What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vs Tigers

Iafeta

Referee
That was utter trash from Manu. He's the direct cause of three tries... you could argue the other one was because we couldn't get the pill back after his first diddums error. Dreadful dreadful dreadful.

NZ Warrior

First Grade
Manu's mistakes clearly helped the Tigers win the game. But, it's not like he's gonna get dropped, plain and simple. He gets heavily targeted with kicks and his handling can be sloppy at times. But he also does a lot of work, bringing the ball back. I'm just saying, we'll have to live with the mistakes from time to time.

On a positive note, how good is Konrad Hurrell? He showed tonight, that he doesn't only have power, he also has football smarts, in timing his passes and backing himself. Yes, his D still needs work. But there is a helluva lot to like about him.

Micistm

Bench
Pissed off, and now bummed out for the weekend. ****!

I can handle losing, I ****ing hate it when we blow it by handing it on a plate. I don't usually like singling out players - But if Inu was dropped, Manu should be out for a game or two until he sorts his shit out. And then maybe not a winger anymore. As pointed out, his was the reason for the majority of the points.
No wonder Bluey has no hair.
Was getting shittier and shittier listening to Barnett say 'give the Tigers fair due...' **** that, we let em off the hook and back into the game.
And thanks for a lousy week now Warriors, bummed out right until after the next bye. I'm such a bad sport and in such a grump doubt I'll watch league again for the week

Iafeta

Referee
If Locke's back, I'm all for Manu spending a week in reserve grade. The first try was sheer laziness. He needed to get down. He didn't. He fumbled, and from that the avalanche of possession started. Disgraceful stuff.

Iafeta

Referee
Can they curate a ground that players can actually run on? That surface was a disgrace for the game. Its the reason Johnson and Fish and the like couldn't shine. No confidence. I must have seen players slip over at least a dozen times tonight. Sh*t im angry about that game for some reason. Moreso than the raiders and storm losses.

Got to agree with that, that ground looked like something you'd see served up at Westport or Ross or Rununga after three weeks of rain.

MKEB...

Staff member
I hate when we lose...I hate it more when we lose on a Friday night.
I dont fish think did to bad tonight, I thought a lot of the inside balls for him to run onto wer pretty well telegraphed for the defence, in saying that though I seen a couple of rather early tackles.

I dont know where Lewis picked up his niggle from, but has got to stop...I saw a couple chicken wing tackles in there.

We lost that game through a very discpline lacking second half, too many soft penalties. Do you really want to let the pressure off Benji and give him space?

Last edited:

Andrew78

Juniors
Manu needs to go back to NSW Cup and learn to be a forward. When Locke comes back they need to throw the Fish and his speed out on the wing.

We really miss Locke at the back with his kick defence and also his creativity in attack. Also how long to Michael Luck comes back?

There's enough points in the Warriors without the likes of the Manu's and Inu's who give up more than they produce. We have one of the youngest inexperienced teams in the comp and to have veteran guys costing us matches isn't really good enough, Bluey got to make a hard decision or two because if we keep playing like this every few weeks we'll miss the finals.

kos

Juniors
The Tigers forwards musled up surprisingly. Leichardt is an intimidating ground and is worth a few points to the Tigers. I thought it was an entertaining game. Benji outplayed Shaun. But you know what when you look at the age of most of our players we are only going to get better. I am not disappointed with the boys tonight. Good points about Manu , Inu got crucified for errors but manu does it every week. On the other side of the coin Taylor/ Tupou/ Henry/ Hurrell just keep on improving.. is that a positive from bluey caoching?

NZ Warrior

First Grade
I just can't see Manu getting dropped. And to be honest, I don't want him to be.

We can't move him into the forwards either, because we have backrowers coming out of our ears. It pisses me off too, when he has a bad game. But we just have to grit our teeth and put up with the Beast that is Manu.

Micistm

Bench
Got to agree with that, that ground looked like something you'd see served up at Westport or Ross or Rununga after three weeks of rain.

Lol, the week before the Warriors Newcastle Pike River charity game, the ground was submerged completely for two days...

Ugh, I'm not gonna sleep for ages, so frustrating. Time to boot up Wolfenstein and shoot germans

Andrew78

Juniors
Taylor, Henry, Topou and Hurrell are quite solid performance wise for young players. The Under 20's dynasty team is going to be in first grade for the Warriors for a while.

Auckland4ever

Juniors
Blame our attack more than anything else, coupled with a period of some outstanding kicking by Marshall. Another decent platform laid with more than enough metres & urgency up the middle, we should have made more of it. There's so much to like about Johnson, but he seems to kill the urgency of what we're doing at times by stopping and having a look at what's in front of him. Also, the ball gets passed repeatedly to Manu deep in our own half so he can be used as a battering ram where he regularly bends back the defensive line. So why are we not doing the same when the opposition are defending on their own tryline? Can't recall him being passed the ball once in this position all season. The slippery ground tonight would have made it all the more difficult to stop him. The Tigers ended up taking full advantage of the conditions, we didn't.

drago brelli

Bench
Drop Vatuvai. How many chances does he have to be given? Fishiashii on the wing and Locke to fullback. He hasc the worst hands in the NRL.

Also, the ball gets passed repeatedly to Manu deep in our own half so he can be used as a battering ram where he regularly bends back the defensive line. So why are we not doing the same when the opposition are defending on their own tryline? Can't recall him being passed the ball once in this position all season. The slippery ground tonight would have made it all the more difficult to stop him.

Yeah because he needs to be on the wing keeping the defensive line stretched. Unforunately while he plays as a winger, this is not an option.

Aragorn

First Grade
Vatuvei and those basic school boy errors.... couldn't catch a bomb, pick up grubber kicks or tackle a guy half his size tonight.... he's more error prone than Inu...

Auckland4ever

Juniors
Yeah because he needs to be on the wing keeping the defensive line stretched. Unforunately while he plays as a winger, this is not an option.

I probably didn't word it well, didn't mean that he should be used as a battering ram in the middle of the park when we're deep in the other teams half. He's at his most dangerous when on the wing and running at the opponents tryline. It should be a regular option to work him onto the end of a backline play, but all they want to do in this regard is cross kick to him.

Last edited:
Something positive though regarding our defence. Both Tupou and Manu made a very good up and in today, which is no big deal, unless you're a Warriors fan. Bluey probably drilled them for the Tigs trying to go around them. Hurrel did a good one too if I recall correctly.