What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vote with Your Feet.

ROGUE

Juniors
just to pose a trivia question.Do any of you recall when was the last time a protest occured in relation to our the eels?

just to pose a trivia question.Do any of you recall when was the last time a protest occured in relation to our the eels?

There was supposed to be one on the Queens Birthday Long Weekend when we played Manly at Parramatta Stadium in 2004. Not that it eventuated.

You keep using the word "Noble" I never said I was noble dont you get it? Im sick of going to the games and watching a bunch of disinterested hacks, MITS I dont know your connections to the club and frankly I dont care, in saying this though you appear from you posts to be a decent level headed guy, unfortunatly though it appears these connections in my opinion make you paint a rosie picture no matter how we are travelling, the truth of the matter is this club is in trouble and I dont see one saviour in the whole place, yet you and a couple of other want us to pretend everything is fine take our medicine shut your mouth and support the team and get on with, though its painfully clear people are fed up and feel this may be the only way to say we as fans are now playing hardball, and where do you as a club stand, and to be honest Ive never seen a team so disinterested in their fans. That historical day at hombush so much as proved that anyway, or do we have excuses for that to, supporter again were treated with contempt, trust I me was there, the only bonus is I saved my cash because there was nothing out to purchase.

Mark, if ever you want some evidence for your report................this is it.
Smell the roses before it's too late.

Suity

See this level of Frustration, this Angst, this powerlessness is the bigger problem for you isn't it?

Firstly I will tell you I agree with you, things are not well at the club. But with my "Connections" to the club, I have already asked the questions, I got some answers I was happy with, and others I was not. I then I asked the some more questions over the last weekend and got some more interesting answers.

Now I wont tell you what most of those questions or answers were because, I am not going to write them down but I have been able to tell a few people, and that information I think provides the light at the end of the tunnel.

Either way as I have said, I think it is a poor option. To "Protest" the teams form or effort by not turning up. Especially if you don't have to take extreme measures to get to the stadium week in week out. To be honest i don't see how anyone can do it.

I think that the players are trying, but I think the game plan and style of play is not working. I think it leads to not utilising our skills. But If your evidence of them not trying is that they haven't beaten people you or the critics think they should then I can't say much more than it is your opinion.

Now Suity you have read a draft of the report. The Report is about the clubs actually interaction with the fans and not about how the side is going. I am quite sure the club itself knows what is happening, and I am sure they will take appropriate action to rectify it.

TheRam

Coach
I never questioned anyone when it comes to supporting the club. What I do question is how somebody could threaten to support the club less because they are having a tough trot.

Protesting about unprofessional dimwits running our club is not supporting the club less. :crazy:

TheRam

Coach
Heart on the sleeve stuff BBE. You should channel that passion AND SUPPORT YOUR TEAM !

Maybe you should channel your passion and go and support a politician. Same result...a million promises but what you get is...a big fat NOTHING!!!!

Suitman

Post Whore
See this level of Frustration, this Angst, this powerlessness is the bigger problem for you isn't it?

Firstly I will tell you I agree with you, things are not well at the club. But with my "Connections" to the club, I have already asked the questions, I got some answers I was happy with, and others I was not. I then I asked the some more questions over the last weekend and got some more interesting answers.

Now I wont tell you what most of those questions or answers were because, I am not going to write them down but I have been able to tell a few people, and that information I think provides the light at the end of the tunnel.

Either way as I have said, I think it is a poor option. To "Protest" the teams form or effort by not turning up. Especially if you don't have to take extreme measures to get to the stadium week in week out. To be honest i don't see how anyone can do it.

I think that the players are trying, but I think the game plan and style of play is not working. I think it leads to not utilising our skills. But If your evidence of them not trying is that they haven't beaten people you or the critics think they should then I can't say much more than it is your opinion.

Now Suity you have read a draft of the report. The Report is about the clubs actually interaction with the fans and not about how the side is going. I am quite sure the club itself knows what is happening, and I am sure they will take appropriate action to rectify it.

MITS, thanks for the reply. Nicely worded.
As I have told you privately before, you get inside information that most of the rest of us don't.
I know you're not able to divulge a lot of that, but sometimes, the way you withold it, your comments come across as nothing short of smugness.

Maybe sometimes, you could express yourself a little better, so more of us could appreciate where you are coming from.

Otherwise, thanks for the info.

Suity

big boppa eel

Juniors

Powerless, angst, frustration, frustration yes but give me a break on the "Powerless" and "Angst" your are not saving the world MITS you just have a bit of insided knowledge on our football club that others dont, you appear to be puffed up with self importance, not need for that approach I think your better than that.

