What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vote with Your Feet.

big boppa eel

Juniors
What you say about recruitment and effort is obvious. I don't like what's been happening out there, but that doesn't mean I'll be abandoning my team.

I'll back my team no matter what. You come back when we're winning, I'll still be here.
Mate you have already gone over this, we know where you stand on this, no need to go over old ground though at the same time you seem to be embelishing in regards to this thread as I never mentioned the word abandon or abandoning, to be honest I cant believe the way u and a couple of your mates have been so personal towards me for starting a thread you dont agree with, dont worry though im not going anywhere this time.:eek:

big boppa eel

Juniors
With respect Mark, bullsh*t.

I'll back up at the next home game, but f**k, I can understand why one wouldnt, and why people would want to vote with their feet.

This is not 1995 where we had a terrible squad.

This is a squad brimming with talent, who should be top 4 material, but will miss the finals.

To me, its not about results or things not going our way. If it was, I would have jumped ship in the 90s. Its about effort, committment, pride in jersey.

Why should any supporter be belittled, be called a softcock, be called a fairweather fan, for not wanting to go and watch a bunch of highly paid softcocks who have demonstrated, to be frank, they dont really care to much about the jersey?

Choosing NOT to go to game doesnt mean abandoning the club. Rather, it can be a way to send message to the players you're not happy with their effort, and to the admin that you are not happy with the direction the club is going.

I will go to the next home game. But I will be thinking long and hard before renewing a season ticket for next year. I probably will, but it will get much more thought than normal
Cheers Fish, Im glad that you and others understand the point I was trying to make. I didnt think it was that difficult and outlandish considering the effort off and on the field.

Agent Mulder

Bench
I can only agree. Disgraceful thread, some our fans are the worst in the league. Signing up as a fan is like being married for better or for worst. Not the slightest sign of trouble and we all bail out.

I don't know how some of you guys would have survived in the early 90s. When you savoured every win like it was your last meal.

Once again disgraceful thread, for mine good bye and good riddance, does it mean we get to stop getting the constant negativity on these forums as well. Gee we are going to be 1 point out of the top 8 at the end of the round, lets all rip up our season tickets, burn our jerseys and go move to melbourne.

FFS, somebody called me a glass half a full man, well I can tell you from the half full side of the room, life is a little better over here. Sure we hate losing, but if you guys were cowboys fans you have lynched the whole mob by now.

Try and be constructive for once, something more than Hagan is sh$t, lowrie is crap etc, etc.

I will say it one more time disgraceful thread. But does it mean the negative crap stops as well, I doubt it.

Mate, Your Kidding right?? I've been an Eels fan for over 20 years now and i know there are others on here that i have met at games in real life that have been following the team longer then i have, They have every right in the world to be pissed off, I know i am, I can not believe that with the amount of talent we have we are stuggling to make the 8, I know for a fact that in 2006 when Taylor took over we all got behind the team as they pushed into the finals without a f**kING Forward pack!!! That was f**king passion!!! Nothing what they are showing now!, back in 2006, yes i went to games (Vs Roosters, Tigers and Saints) and watched games at pubs on FOX and screamed my lungs out for them, I wouldn't go and see them now, Apart from the 2nd half Vs Bulldogs and Vs Tigers they have been bloody sh*thouse, DISGRACEFUL.

Gronk

Staff member
Mate you have already gone over this, we know where you stand on this, no need to go over old ground though at the same time you seem to be embelishing in regards to this thread as I never mentioned the word abandon or abandoning, to be honest I cant believe the way u and a couple of your mates have been so personal towards me for starting a thread you dont agree with, dont worry though im not going anywhere this time.:eek:

You started a thread encouraging Parra fans not to go to games ! Of course I don't agree with it ! Do you forget your words ? I'll remind you then:

big boppa eel said:
I for one am not going to waste my time and money any longer over these dicks, I appeal to all long suffering fans is that you guys do the same and let them play in front of loved ones if their lucky.

You don't call that abandoning the team ? :?

big boppa eel

Juniors
You started a thread encouraging Parra fans not to go to games ! Of course I don't agree with it ! Do you forget your words ? I'll remind you then:

You don't call that abandoning the team ? :?
yes maybe if people boycotted a game or 2 they may recognise the gravity of the situation and think these people are hurting lets pull our finger out and start acheiving, or they may not care as they still earn their 3.5 million salaries, heaven forbid we upset the players. Gronk let me assure you if fans stop attending it wont be because of this little spat it will be because they refuse to part with their hard earned to watch mediocrity. As far as Im concerned thats it from me regarding this thread, people are intelligent enough to make their own minds regarding this teams standing in the NRL.

fish eel

Immortal

You need to go to a game to support the club?

