What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

vs Bulldogs Rd 18 2024

nswarrior

Juniors
On reflection the most disappointing part of the game for me wasn’t the ref but CHT throwing that no look pass on Zero tackle while on a break with Montoya wide open and he had the time to look and throw a normal pass.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Don’t attack the messenger here lads, but this is what I suspect Analsleeve will come out with tomorrow morning

Bunker can only intervene if it is an incident that could be put on report, and the collision was a head clash, so they don’t have any grounds to intervene. I see the weak gutted dogs jaw is broken in 2 places
Ok and I'm not shooting the messenger, because you're only saying how Annersley will view it.

But how would a late shot that makes contact with the head, even if it is head on head, not be reportable?

I reckon if TMM goes down with blood in his mouth and a broken jaw, it's a penalty.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
On reflection the most disappointing part of the game for me wasn’t the ref but CHT throwing that no look pass on Zero tackle while on a break with Montoya wide open and he had the time to look and throw a normal pass.
Yeah, that was mud. He realised it straight away, to be fair.

I really think our lack of pace is a major issue. I think I read the stat that we have the highest % of tries through the middle, which maybe speaks to the fact we have some big boppers in the middle and we play direct, but also that DWZ hasn't hit the heights of last year and we really have no pace to put guys into gaps or for them to run around their opposites.

Montoya is slow. RTS has lost his pace. Pompey is glacial slow. CNK is explosive but his top end speed isn't high. CHT has some pace but TMM is quick in his mind but not his feet. Berry isn't particularly quick. Then I see these guys from the top sides, and they have at least one or two guys with lightning pace. That chase back on the Burton intercept laid it bare for me, only CHT could get near him or Xerri (who I know is quick and works with Roger Fabri). It's a big concern, for mine, and one we need to address. Hopefully that exists in the lower levels.

hitro

Juniors
Well it was a pretty exciting game against a form side, apart from the feeling of inevitable golden point and Matt Burton the difference. I hope they have been and going to be doing heaps of drop goal practice and what about this for an idea, Wade dummies to Chanel and then passes the other way to Capewell.
Also Pompey cannot convert from the right sideline but Chanel can on account of being right and left footers respectively.
Err, so win every game from now is it?

Big Marn

Bench
i was thinking if montoya had had his wits about him, he should have barreled into somebody with his head and gone off for an HIA. Then we could have had Taine on as the 18th man. J/ks. kinda...

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
i was thinking if montoya had had his wits about him, he should have barreled into somebody with his head and gone off for an HIA. Then we could have had Taine on as the 18th man. J/ks. kinda...
Yeah I was thinking it might have actually been worth someone faking an HIA, and Monty needed to go off anyway as he was already injured. But it’s probably a bit of a rabbithole you don’t need to go down…

Meth

Staff member

so bad

vvvrulz

Coach
Annesley can’t say a thing now, Weak Gutted Dog is being suspended for that shot

Makes it even more of a joke that he got away absolutely scot-free on the park.

I don't often yap on about refs, but ffs that was the biggest robbery since Kalyn stole the Dally M.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal

I don't often yap on about refs, but ffs that was the biggest robbery since Kalyn stole the Dally M.
He’ll get away scott free anyway, he’s out injured for six weeks so the suspension is meaningless.

sup42

Juniors
How unlucky was Halasima. One of the best Wahs debuts ever.
He won't mind though hey, he would be one of if not the only player who came away not feeling disappointed.
We have another player that will make just as much impact in Lennox Tuiloma. When Leka is hitting his stride at twenty years of age we will be unleashing and eighteen year old Lennox on the NRL.

Things are looking very bright for the club, a number of our sixteen year olds are genuine future stars.

Do you guys recon Webster should pull the trigger and go all in on his young guns now so that our depth for next year is fully covered?

Is it time to go all in and take risks and change this miserableness season into a rebuild story?

One advantage of doing that is the bandwagon fans of this era are actually really well informed on the team and they would get behind it and we would probably not lose any if they had a reason to buy into a changed narrative "Baby Warriors take on the NRL"

I get refs make mistakes and miss things on the field, can have view blocked, not looking in the direct, but the bunker has apparently every camera angle and plenty of time to review everything going on and said nothing about a reportable offence.

TMM legs have been taken before and nothing done by bunker.
They really do want guys lying down to get penalties, it seems to be the only way!

Did Martin go down at all? If not he should've learnt something from Lodge a couple of years ago. 'In front of the sticks, scores level, look hurt'.
No and he didn't last time bunker ignored his legs been take after the kick.
Time to take a dive like everyone else to earn a penalty

nswarrior

Juniors
He won't mind though hey, he would be one of if not the only player who came away not feeling disappointed.
We have another player that will make just as much impact in Lennox Tuiloma. When Leka is hitting his stride at twenty years of age we will be unleashing and eighteen year old Lennox on the NRL.

Things are looking very bright for the club, a number of our sixteen year olds are genuine future stars.

Do you guys recon Webster should pull the trigger and go all in on his young guns now so that our depth for next year is fully covered?

Is it time to go all in and take risks and change this miserableness season into a rebuild story?

One advantage of doing that is the bandwagon fans of this era are actually really well informed on the team and they would get behind it and we would probably not lose any if they had a reason to buy into a changed narrative "Baby Warriors take on the NRL"

I don’t think the season is over yet, but Webster needs to give some of the youngsters more game time. Halasima was brilliant and should get more game time. Apart from him I haven’t seen anyone else who really stands out. Ale, Sif**kula and Laban look like good depth cover at this stage but not an upgrade on those we already have.