Last edited:

chef

Juniors
This is again the fickle nature of Parramatta supporters. If you want to do something figure out how to then do it.

I've been trying fella, hence my posts a while back suggesting utilising the local media, direct action etc...

I have no doubt they are a barometer, no one is saying they do not have cause to be aggrieved, just that their cause of action is highly fallible.

Just to clear this up, I was implying yourself, Ant and Gronk were the self appointed barometers, not the 'pro-boycott' posters...

Honestly, the Wollpack.

What's wrong with the Wooly MITS, oh that's right you're not keen on change so the 'up-market' reno's must have put you off...

or would you prefer I spent more time in the leagues club, eh!

We should storm the Footy Show on Thursday night and demand Hagan is sacked. That's using the local media!

Then, we should all get our "Sack Hagan" signs and cover Parra Stadium with them against the Cowboys.

Then, we should kidnap Jim Dymock are force him at gunpoint to sign with us as Coach.

Then, we should win a Premiership.

Problem solved.

What's wrong with the Wooly MITS, oh that's right you're not keen on change so the 'up-market' reno's must have put you off...

or would you prefer I spent more time in the leagues club, eh!

Nah I always thought the woolpack was a bit of a dive, but if they have renovated it I might have to have a look. Personally I love change, I love how things improve and get better.

Last edited:
MITS, thanks for the reply. Nicely worded.
As I have told you privately before, you get inside information that most of the rest of us don't.
I know you're not able to divulge a lot of that, but sometimes, the way you withold it, your comments come across as nothing short of smugness.

Maybe sometimes, you could express yourself a little better, so more of us could appreciate where you are coming from.

Otherwise, thanks for the info.

Suity

Powerless, angst, frustration, frustration yes but give me a break on the "Powerless" and "Angst" your are not saving the world MITS you just have a bit of insided knowledge on our football club that others dont, you appear to be puffed up with self importance, not need for that approach I think your better than that.

Maybe I could express it better, But I can tell you it is not smugness or self importance. I would love to be able to outright write what I know but I just can't. I would love to not be one of the few that knows, I would love to tell everyone outright, but we also have to consider the medium we are using, its semi permanent nature, and who we know are reading and that is not just the fans of the club. So if I try to tip you into something and you can't follow it. Sorry if that appears smug to you.

But back to the root of my protests. I have said previously in this thread that a boycott would be a workable form of protest if you still turned up to be just outside the ground. It would illustrate a point. That you could be in the ground if something else was done.

I have been thinking on this in the last few days. I would think the better form of protest would be Black Flags.

Follow me on this one. People still go to the game, they walk in the gates, the watch the game. But when the ground announcer starts and asked you to wave your flags. Instead of the Parramatta Eels flag you have , you wave an equal size black piece of material.

It is a silent protest, it is a great visual statement if you get a large number doing it, that the cameras must pick up if they try to get a crowd shot. Then have someone tip the media into why it is being done.

This way you are not severing ties with the club, you are not part of the fickle supporter base. You are not cutting off your nose to spite your face in terms of the clubs future. But you are making a statement.

If anything I think it would reinforce the decision I think that has already been made.

Gronk

Staff member
Maybe I could express it better, But I can tell you it is not smugness or self importance. I would love to be able to outright write what I know but I just can't. I would love to not be one of the few that knows, I would love to tell everyone outright, but we also have to consider the medium we are using, its semi permanent nature, and who we know are reading and that is not just the fans of the club. So if I try to tip you into something and you can't follow it. Sorry if that appears smug to you.

But back to the root of my protests. I have said previously in this thread that a boycott would be a workable form of protest if you still turned up to be just outside the ground. It would illustrate a point. That you could be in the ground if something else was done.

I have been thinking on this in the last few days. I would think the better form of protest would be Black Flags.

Follow me on this one. People still go to the game, they walk in the gates, the watch the game. But when the ground announcer starts and asked you to wave your flags. Instead of the Parramatta Eels flag you have , you wave an equal size black piece of material.

It is a silent protest, it is a great visual statement if you get a large number doing it, that the cameras must pick up if they try to get a crowd shot. Then have someone tip the media into why it is being done.

This way you are not severing ties with the club, you are not part of the fickle supporter base. You are not cutting off your nose to spite your face in terms of the clubs future. But you are making a statement.

If anything I think it would reinforce the decision I think that has already been made.

Half a dozen black flags in a group would be enough for the Telecrap to put you on the back page next day. People here go off deluxe when Fitzy gets us in the press for all the wrong reasons and worry about damage to sponsors etc. This just reeks of hypocrisy.

Latest posts