What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

vs Bulldogs Rd 18 2024

Meth

Staff member
burton was 40 out. Well within his range. If no charge down the game may have ended earlier, or he may have missed it. Ford was desperately unlucky not to recover the ball. The bounce of the ball favoured the dogs unfortunately.

Yeah, again, from memory, he wasn't straight in front?

It happened against the Storm as well and I questioned it then. Put pressure on the kicker, sure...I'm just not sold on the charge down. I feel like it pretty much never works out well for the defender.

Big Marn

Bench

It happened against the Storm as well and I questioned it then. Put pressure on the kicker, sure...I'm just not sold on the charge down. I feel like it pretty much never works out well for the defender.
He was straight in front. Ford put himself between burton and the posts

Penrose Warrior

First Grade

Surely you have to charge a droppie? General kicks, I tend to agree, but I can't see that you'd live with yourself if you waved through a successful field goal. Mahoney got a hand to a CHT one that might have gone through

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Hahaha Ford has no hope redeeming himself in your eyes. This is an amazing take for a guy who just chased a ball.

Amazing take? I wasn't even having a dig, he literally knocked on and gave them the ball back and then they won the game. This was after the charge down, which I didn't have a problem with. If anything I was trying to put a bit of a positive spin on what turned out to be a fatal error.

Last edited:

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Amazing take? I wasn't even having a dig, he literally knocked on and gave them the ball back and then they won the game. This was after the charge down, which I didn't have a problem with. If anything I was trying to put a bit of a positive spin on what turned out to be a fatal error.
More so the language about it encompassing him as a player. Im largely kidding, I do think the Meth/MV disdain for Ford is pretty funny

Matua

Bench
The owner of the Warriors needs to put out one of his famous tweets, the NRL is powerless to fine him.

If the Warriors miss the 8 by 2 pionts ( highly likely) that'll be the time for Webster to go nuclear, I'm not a Warriors fan but you guys get shocking calls every week. I honestly think it's because the refs know that if they make a bad call against the Warriors they won't feel any heat from across the ditch, so every 50/50 calls against the Warriors.

The Warriors have the team to be top 4...but for some reason are sitting 14th. It's hard to win games when you're playing against 14 men :D
Can't agree with this. We're 14th because we aren't going very well this year regardless of the standard of reffing. We play a style based on small men that isn't working his year but worked perfectly last year. Not helped by our legend players (SJ, Tohu) being broken and effectively hampering our progress at times. (And even with all that said we're not too far outside the 8 so can turn it around).

I don't think this is even the worst year we've copped calls - was horrible back in the day when we were getting 70/30 calls going against us.

vvvrulz

Coach
Though I don't agree refs weren't an influence this year, the Bulldogs "no penalty" and Dallin's non-penalty try against the Titans were cock ups that are two straight examples that cost us four points.

I don't think we were overly great this year, but we're better than 14th.

Though I don't agree refs weren't an influence this year, the Bulldogs "no penalty" and Dallin's non-penalty try against the Titans were cock ups that are two straight examples that cost us four points.

I don't think we were overly great this year, but we're better than 14th.
Montoya try against Storm overturn by bunker when called a try and no referral by ref to bunker.
DWZ tackled in air over try line vs Knights called no penalty try or even professional foul.

Not costly but inconsistent, Ford no try against Titans by bunker when week before Lomax given try for same exact reason (no separation) Lomax try justified by Annesley. Personally neither should be tries.

Maybe a continually running thread to add to at the end of each game.

Refs I get make mistakes, but the bunker has all the camera angles and multiple people in there.

I'm still confused - Salmon is suspended for two games for dangerous contact, but Annesley says that is because it was a late hit, not high. But Salmon's head makes contact with TMM's, how is that not high contact? Surely contact is contact no matter how you initiate it?

Either way, it was a woeful call. Annersley says Gee made the error because he was looking at high contact, not the lateness. Yeezus, refs can't even walk and chew gum. I saw both and I'd been drinking
No audio is very incriminating in my opinion, at least you heard Badger making shit up as she put RTS in the bin.
In the limited angles they willing to show, Salmons head disappears directly behind TMMs head. And they both come out with a head knock and broken jaw, so it wasn't TMMs shoulder breaking his jaw now was it dip shits?

Any consequences for the ref?

Dropped to ref out next game against the Titans?

I hear the praising of Gee from certain corners for letting the game flow.
I don't subscribe to this. If anyone breaks the rules in any part of the game, Penalize it as the law states.
Putting the whistle away in extra time or Origin just opens up grubby plays.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
No audio is very incriminating in my opinion, at least you heard Badger making shit up as she put RTS in the bin.
In the limited angles they willing to show, Salmons head disappears directly behind TMMs head. And they both come out with a head knock and broken jaw, so it wasn't TMMs shoulder breaking his jaw now was it dip shits?

Any consequences for the ref?

Dropped to ref out next game against the Titans?
Turns out it was actually the shoulder that did his jaw, angle I hadn’t seen before on 360 last night

69648F61-3AED-477F-8175-C8F19212CCE5.jpeg

Meth

Staff member
I hear the praising of Gee from certain corners for letting the game flow.
I don't subscribe to this. If anyone breaks the rules in any part of the game, Penalize it as the law states.
Putting the whistle away in extra time or Origin just opens up grubby plays.

Which game is Gee being praised for letting the game flow in? Last year's GF?

Latest posts