What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

vs Raiders

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
I'd hate to know what the culture of our joint is. If other clubs develop talent, those players generally go onto be good players. Us... I mean realistically the only one who has come through NYC who is consistently good is Ben Matulino. Johnson inconsistently is good, Hurrell is inconsistently good, Locke and Fisiiahi... I can't believe how badly they've gone over the past year or 2 between them. Fish scores 6 tries in a reserve grade game... can you imagine at a Manly or a Melbourne if a player came through with that sort of raw athletic ability that he wouldn't end up being the finished product? Even Russell Packer, that bloke was consistently tearing up with 150 to 230 metre games in NYC. He very rarely gets to 100m in first grade. From that first NYC team, Fai, Packer, Matulino and Locke were dead set certainties to be stars... obviously Fai ... well, lets not go there, but Packer and Locke have been duds.

NYC is a rubbish comp mate, only the genuine superstars can come out of there and into NRL and be up to it straight off.

Manly had a gun NYC team in 2009, Foran and Hopoate had the goods to play NRL straight off and that was it. Buhrer, Cherry-Evans, Lussick, Warea-Hargreaves etc were all sent for the beat part of a year to play QLD Cup, spent a year playing against men and were so much better off for it

Your mob really waste a good opportunity with the Vulcans imo. And it must be disheartening for the guys playing well in the Vulcans to overlooked for guys playing so bad. I hear there is a prop absolutely carving up for the Vulcans, how disheartening for him must it be to see an unfit, overweight Packer head straight back to NRL ahead of him (no disrespect to Packer there, he plays where he gets put)

No forwards over 100m by livenrlstats, Matulino closest with 97m
Raiders had 6!
Not much ya halves can do on the back of that!

Last edited:

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Only thing that bothers me more than the second half performance of both refs and Warriors is how little I actually cared.

Only had the chance to watch one full game so far this year. The only reason I have Foxtel is because of the league. Not sure why I'm wasting the money tbh, especially when the highlights are readily available online.

Scorpio30

Bench
The Warriors bringing the ball forward is comedy gold...it's amazing they were almost in a position to win it.

Scorpio30

Bench
I remember in the early days when the Warriors lost, I'd be upset for a couple of days....then that became one day...and in more recent times I might just simmer for 2 or 3 hours... But now I feel no emotion on a Warriors try nor on a Warriors conceded try.
Maybe I'm just getting old LOL

Mike0070

Juniors
I myskyed this shit tonight , just watched it now!!!

F** k me what a joke!! , complete waste of space - seriously how can they f**k that up

Get rid of the cu*ts who don't care - agree about mannering he is not the guy to lead us

F**k you Mateo , Lowrie, Rapira , ika and Henry - the shit you dished up tonight was pure school boy.

No point blaming the refs , they didn't make us drop our bundle in the last 20mins

LeagueNut

First Grade
coach Elliot - complete idiot for playin injured Manu - scored 2 tries but he just had to catch the ball - he couldnt do hitups
Yeah what happened there?? Manu took an early hitup and then played like he was made of glass for the rest of the match. That was before we lost Nielsen as well so with Tupou on the bench you'd think we could have replaced him.

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
I only saw the first half, lol and at that point they were looking pretty good.

Of course Im not happy about the losing at this point - however as long as the team are improving i will be reasonably happy.

I saw a bit more fluidity in attack and confident they are getting better.

I have long held that the style of football played at 20s level, along with the arrogance and short has really affected the club overall.

This year the club has changed that a bit, the likes of havili, laumape, Fusitua and now Vili Lolohea pushed up to play vulcans etc. training fulltime over summer.

We keep on doing this, Elliot will have plenty of top NRL ready talent to call up on.

In the meantime we probably need a few more signings like Lowrie - blokes who havent had their career handed on to them on a platter.

If rumours about Bukuya are true, he would be a good signing - he is better than lewis is playing atm and probably 1/3 price.

ps Packer might not be in perfect shape but we need more blokes like him and lowrie - agro and mentally tough

spear tackle

Juniors
Might I suggest an IQ test to be given to prospective signings? whith A,B,C type questions.
For example.
Q: the team is leading 16-4 with 20 odd minutes to go do you-
A. Concentrate on ball retention and work your way up the field and score some more points if opportunities present them selves.
B. Concentrate on ball retention and work your way up the field and score some more points if opportunities present themselves.
C.Go hell for leather, play offside,take a nap while on defence, forget about what the coach told you at halftime,drop the ball,throw stupid passes that even Billy Slater could'nt catch on his best days, remember we need that wooden spoon.

JoeD

First Grade
Of course Im not happy about the losing at this point - however as long as the team are improving i will be reasonably happy.
This is exactly what was so disappointing about last night. After make improvements in recent weeks we went backwards last night. It's like one step forward three steps back with this team.

We were just monstered out there last night. The raiders have plenty of size and used it. With Lawrie Mannering ikahihifo benry there's not a lot of dominating size there.

ozbash

Referee
Might I suggest an IQ test to be given to prospective signings? whith A,B,C type questions.
For example.
Q: the team is leading 16-4 with 20 odd minutes to go do you-
A. Concentrate on ball retention and work your way up the field and score some more points if opportunities present them selves.
B. Concentrate on ball retention and work your way up the field and score some more points if opportunities present themselves.
C.Go hell for leather, play offside,take a nap while on defence, forget about what the coach told you at halftime,drop the ball,throw stupid passes that even Billy Slater could'nt catch on his best days, remember we need that wooden spoon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dj3GH5myc3M

C

Iafeta

Referee
I agree on the lateral shift structures it is improving massively. I agree that it was good seeing a couple of offloads to Friend.

I guarantee that if someone collated stats on errors made by forwards by team, the Warriors would be at least 40% worse than any other team. This is the killer. It's the simple blunders that are crippling us. Each of their tries came off errors. Even their first came after sustained pressure. We had a chance to get he ball but Ngani fumbled. It's a pity because that kid is playing his heart out. The other I dare say we are the worst at is defusing bombs. I don't think I've seen Tupou successfully catch one on the full under pressure. Also his first up contact on the second to last try was lazy, pea hearted atrocious nonsense. Last week Locke didn't defuse a bomb and Burgess scores. Their three other tries came directly from errors.

We would easily have the worst completion rate in the comp. it's not so much errors which are forced, it's the basic tripe errors by our supremely overrated forward pack. Only Friend and Matulino are consistently doing their jobs in the forwards.

We need another prop who can cart it up 120m without weak errors to replace Rapira. And Bakuya a guy who can offload and break tackles is critical for our dud back row. Also if Fish is fair dinkum, if he starts performing this is his moment to overtake Locke who is no longer the agile speedster he once was. Rapra, both, Locke, Tupou, Manu all need to go. I'm skeptical on Mateo because last year his work rate was fairly good and at times he was a one man band trying to create opportunities. Lowrie, he's mud. Bad buy. Ikahihifo needs a lot of time in the Vulcans.

Latest posts