What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vote with Your Feet.

TheRam

Coach
Well f**k off out of the trenches you fickle prick, nah just kidding mate I agree with what you are saying, some people on this site will go off delux if heaven forbid if you r sick of your team losing when they are supposed to be a threat :lol: I for one will not cop mediocrity anymore and for that I have copped an absolute sh*t load for pretty much sharing your opinion along with many others.

Thanks mate, but the truth does not need shouting. Even whispered its sound becomes a roar. On the other hand delusions, smoke screens and lies need to be screamed & yelled out.

Shouting down others is all part of their own fear to deal with reality. Not ours, so holds strong my friend. We are not alone.

Ant

Juniors
Well can of worms. Anyway I still back my basic point that its a ridiuculous notion to stop supporting the team, just because they are playing poorly. If they really weren't putting in they'd be getting 40 put on them every week. I think some players may not be putting in, but not the whole team.

But what has always irked me, and is core to this post is the absolute negativity of many of our fans. There is generally a lot of negativity with very little well constructed, well thought out solutions.
I mean the current solution from many is to drop half the top grade side and replace them with lower graders. There is a reason most 23 year old plus guys are still playing nsw cup, its because they are not first grade material. And the 20s are going terrible. It is just not well though out.

The second thing that irks me is that we have a different scape goat as the season progresses. Currently its Hagan. Some other guys have been untouchable, I mean for some critics its taken 18 rounds to recognise Hayne has been poor.

I also think the constant line we have sooo much talent yet we are playing poorly is a total myth. If you compare our top 17 to other clubs I think you'll find our great list of talent pool is simply not there.
First and foremost compare our side to the storm the best side. I reckon on best form we get 5 maybe 6 players into a combined side. Hayne, Inu, Mateo, Hindy, Cayless. Then you could debate Lima or Fui as bench prop or Guru or Quinn as one winger.

In fact I did the same with the tigers and eels best line up and still managed more tigers 9 to 8.

So this rubbish about all this talent, is just that rubbish. We are the same as most other teams bar perhaps the storm who have a superior group of players to all others. We have some very talented players, but it doesn't extend beyond perhaps Inu, Grothe, Hayne, Mateo, Finch, Hindy and Cayless.
At the end of last year our stars all hit full throtal and if the others just do their job you have a top team. At the moment some of our stars are off the pace and more importantly than anything else which people fail to recognise, we are not the same team as the end of last year. We are 4 players quite different than that team. No Timana Tahu who was on fire at the time. Ian Hindy was going great and is much better than Weller. No PJ, though I think dummy half is one area we are going okay.

But the biggest difference is no Tim Smith. He was our general and the person who created more for us than anyone else. He had no running game, we know, though some could never accept it. But he had arguably the greatest all round attacking passing and kicking game of any player in the comp. Finch was a bit part, Mateo just chimed in when needed, Smith did the bulk.

See what irks me more than anything else when talking about how a team is going, is rarely to people look at anything deeper than the results. We don't have envied talent, we have talent but no more than most. We lost our key playmaker, who was hounded out by some who are still bitching now.

Simple facts on how to go well in the comp:
1. Stay healthy no key injuries, keep a consistent side on the park, although you can do this over the last 10 or so weeks and still succeed.
2. Any side going well will struggle due to the cap, you must have new youngsters step up each year or have your average joes have a season out of the box.
3. Your guns must fire

I don't think any of those have gone our way.

Eelsnutcase

Juniors
Being that i live in newcastle i have made it to 5 games this year and was there last night.I even stayed till after the siren went and copped plenty from the souths faithful but yet did not at any stage try and cover up my pride in the jersey i was wearing.Our side lacks dare i say it what the knights have an abundance of which is that pride in the jumper.I was a smithy fan and could not believe it when we chased hagan.Joey pretty much coached the team with hagan just collecting the cash.I have not given up on the boys even if some have given up on each other.I point the finger at denis and hagan and one of them if not both needs to go.But as i am a realist i know this wont happen hagan will see out his contract and denis will get us another reject.I think we should start a bring back smithy petition, lol maybe not.

Suitman

Post Whore
Well can of worms. Anyway I still back my basic point that its a ridiuculous notion to stop supporting the team, just because they are playing poorly.

Shame you wasted so much time typing that whole post when you lost me in the first sentence due to an inaccuaracy that you use to support your argument.

No one has said they'll stop supporting them. Some have said they may stop going to the games. Others have said why should they bother spending their hard earned on them, when they can't see them putting in. But NO ONE has said they'll stop supporting them.

