What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Volkman & Allan gone

Maximus

Coach
No argument so you resort to be a spelling Nazi

Auto correct got me i fixed it

🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣

I'm not sure what argument I'm supposed to make. Your argument appears to be that he didn't get injured at Dragons training, so therefore it's all good, but I never suggested he got injured at Dragons training.

I said we broke the rules because he was training with us, and the reason the rule is in place is to protect the team and player from being injured while not insured. Feel free to try to argue against that. You can't which is why you decided to argue something completely different.

BLM01

First Grade
Medicals don't happen as part of team training.

He was training with the team despite not having a registered contract. It's a clear breach of the rules.
Medicals are part of registering a contract including what is required under the new CBA agreement. No breach of the rules. It was obviously not full team training which is the only question. What is the definition and what is allowed of a NRL player medical before registering a contract.

St Tangles

Bench
I'm not sure what argument I'm supposed to make. Your argument appears to be that he didn't get injured at Dragons training, so therefore it's all good, but I never suggested he got injured at Dragons training.

I said we broke the rules because he was training with us, and the reason the rule is in place is to protect the team and player from being injured while not insured. Feel free to try to argue against that. You can't which is why you decided to argue something completely different.

Now you are just making it up as you go and trying to make your point through insults.

He wasn't injured so every thing you state is null and void.

If you can't see the relevance in what I stated that's on you.

BLM01

First Grade
A business will generally claim on public liability insurance for someone slipping and falling. Since the club was in breach of a rule where if they had complied, the player would have been covered by the correct insurance, there's a good chance the insurer would reject liability.

And if they did accept liability, the likely result is that when it comes time to renew, they put the club in the highest risk bracket, and premiums skyrocket. A business that deliberately breaks rules that result in injury is hard to insure.

Whether it was part of a medical or not, they had him training with the squad, hence the vest that says don't tackle him. The rules say that the only players allowed to participate in training are players who have a registered contract. He didn't have one.
Show me the rule about what a club medical entails and what they can or cant do before registering a contract.
And if we have breached the rules why is this forum the only one still running with the story or doing anything about it if we have in the hope they are right.
Until I see or hear the club has been issued with a the breach notice then we have not

Last edited:

Iamback

Coach
Some people just dont get it. Medicals are part of registering a contract including what is required under the new CBA agreement. No breach of the rules. It was obviously not full team training which is the only question. What is the definition and what is allowed of a NRL player medical before registering a contract.

Warriors confirmed an injury on Dec 12 -

Surely part of the medical is can he pass the ball. You expect some kind of field work

Warriors didn't send him for a scan to see the damage. Likely they wanted to free up a spot for Capewell so rushed it through.

Dragons wanted a win so went early.

But he doesn't need the medical if the injury is looked after BEFORE he is released

BLM01

First Grade
Warriors confirmed an injury on Dec 12 -

Surely part of the medical is can he pass the ball. You expect some kind of field work

Warriors didn't send him for a scan to see the damage. Likely they wanted to free up a spot for Capewell so rushed it through.

Dragons wanted a win so went early.

But he doesn't need the medical if the injury is looked after BEFORE he is released
Correct some type of field work. We had to do our due diligence just should of kept it quiet about signing him until we knew for sure. That is what cooling off periods are for

Iamback

Coach
But how do you know he wasn’t injured with you? He trained before you did the medical.

Was he training or was doing the medical? The 1st day back at Training and his 1st day at the club they find his shoulder issue.

If they don't announce the signing over the xmas/NYE break, It just goes as failed medical.

Warriors haven't denied he was injured at training over there

Was he training or was doing the medical? The 1st day back at Training and his 1st day at the club they find his shoulder issue.

If they don't announce the signing over the xmas/NYE break, It just goes as failed medical.

Warriors haven't denied he was injured at training over there
I don’t know the specifics. It might be that he was doing a medical.

But it was reported he trained, and the pictures show he had on a yellow bib. That’s all I’m going on, and (depending on the specifics) that might be enough for Volkman to claim the contract is valid.

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
Its ok for Volkman to be on the training field for an extended medical in a limited no contact capacity.

Id be astounded if what we sent through with the contract didnt have provisions and waivers pre NRL registration due to the holiday period preventing the NRL to sign off and register. Specifically stating we wanted to do an extended medical assessment.

That's 101 managing risk in a contract isn't ?

What would be best practice would be in isolation the medical to the side of the players. BUt if he is simply doing sprints and passes with the players I see no risk except for us...........and his manager would have advised his client that you are not NRL registered so 100% of the risk is with you.

Volkmans situation is quite different that he took the money and ran and delisted so quickly........then it was up to him

Last edited:

Maximus

Coach
Given Volkman is not a registered player, he is not insured and has no club to cover his medical bills.

The Rugby League Players Association has stepped in to help Volkman navigate through this situation.

Some of you guys should explain to foxsports and the RLPA that you in fact know more than them.

Some of you guys should explain to foxsports and the RLPA that you in fact know more than them.

Ye olde LU has it’s share of scoop junior cub reporters.

A clear example was our good friend @MugaB calling the Jerome Luai departure as far back as October.

Only three months before mainstream.

He should have let Shane Richardson in on it I guess as he was gearing up for the coup.

Last edited:

ground zero

Juniors
Warriors are responsible for his injuries and will have to pay for his surgery to fix his shoulder and wages while recovering. He has a case in the industrial commission. No way can they dodge there responsibility towards Volkman.

I don’t know the specifics. It might be that he was doing a medical.

But it was reported he trained, and the pictures show he had on a yellow bib. That’s all I’m going on, and (depending on the specifics) that might be enough for Volkman to claim the contract is valid.
Doubt it.

Its more likely that the Dragons wouldn’t have gone anywhere near him if they were fully acquainted with the nature and extent of his injuries.

This was not disclosed to them.

St Tangles

Bench
Medicals are part of registering a contract including what is required under the new CBA agreement. No breach of the rules. It was obviously not full team training which is the only question. What is the definition and what is allowed of a NRL player medical before registering a contract.
I'm not sure you will convince him.
He read it in the paper.