If someone decides that the effort being put in by the players isnt worth them spending their money on, and decides they're not going to, why is that abandoning the side?

eeladdick

Juniors
one good comment from Gus gould during the broncos dogs game,
"these queensland fans know how to support thier team, i hate going to games in sydney with small home game crowds, the NRL have got to look at holding a grand final up here."
well something along those lines
So this could prove the point

Gronk

Staff member
You need to go to a game to support the club?

If someone decides that the effort being put in by the players isnt worth them spending their money on, and decides they're not going to, why is that abandoning the side?

He was proposing an empty stadium. So that the players play in front of their loved ones if they are lucky. A boycott. Not on IMO.

fish eel

Immortal
He was proposing an empty stadium. So that the players play in front of their loved ones if they are lucky. A boycott. Not on IMO.

And?

Did he propose supporting another club? Jumping ship all together?

Boycott or no boycott. People will stay away in droves, and rightly so, if the same effort (not results, effort) is dished up any more this year. That doesnt make those people that stay away fairweather fans.

We'll get less than 10K IMO against the cowboys. And, TBH, it's hard to argue with any conviction that based on effort, the team deserves anymore than that.

With respect Mark, bullsh*t.

I'll back up at the next home game, but f**k, I can understand why one wouldnt, and why people would want to vote with their feet.

I would think it would be only a Bandwagon supporter who would think that it was the right thing to do I am sorry to say.

This is not 1995 where we had a terrible squad.

This is a squad brimming with talent, who should be top 4 material, but will miss the finals.

Yet instead of supporting that side, trying to boost their efforts from the side line it appears to be easier to chuck in the towel and call it a protest vote.

To me, its not about results or things not going our way. If it was, I would have jumped ship in the 90s. Its about effort, committment, pride in jersey.

Sure we can all see that, I just wonder how not turning up is going to get that changed?

Why should any supporter be belittled, be called a softcock, be called a fairweather fan, for not wanting to go and watch a bunch of highly paid softcocks who have demonstrated, to be frank, they dont really care to much about the jersey?

And why should someone who stays be called the same for stating their opinion. Or indeed why should someone who stays be called acceptant of mediocrity. When no statement to the effect was ever made. On the team you can take that line if you want, but regardless I would think a fan would still go out if they had the means to.

Choosing NOT to go to game doesnt mean abandoning the club. Rather, it can be a way to send message to the players you're not happy with their effort, and to the admin that you are not happy with the direction the club is going.

Not really in my mind it will just be put down to the continued fickleness of Parramatta fans who will return when things go better.

I will go to the next home game. But I will be thinking long and hard before renewing a season ticket for next year. I probably will, but it will get much more thought than normal

As I said before that is your prerogative, but If you like those seats, I would encourage you to purchase them again because they might be hard to get back when you want them.

fish eel

Immortal
I would think it would be only a Bandwagon supporter who would think that it was the right thing to do I am sorry to say.

Ahhh, the bandwagon accusation. Used by people who rack up more games and kilometres than others to demonstrate they are a bigger fan.

Yet instead of supporting that side, trying to boost their efforts from the side line it appears to be easier to chuck in the towel and call it a protest vote.

You completely miss the point.

These guys should be top 4. They're not. They're drastically underperforming. They appear not to care. If someone decides not to turn up to a game because they effort and the attitude of the players aren't worth spending money on, thats chucking in the towel?

Sure we can all see that, I just wonder how not turning up is going to get that changed?

Who said it will change anything?

But tell me, how does the average punter best express his displeasure with the club, they way its heading and the on field commitment of the side?

Maybe write a letter? Post on a message board? Join the football club, wait three years to vote in a board that dont have control of the NRL side?

Or simply not spend their hard earned coin on watching some over paid prima donnas play with no pride?

I know what option would send the strongest and loudest message. And it aint a full stadium.....

And why should someone who stays be called the same for stating their opinion. Or indeed why should someone who stays be called acceptant of mediocrity. When no statement to the effect was ever made. On the team you can take that line if you want,

Take that up with the person that threw that word at you. Wasnt me

but regardless I would think a fan would still go out if they had the means to.

