his future.
They've made no secret of their desire to lure a high-profile coach to the club and even when they missed out on Craig Bellamy, they placed Price under even greater pressure when they insisted they would continue their search for another coach. Amidst the uncertainty and the lack of support from the club, Price has transformed his side from potential wooden-spooners into a confident team many believe may challenge for the finals.
Merrin, who has played under Price since the under-20s, went as far as comparing Price with Bennett.
''Pricey is one of those blokes you want to go out there and play for,'' Merrin said. ''There's a similar comparison to Wayne Bennett because you got out there and played for Wayne as well.
''Pricey's down to earth, but he'll give you the tap on the shoulder when he thinks you need it and that's what any good coach does.''

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...und-in-form-20130419-2i5hn.html#ixzz2QvKSoFqo

Merrin has put his weight behind Pricey and who are we all to disagree with arguably our best player?
;-)

Latest posts