Big difference.

Suity

Last edited:

strider

Post Whore
well supporting from the privacy of your lounge room isn't really showing support - i think thats the issue here

Ant

Juniors
Shame you wasted so much time typing that whole post when you lost me in the first sentence due to an inaccuaracy that you use to support your argument.

No one has said they'll stop supporting them. Some have said they may stop going to the games. Others have said why should they bother spending their hard earned on them, when they can't see them putting in. But NO ONE has said they'll stop supporting them.

Big difference.

Suity

No you chose to not respond to the rest because it would have taken thought.

I am happy to rewrite it, to say its a ridiculous notion not to turn up and support your team just because they are playing poorly. That is fair weather fan stuff. Its when your team needs you more than ever, that home ground support could get a call to go your way. Not turning up is simply a way of helping a club go even worse than it already was.

When you have to drive 400km plus just to see a game it does tend to annoy you, to hear people carry on like this.

Suitman

Post Whore
well supporting from the privacy of your lounge room isn't really showing support - i think thats the issue here

So, you expect 20000 to the next home game against the Cowboys then, but those that don't come aren't really supporters? I'm a bit confused about your statement Strides.

Suity

TheRam

Coach
I can understand the frustration, but you need to keep supporting your club because without us the club won't exist.

Whinge, bitch, moan and complain, these are our rights as fans. But always support the club, become a member and get to the games.

Brought to you by Parra Leagues.

strider

Post Whore
Hmmm. Out of town supporters?

So, you expect 20000 to the next home game against the Cowboys then, but those that don't come aren't really supporters? I'm a bit confused about your statement Strides.

Suity
did i say i expect a big crowd? wtf has that got to do with what i said? :lol:

my point is if supporters aren't visable then no one knows there is any support ... I don't think my support for games i watch on tv over in the st george area means anything to anyone really .... kinda the whole, if a tree falls in the woods does anyone give sh*t type of situation

TheRam

Coach
You started a thread encouraging Parra fans not to go to games ! Of course I don't agree with it ! Do you forget your words ? I'll remind you then:

You don't call that abandoning the team ? :?

Yes Gandhi also encouraged his country men to protest with their feet. Do you consider that also to be a betrayal of support or abandoning his nation?

strider

Post Whore
Yes Gandhi also encouraged his country men to protest with their feet. Do you consider that also to be a betrayal of support or abandoning his nation?
I bet who he was protesting against thought it was :lol:

big boppa eel

Juniors
Thanks mate, but the truth does not need shouting. Even whispered its sound becomes a roar. On the other hand delusions, smoke screens and lies need to be screamed & yelled out.

Shouting down others is all part of their own fear to deal with reality. Not ours, so holds strong my friend. We are not alone.
Cheers mate,

big boppa eel

Juniors
What about purchasing merchandise at footy heaven so the money goes towards the club even if they are pricier than other stores, being a member of the club and going to half dozen games a year, you dont have to go to every second game to be a good supporter suity as not everyone may have that luxury.

big boppa eel

Juniors

Big difference.

Suity
And that was my point suity, if i choose to vent and not go to games for a while this is my choice certainly not worth people going ape sh*t over and being personal, but hey thats just me.

big boppa eel

Juniors

I am happy to rewrite it, to say its a ridiculous notion not to turn up and support your team just because they are playing poorly. That is fair weather fan stuff. Its when your team needs you more than ever, that home ground support could get a call to go your way. Not turning up is simply a way of helping a club go even worse than it already was.

When you have to drive 400km plus just to see a game it does tend to annoy you, to hear people carry on like this.
If you dont mind me asking, how old are you Ant and how many games do you think you have attended so far in your life, what the hell lets make this a pissing competition im up for it.:)

Suitman

Post Whore
What about purchasing merchandise at footy heaven so the money goes towards the club even if they are pricier than other stores, being a member of the club and going to half dozen games a year, you dont have to go to every second game to be a good supporter suity as not everyone may have that luxury.

Ah, I think you mean strider.

The Real Suity

TheRam

Coach

Listen here Ant, we all know that this team is a shadow of the team that it was. That's the fu*king point.

I know you're an Ant, but I didn't think it extended to your mental capacity as well.

There are so many reasons why this team is in the position that it is today, and all levels of the club have some responsibility for it being there. Not the fans who are fed up with the never ending fu*ckups that they have committed.

DO YOU GET THAT?!!!

I still don't think you do.

Latest posts