What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vs Manly rd24

sup42

Juniors
Dude… just no
Extrapolate. I constructed an argument after that dude said Manly had no had Refs calls.
It grinds my gears a Manly fan calls for Ref calls and gives no credit to the Warriors for pushing Manly....bugger off I say.

That argument I took him to task for was ridiculous.

I get he is a regular, but I aint smoking that pipe or taking the jibes lying down because bottom line he is not a Warriors fan so....bugger off in a Warriors forum when we are playing against his beloved team.

Identify bias and call it out in your own forum or take it up the ask.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
If the Warriors keep playing the way you were complaining about the territory will not even up because the half you moaned about was engineered and built off Warriors sweat and hard work rather than the Reff.

Weird you hang around the Warriors forum as a Manly supporter. What is that about?

Silvertails have an active forum right? would have thought you would be there on game day?

If you are Kiwi and chose a strong Aussie club over the rank outsider NZ franchise then I say you have no clue about NZ culture of underdog status and flag first over foreigners.

Hey it is a free country and sell outs are a reality of the NZ rugby league comp, if we were talking Union no NZder would get a pass for choosing another country over the locals coz in Union speak that would frankly be a dick move.

If this was the Olympics and you were backing Australia well.....I need not spell out the reality of NZ fans who go against their local team in that context coz none do.

Strangely in Rugby league we see the only NZ turncoats in any sport this country plays. This is linked to class and anti Auckland sentiment and other bogus politic reasons for turning your back on the only local team in an Australian comp.

But enjoy your life being a traitor and ghosting your countries forum as a non Warriors fan, must be nice nit picking the Warriors from the pov of backing a team that has Aussie entitlements. Perhaps one day you will be granted citizenship and singing advance Australia fair.
Lol, that’s a hell of an edit, tbh I won’t bother with it, but I could offer you a tin foil hat …

sup42

Juniors
It’s embarrassing how many players are on report in this game for nothing, and barely any have been penalties
You mean because they are Manly players.

Have you watched the Warriors get hit in the head these last two years without reports being used?

sup42

Juniors
And a braindead idiot, only thing looming from that was a suspension ! Game was done so absolutely no need
And I could email you the words to Advance Australia fair.

Onya Cobber up up Warringah your league team....yeah you have to laugh at your opinions on the Warriors eh. Given you are not even a Warriors supporter.

Given that truth what is your contribution to the Warriors discussion, honest question?

We need more critics with no buy in to the club?

Mate our own fans are their harshest critics what is your specific interest/role?

Last edited:

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
You mean because they are Manly players.

Have you watched the Warriors get hit in the head these last two years without reports being used?
Nope, talking about the 4 Warriors on report as well that have nothing to worry about

Let’s not continue to derail this thread, I will stop replying, apologies to all if has been a tough read, rich feel free to remove anything that ruins the flow

sup42

Juniors
Nope, talking about the 4 Warriors on report as well that have nothing to worry about

Let’s not continue to derail this thread, I will stop replying, apologies to all if has been a tough read, rich feel free to remove anything that ruins the flow
I dont think a fan of the Warriors arguing with a Manly fan in a game day thread is off topic do you?

Lets not back away from owning our positions, frankly I am a staunch supporter of my club, clearly you are of yours, surely then we can argue in a game day thread without that being called censured or off topic, by definition a Warriors fan taking a Manly fan to task in a Warriors game day thread is on topic.

From my pov all I have done is to call you out as an outsider in a Warriors game day thread because you are an outsider when your club plays mine. Speaking to truth in other words.

Last edited:

Big Marn

Bench
I dont think a fan of the Warriors arguing with a Manly fan in a game day thread is off topic do you?

Lets not back away from owning our positions, frankly I am a staunch supporter of my club, clearly you are of yours, surely then we can argue in a game day thread without that being called censured or off topic, by definition a Warriors fan taking a Manly fan to task in a Warriors game day thread is on topic.

From my pov all I have done is to call you out as an outsider in a game day thread when your club plays mine. Speaking to truth in other words.
dude you need relax abit :). I have plenty of friends where mum supports one team and dad supports the other depending on where they were raised. Does that make each of them outsiders ? i have people in my own workplace who are Broncos and Storm supporters. Does that make them outsiders to me? Of course not. Everyone is welcome on this forum and a bit of ribbing during a game is par for the course. We also used to have a resident Sharks supporter who enjoyed our forum. Havent seen him on in awhile.

sup42

Juniors
dude you need relax abit :). I have plenty of friends where mum supports one team and dad supports the other depending on where they were raised. Does that make each of them outsiders ? i have people in my own workplace who are Broncos and Storm supporters. Does that make them outsiders to me? Of course not. Everyone is welcome on this foruAm and a bit of ribbing during a game is par for the course. We also used to have a resident Sharks supporter who enjoyed our forum. Havent seen him on in awhile.
Fair call I get that about many Kiwi fans supporting other teams.

