What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vs Bulldogs

JJ

Immortal
Second half was pretty good, Townsend took control and they elimated the dropsies until Lisone's at the end...

I dunno, but Allwood has looked pretty decent, why has he not had a game at centre/?

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
8 straight losses to end the season. 13th, one win off the spoon. 2nd worst attack in the comp - there's your really alarming stat. 6th worst defence too.

WithTheDawn

Juniors
Pretty happy with the game in the end, pity we couldn't hold on. Could feel that coming though, as U.S. warriors fans always can. Good to see the effort and watch a game that was more enjoyable than any we have played recently. The boys can hold their heads up for that second half, where the hell has that been? Two quick tries (which started with an absolutely embarrassing penalty call from the refs against Peyroux) proved too much, but the balls really digged deep and played well. Not sure where that has been the last few months.

Still, overall a very disappointing season, yet again. High hopes and expectations next year from many, but I'll just be happy to crack the 8 for once...

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Second half was pretty good, Townsend took control and they elimated the dropsies until Lisone's at the end...

I dunno, but Allwood has looked pretty decent, why has he not had a game at centre/?

Because we pick crap teams. Lolo has to be in our 13 next year and I hope it's at centre.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
I have concerns for Hurrell next year. If he can't make this team on an 8 game losing streak how the hell will he get in round 1? Can see an off season move to union on the cards

I have concerns for Hurrell next year. If he can't make this team on an 8 game losing streak how the hell will he get in round 1? Can see an off season move to union on the cards

Hurrell had to be dropped to do with late night rap she?
But wasn't Dom there as well?

Wonder if Manu was at the movies this week?

Blair

Coach
He probably would of made it in the under 20s
But he has had 24 games to know its different in the top grade.

Yep, hit and miss season for the rookie. Twelve tries though, eleven after round sixteen. A few tries let in as well though.

Obviously he needs a good coach.

Last edited:

WithTheDawn

Juniors
He probably would of made it in the under 20s
But he has had 24 games to know its different in the top grade.

Seconds to go and last tackle, I don't blame him for backing himself. Was actually hoping he would when he got the ball. If the first contact wasn't so good, he could have launched himself in the air and may have had a chance. Pity Lino couldn't do more beforehand, would have been a magic finish.

Scorpio30

Bench
The timing is out in everything the Warriors do...truly painful to watch....and the ref's gave us nothing in the rucks today...Peyroux penalty included!

Blair

Coach
Any word on why Campion was in the coach's box? Was it just a friendly visit from a former hardman of the Warriors pack?

Last edited:

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
8 straight losses to end the season. 13th, one win off the spoon. 2nd worst attack in the comp - there's your really alarming stat. 6th worst defence too.

I'm not that alarmed about the shithouse attack because thats simply down to Johnson's absence- with him we were running second best at one point. Defence is more of a worry IMO.

Cold Roses

Juniors
Defence is more of a worry IMO.

Line speed was significantly improved today at least. Edge defence looked better with Allwood I thought.

Giving away that Dummy Half try was just pathetic though. We never learn.

On attack we seem to have developed 'Gallen-itis' Too many forwards with their hands on the ball late in the tackle count in the opposition 20. Should be going straight to the playmakers when we're that close to the line. Just look at the 2 tries by Tui.

TheDMC

Bench
Good effort by the team today, Vete was great. I'm feeling optimistic about next season. These rookies will be great next year with this exposure to NRL and some quality off season coachi...stop.

Rich102

Staff member
All credit to the coach. What a masterplan. Every time we run the ball we go to the left. Brilliant!

JJ

Immortal
He does seem to have some serious man-lub for Kata...

I'm really puzzled by Allwood, he looks fine whenever he plays - and reputedly he's a centre, so given the diabiolical defensive abilities shown by all of Hurrell, Kata, Peyroux and Fusitua I'm not clear on why he never got a run there

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Given we condeded 50 points the two weeks before, I'm happy with this result.
Just need to hold onto the ball and we woulda won the game.
Lino, should have scored that one!
I think I remember seeing a completion stat of around 50% after 18 or so sets. That will kill you.

ozenzud

Juniors
I haven't missed many games in the last 4-5 years. Less than 3 i'd reckon. And two of those were in the last 3 weeks.

I sat down and watched that game, determined not to get too riled. Just watch and look at what might happen next year. After about 15 minutes I was screaming at Ashley Klien. What a one sided, biased reffing effort. Yes, we should be pretty used to it, but seriously. The difference in the way he reffed the rucks was comical.

The Peroux penalty and then him wanting to penalize Thompson, when he dived on that ball and the bulldog player had his knee on his back....i.e. you are held. Half the passes...well a lot of passes close to the ruck from the bulldogs were forward. None picked up. Left an even more bitter taste in the mouth for the next 6 months.