What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WA BEARS

Perth Red

Post Whore
The irony of a comedian being the financial backer for the Bears :)

He did study at WAPA though so we'd welcome him on the Pirates board :)

As for Bears getting in as a NSW club, now that's comedy gold right there.

Colk

First Grade
It’s looking more and more likely the Bears will return to the NRL, but not with Perth. I really can’t see Perth getting behind the Bears, the Bears still want to be North Sydney based. The 18th license will probably go to NSB but like the Redcliffe Dolphins they will drop the geographical name. The Bears will take a few games to country NSW and the rest will be split between CC & NSO. Maybe one day we’ll see a Perth based team again but it won’t be with The Bears, and they won’t be the 18th team.

Who cares if they want to be based in North Sydney? We all want things that we can’t have. In any case, the commission has already come out and stated that they can’t have another Sydney side and to be quite frank that should also mean NSW.

It should either be Perth or another side in NZ, otherwise stay at 17

Perth Red

Post Whore
Who cares if they want to be based in North Sydney? We all want things that we can’t have. In any case, the commission has already come out and stated that they can’t have another Sydney side and to be quite frank that should also mean NSW.

Bears are as likely to get 18th spot as THE in NSW as PNG are. Never happening.

Canard

Immortal
It’s looking more and more likely the Bears will return to the NRL, but not with Perth. I really can’t see Perth getting behind the Bears, the Bears still want to be North Sydney based. The 18th license will probably go to NSB but like the Redcliffe Dolphins they will drop the geographical name. The Bears will take a few games to country NSW and the rest will be split between CC & NSO. Maybe one day we’ll see a Perth based team again but it won’t be with The Bears, and they won’t be the 18th team.

This will get a few bites.

beave

Coach
i thought this looked familiar

Perth Red

Post Whore
Lol NRL has been clear with them they dont want another Sydney club. So Bears decide being based in NS, playing six game at an unfit NSO and the rest at undetermined sub standard NSW regional grounds (Gosford aside) wont make them a Sydney club. Delusional lol.

Canard

Immortal
Jim Jeffries net worth according to Google searches is $12M.

Souths owners:-

Russell Crowe is $120M
Mike Cannon-Brookes is $13.1B (B as in Billion)
James Packer is $3.6B

Reflector

Juniors
If this happens I might give up on the NRL and just go support Wynnum Manly. The only thing that keeps me watching the NRL is my love for the Cowboys. If North Queensland dropped down to Queensland Cup I would abandon NRL in a heartbeat.
This would be supporters of those Sydney NRL clubs you want dropped/ merged, if their clubs were dropped/ merged.

Perth Red

Post Whore

Russell Crowe is $120M
James Packer is $3.6B
I wouldn't go too much on that, they have their money scattered all over! Tony Sage shows as net worth between $1-5mill yet he is worth hundreds of millions.

Canard

Immortal
I wouldn't go too much on that, they have their money scattered all over! Tony Sage shows as net worth between $1-5mill yet he is worth hundreds of millions.

Who the f**k is Tony Sage??

And do you think that Jim Jeffries is worth more then Russell Crowe and James Packer,

Wb1234

Referee
That would be the most insular, backwards-thinking, regressive move in NSWRL/ARL/NRL history - and on the history so far, that's saying a lot.

I despair at our administrators & the entire RL community if that happens.
It’s not going to happen but it would actually be hilarious just to see the whining on here

Wb1234

Referee

Russell Crowe is $120M
James Packer is $3.6B
When Crowe took over south’s he was worth 20 million or so

they have gotten him as an investor because of his name and popularity not his wealth

there are other investors too

Wb1234

Referee

When do people on here actually discuss reality anyway

half the posts are about cutting four Sydney clubs, getting rid of pokies or a team in Singapore

Perth Red

Post Whore
Who the f**k is Tony Sage??

And do you think that Jim Jeffries is worth more then Russell Crowe and James Packer,
owner of perth glory and potential bidder for an NRL club.
No idea, but he's likely more worth more than $12mill which was the point you seemed to have missed.

Canard

Immortal
owner of perth glory and potential bidder for an NRL club.
No idea, but he's likely more worth more than $12mill which was the point you seemed to have missed.
I don't think its that likely.

A stand-up comedian with a moderately successful show on basic cable in America is no doubt well off compared to you and me, but he isn't anywhere near Russell Crowe wealth, let alone James Packer.

Canard

Immortal
This Sage guy seems like a real smart operator:-

In 2020 he began the process of selling part of the club to the London Football Exchange, a football-based Cryptocurrency exchange, for a price of $30 million.[5][6] The deal fell apart after the founder of LFE was revealed to be using a fake identity, and was actually convicted fraudster James Abbass Biniaz.[7]

And:-

Sage was part owner of the Perth Fashion Festival until it went into administration and ceased operations in 2019. He was also the owner and publisher of the defunct Kurv fashion magazine.[8][9]

Latest posts