Thing is though those who you speak of are not in the Warriors game day thread picking apart the Warriors in this forum are they?

End of.

You people perhaps need to ask why the one foreign kiwi in this forum gets a pass without challenge when our team plays his club. The way I was raised is that is an invitation to represent your team against the Kiwi that backs an Aussie team. For me it is simple, back the Warriors or GTFO on my ground internet included.

The way I was raised is to say bugger that, this is our house,when a Kiwi for the opposition posts in your house say something, dont be a lame ass and take it coz you like the guy , Call them out and have no shame about it.
Bugger off with that stuff eh.

This Manly guy in here has a lot of good to say about NRL topics in general but in a Manly vs Warriors thread he is hardly a neutral and therefore is someone people like me will go over anything pro Manly in my forum on my game day because I am a Warriors fan.

Last edited:
Nice first set 51m.

Held Manly to 27m in theirs.

CNK hit high on kick return, blood flowing from nose, penalty only as its a Warriors player, shoulder clearly to nose with force.

6 again off penalty as Manly ruck infringement.

SJ end of set dribble kick taken by Manly.

6 again for ruck infringement by Manly.

Walker no look pass to ground and Manly regather, was it for AFB who changed his line?

Our attack is shit, it can't reload after 1 set structured play and doesn't know what it is doing.

DCE nails a 40/20.

6 again for Manly, to long in ruck.

6 again for Manly Walker to long in ruck.

Saab goes in out wide, Montoya sliding past him.

So all the possession, 10mins of dominace in field possession.

4-0 11mins

Saab with a break down short side with Montoya at marker. Brooks kick luckly goes out with everyone over running it.

RTS gets taken out on our 40m.

Ref missing high shots on both sides, Barnett missed and now BT from Manly.

Manly get a penalty for unknown reason.

6 more Warriors inside the 10m.

Turbo loses it trying to play the ball to fast. (Lucky there)

Manly inside the 10m and penalised. SJ take his time with the kick.

Pompey scores.

Some nice movement in set building up to it.

OK, Capewell stops in line. It's a try if you are Storm, but NOT Warriors.

Turbo loses ball In tackle.

DCE penalised for leg lifting tackle after held.

AFB offloads to SJ to score, maybe waiting for bunker to overturn.

4-4 21mins shocking conversion attempt.

Niukore rushes out of the line and creates the gap for Manly to run thru with nice inside ball by Brooks pulling SJ with him, for Turbo to score.

10-4 23mins

Saab break down short side kick and lucky it goes out.

DWZ earns a penalty after Manly keep going after held call.

CNK Passing off the ground? Jazz finishes it with a grubber to force dropout.

Manly regather after Saab interfere with jumper, but apparently going for ball.

Manly knock ball on out wide on their 35m.

Lussick with a forward pass from scrum But not called. No support with Lussick on offload.

SJ grubber again to short!!!

Manly knocks on 20m out, the 2 passes later Warriors Knock on, scrum of first knock on.

6 more off the scrum.

6 again as inside the 10m.

DWZ sweep play finally works to score.

Lussick from dummy half did well to change direction.

10-10 35mins. Great sideline conversion

Another high shot missed by Manly going on report.

Messy end to set, chip bomb knocked back by RTS, then DWZ grubber for Lussick, DCE gets a boot to it when Lussick diving for it and he knocks it on.

SJ knocks ball on thru the hands 10m out.

Jazz comes out of line and Niukore doesn't work hard from inside and Turbo turned back inside.

Manly allowed to flop to force DWZ in goal.

SJ dropout goes to Manly 30m.

Halftime.

Metcalf not square apparently, horse shit call.

Manly put ball down again on our 30m.

6 again, Manly Inside the 10m.

Jazz loses the ball 5m out trying to play it to fast.

Manly done for a downtown penalty, like Storm last night. Don't take the gift 2 points.

SJ throws pass st Capewells knees who knocks it on 10m out.

Warriors inside the 10m after pinning Manly inside their 5m and penalised.

Great kick by DCE To Garrick to out jump and time Montoya to score as rain comes down.

16-10 54mins

Manly player stays down, nothing in replay, but penalty for apparent crusher as he fell into player. Yet Nothing for CNK last week

DCE grubber and CNK regathered and slide out by DCE 5m out.

Manly drops ball 5m out.

Lighting starting.

SJ kick long goes dead, 7 tackles for Manly.

So Manly centre out of play and we go for kick instead of run.

Walker gets 1 on 1 strip 30m out.

6 again for Manly ruck infringement.