The flipside of that is if you have the means and dont go, you're not a fan?

Not really in my mind it will just be put down to the continued fickleness of Parramatta fans who will return when things go better.

Some only come when we're winning.

Others are happy to see committment and pride. Thats what we're NOT getting.

As I said before that is your prerogative, but If you like those seats, I would encourage you to purchase them again because they might be hard to get back when you want them.

and as I said, I probably will renew. 99% certain. But I'm not overly concerned about not being able to get good seats in 2010 if I'm not on board next year. Cant see season tickets walking out the door for next season....

Hurriflatch

Referee
Ahhh, the bandwagon accusation. Used by people who rack up more games and kilometres than others to demonstrate they are a bigger fan.

These guys should be top 4. They're not. They're drastically underperforming. They appear not to care. If someone decides not to turn up to a game because they effort and the attitude of the players aren't worth spending money on, thats chucking in the towel?

But tell me, how does the average punter best express his displeasure with the club, they way its heading and the on field commitment of the side?

Maybe write a letter? Post on a message board? Join the football club, wait three years to vote in a board that dont have control of the NRL side?

Or simply not spend their hard earned coin on watching some over paid prima donnas play with no pride?

I know what option would send the strongest and loudest message. And it aint a full stadium.....

and as I said, I probably will renew. 99% certain. But I'm not overly concerned about not being able to get good seats in 2010 if I'm not on board next year. Cant see season tickets walking out the door for next season....

exactly, thats why I had no problem going to games in the early to mid 90's sure the team lost more then they won but they gave it there all each week something this side isn't doing.

Look at Canberra if Parra had the same pride, passion and commitment that the Raiders players have then Parra would've won at least 5 premierships in the last 10 years

Oh no, nice try but no, I am not accusing anyone, I mearly said the acctions appear to be those that only attend when we win.

Personally I don't care how many games or how far you go, to support the side, as long as you support the side when you can. It would appear to me that "Voting with your Feet" is not supporting the side regardless of their form.

In my opinion yes that is chucking in the towel.

Yet not turning up will send no message what so ever.

Yet you seemed to want to hold me accountable for throwing a word back.

Never said that. Don't put words in my mouth fish.

And you can put that down to a few things, but still you support the side when things are good, and you support the side when things are tough.

Oh sure neither can I, or at least not an increase unless we extract the digit hard core, but maybe some other events will turn that around. ;-)

fish eel

Immortal
Oh no, nice try but no, I am not accusing anyone, I mearly said the acctions appear to be those that only attend when we win.

You are completely missing my point, whether by choice or not.

I am not talking about not winning. I am talking about the effort put in.

Personally I don't care how many games or how far you go, to support the side, as long as you support the side when you can.

It would appear to me that "Voting with your Feet" is not supporting the side regardless of their form.

As above, not about not winning, it's about not putting in.

Why should anyone be accused of not supporting the team because they dont think the effort (NOT the result) is not worth the money?

In my opinion yes that is chucking in the towel.

No. Chucking in the towel is deciding not to follow the club at all, to put your support behind another team.

Yet not turning up will send no message what so ever.

When people dont turn up, it will send a message the fans arent happy.

In anycase, back to the question I asked, what other way can an average fan voice their displeasure?

Never said that. Don't put words in my mouth fish.

No, you didnt say it, but it was the subtext of what you said.

And you can put that down to a few things, but still you support the side when things are good, and you support the side when things are tough.

Indeed. And I've supported them through tougher times than this season.

I just think that just because someone like Big Boppa Eel says we should protest the lack of effort by not turning up, he shouldnt be subject to fickle or fairweather taunts and have people pontifcat about how long they've been a STH (and no, thats not directed at you)

Oh sure neither can I, or at least not an increase unless we extract the digit hard core, but maybe some other events will turn that around. ;-)

We'll see.

In any case, I'll be at the next home game. And the one after. And the one after that. And I doubt I won't renew my ticket. But I can understand why people would want to not turn up - but, and keep this in mind, if we had been going down fighting, if we had half the talent we do, I'd be going hard against anyone talking about not fronting, but with this mob, you can mount an argument IMO.

On that note, it's 7:30 and time for the doctor......

Nikki

Coach
I can see this Fridays game being a semi boycott of sorts, without even trying. Not many ppl are gunna be able to make it due to the crap of World Youth Day. I for one cant go due to work commitments. So maybe we can pretend its a boycott :lol:

Latest posts