What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vulcan 2011 Awards

what ever

Juniors
At the Auckland Rugby League's Annual Awards Dinner held at Mt Smart last night the follwing players were honoured.

Player of the Year Mataupu Poching

Runner Up Darin Kingi

Rookie of the Year Willie Peace

In addition two specisl awards were presented to Pita Godinet & Mataupu Poching for playing 50 games in the NSW Cup.

Quoted from Auckland vulcans website

ozbash

Referee
good stuff.

hopefully, next year they will have the NSWRL games at Mt Smart, the same day the Warriors play.

_addict

Juniors
good stuff.

hopefully, next year they will have the NSWRL games at Mt Smart, the same day the Warriors play.
Given that the two competitions are not on a regular home/away cycle and that the NSWC does not field the Queensland side, nor are there teams associated with all the NSW NRL teams, it's improbable. We'll continue to have to take whatever fortuitous scheduling comes our way.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Well done to all.

Poching not re-signed? Kingi not signed, despite maori_mean_maori's suggestions?

Godinet at fullback?

Rich102

Staff member
An interesting article in the latest RLW:
"Krisnan Inu has taken drastic action in a bid to regain his top-grade spot for the Warriors. Dropped to NSW Cup with the Vulcans after some indifferent form, Inu, normally a winger or centre, has moved to the halves.
It has been good for him to play some footy closer to the action, Vulcans coach Richie Blackmore explains."

Last week he certainly wasn't in the halves. He was wandering around at centre.
Anyone been aware of him playing in the halves?

devoid

Juniors
:lol:

Surely that is just an example of the current sub-standard of journalism that pervades the league world.

what ever

Juniors
Have really enjoyed watching the vulcan games this year, and the supporters are great too. Have watched all of the players form and agree with their selection, although i will say I was a little bit surprised with Upu getting his one. But he is always a quiet achiever in the team, and i would say that about Latimore and John as well. Darrin congrats, and Willie you the man!. Love watching your style, don't change it is great for us armchair supporters. Also I will have to congratulate the coaching staff, they look like they are enjoying it as much as the players. Cheers.

what ever

Juniors
i just read what i wrote above.... in my statement it sounds like i also meant that Latimore and co should of been picked. No I just meant.... that Upu does alot of work but because it is normal you just don't witt noticing it. He was deserving of the nomination.... taking foot out of mouth lol

_addict

Juniors
[FONT=Arial,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Round 24 [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Sat 20 Aug 2011[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Campbelltown Sports [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Stadium [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Canterbury Bankstown [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]vs Auckland Vulcans 15:00 The Crest Stadium [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Bulldogs[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,sans-serif][SIZE=-1][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Bulldogs are 2 pts ahead on the table ATM with a way poorer F/A[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Come on Vulcans top the Doggies, top the table![/SIZE][/FONT]

Latest posts