6 again for offside.

Then 6 again for same reason and no warning for Manly. SJ puts ball down.

DWZ knock on SJ bomb and trys to sell the try.

Manly lose the ball again 25m out.

Metcalf loses ball in near same spot SJ did 10m out.

Pompey loses the ball 30m out from out try.

Sifakula apparent high shot missed on Turbo on report.

To easy for Manly going out wide and improving the position. Defense had no idea, SJ up, RTS back, DWZ infield, short on numbers.

22-10 69mins

Brooks drops the kickoff ingoal, dropout goes 55m, no Warriors there.

Metcalfe grubber easily taken by Turbo.

Manly falls into RTS and called high tackle.

DCE kick tapped back by Montoya and traped CNK in goal. Hip drop by Manly on CNK and penalised.

I love how they think we can score 12 points in 7 mins when we have scored 10 in 73mins.

DWZ wears a shoulder charge (and high?) from Brown, nothing but a penalty.

SJ goes to line and pass goes to ground, hit after pass, penalty last night, but not in a Warriors shirt!

Brown again with shoulder on Montoya, but this allowed.

CTH a kick on 2nd tackle, dumb.

Brown stays down after a crusher by CHT.

Manly takes the 2.

24-10 80mins

Fulltime

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
I welcome BH on this forum.

I don't think he's said anything nasty or untowards. I reckon he's called it pretty fair.

The fact he's here on a game day thread is fine by me too, he's here all the time so it's not like he's come on just to troll.

Does this mean we are now mathmatically out? I know realistically we've been out for a few weeks, but I guess now we can officially plan for next season

Fair call I get that about many Kiwi fans supporting other teams.

Thing is though those who you speak of are not in the Warriors game day thread picking apart the Warriors in this forum are they?

End of.

You people perhaps need to ask why the one foreign kiwi in this forum gets a pass without challenge when our team plays his club. The way I was raised is that is an invitation to represent your team against the Kiwi that backs an Aussie team. For me it is simple, back the Warriors or GTFO on my ground internet included.

The way I was raised is to say bugger that, this is our house,when a Kiwi for the opposition posts in your house say something, dont be a lame ass and take it coz you like the guy , Call them out and have no shame about it.
Bugger off with that stuff eh.

This Manly guy in here has a lot of good to say about NRL topics in general but in a Manly vs Warriors thread he is hardly a neutral and therefore is someone people like me will go over anything pro Manly in my forum on my game day because I am a Warriors fan.
With age comes wisdom.

The Warriors did not deserve the win tonight, got rough calls in context to last nights game, but Capewell obstructed for the disallowed try and it was the right call, but again does last night's games wrong make tonight's right if let go?
Must like SJ take after the ball passed like Hughes last night for the winning penalty.
It was wrong call last night. But we didn't get the consistency of the weekend.

Our defense when teams pinned in their 20m near A+
Our attack in teams 20m C- at best. To have 11mins of dominance and no points is so poor, I could see
Our defense between the 20m is poor, probably a C/C+, guys chasing out, others sliding, not working from markers near the edges, poor centre reads.
Our defense inside 20m out poor out wide C-, again guys doing different things and numbers not balancing, middle seems to hold ok probably a B there.

Rose coloured glasses have to come off in the cold light of day this year we are not good enough.
Injuries have not been kind to us.
Yes some games refs calls cost us as games that close this year.
But you still need to be able to defend your mistakes and theirs.
Our goal kicking had also cost us.
Our selection of injured player had cost us.
Our attacking game plan has cost us.
Our defense inside our 20m has cost us.

No captians challenges tonight? So players didn't feel anything went against them? (That they can challenge)

Last edited:
I welcome BH on this forum.

I don't think he's said anything nasty or untowards. I reckon he's called it pretty fair.

The fact he's here on a game day thread is fine by me too, he's here all the time so it's not like he's come on just to troll.

Does this mean we are now mathmatically out? I know realistically we've been out for a few weeks, but I guess now we can officially plan for next season
We needed to win all games and have everyone above us lose all theirs basically.
So we offically mathematical can't make it.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
I’m finding it really hard to rate our performances this season because there’s such a disconnect between how we play most of the time, and the outcome. Like, 80% of the playing time of any given game we do really well. Week after week you have CNK, RTS, DWZ, Montoya, AFB, Barnett etc making easy metres through the middle, and the forwards muscling up defensively. And yet, it’s almost become second nature for me to switch off when watching because that 80% of the game is totally redundant. You have guys running for 200m and I just really can’t say if they’ve played well or not, because it’s all for no real purpose. There’s no plan beyond ‘if we win the ruck and complete more sets we will win’. It’s like we’ve read a manual on basic rugby league strategy and taken it slightly too literally.

Latest posts