What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WA BEARS

MugaB

Coach
Cairns makes no sense.

A) It's Cowboys territory.
B) there is no NRL standard stadium. And the QLD govt won't be funding one after spending $250M on the Townsville one
They are already pushing for the upgrade to cairns stadium for the world cup, aswell as trying to join the P.N.G bid, 2ndly the cowboys have plenty of area to cover and cairns is as far away from Townsville as Newcastle is to Wollongong, probably further, its called FAR north QLD for a reason...
As far as Wellington and the bears i just was picking areas not exactly the teams that would reside there... anyways those 7 expansion spots could see out the NRL forever, in a 24 team comp, covering all areas of Australia and Pacific, can split into 3×8 conferences or 2×12, 4×6 or even 6x4

Canard

Immortal
They are already pushing for the upgrade to cairns stadium for the world cup, aswell as trying to join the P.N.G bid, 2ndly the cowboys have plenty of area to cover and cairns is as far away from Townsville as Newcastle is to Wollongong, probably further, its called FAR north QLD for a reason...
As far as Wellington and the bears i just was picking areas not exactly the teams that would reside there... anyways those 7 expansion spots could see out the NRL forever, in a 24 team comp, covering all areas of Australia and Pacific, can split into 3×8 conferences or 2×12, 4×6 or even 6x4

Panfers fan lecturing me about my home town and region.

Peak LU Expansion forum

Wb1234

Referee
Can you find one comment in this thread where I've talked about any existing "Sydney" club? Let alone try to lecture locals about it?

Cairns isn't an expansion opportunity in our lifetime, and doesn't meet any criteria that would enable it to be.
Tell the mayor of cairns who is quoted as wanting to have a joint bid with png as another poster was telling you

oh and check out any comments you’ve made about norths. But hey north Sydney … that’s in Queensland

Perth Red

Post Whore
Tell the mayor of cairns who is quoted as wanting to have a joint bid with png as another poster was telling you

oh and check out any comments you’ve made about norths. But hey north Sydney … that’s in Queensland
Shame png aren’t interested, or the nrl, any big money investors lol. maybe cowboys need to get on the phone to the mayor and ask him what his problem is.

Wb1234

Referee
Can you find one comment in this thread where I've talked about any existing "Sydney" club? Let alone try to lecture locals about it?

Cairns isn't an expansion opportunity in our lifetime, and doesn't meet any criteria that would enable it to be.
Tell the mayor of cairns and Shame png aren’t interested, or the nrl, any big money investors lol. maybe cowboys need to get on the phone to the mayor and ask him what his problem is.

FlameThrower

Bench
I’d rather wait to be club 20 in 25 years time than be owned by the bears. The inevitable ongoing media debate about them moving back to Sydney ft would be horrific And will likely kill the club here leading to them moving back to sydney lol.
So you’d rather wait 25 years ? What a crazy statement ….and BTW there is zero risk of another Sydney team being added.

Perth Red

Post Whore
So you’d rather wait 25 years ? What a crazy statement ….and BTW there is zero risk of another Sydney team being added.
Nope it really isn’t, why you ask? Because a ns owned club playing in perth WILL fail. And when it does everyone will say “ oh look perth has failed again. No point trying that again”. And that will be it for the game here. It will collapse at grassroots and the chance of another nrl team will be zero. So yes id rather wait and get it right and have our own team for the next 100 years thanks.

FlameThrower

Bench
Nope it really isn’t, why you ask? Because a ns owned club playing in perth WILL fail. And when it does everyone will say “ oh look perth has failed again. No point trying that again”. And that will be it for the game here. It will collapse at grassroots and the chance of another nrl team will be zero. So yes id rather wait and get it right and have our own team for the next 100 years thanks.
IMO - a Perth team is a must for the NRL to be really national. If it means a JV or partnership or a relocation what’s the difference? People should be able to compromise and see the bigger picture.

Colk

First Grade
IMO - a Perth team is a must for the NRL to be really national. If it means a JV or partnership or a relocation what’s the difference? People should be able to compromise and see the bigger picture.

They should. Whether they will is another story

Perth Red

Post Whore
We’ve been through this countless times in this thread! The difference is fans and businesses here will not get behind a north Sydney club playing games in perth. That will doom it to eventual failure.
This only it works if it is a club based here, playing all games here and owned by WA people. Sure it can be called west coast or perth bears, play in red and black and have jnr pathway partnership with ns bears. But that’s it. If ns LC want to buy a game to play at ns oval then that could be negotiated for a reasonable fee.

We’ve been through this countless times in this thread! The difference is fans and businesses here will not get behind a north Sydney club playing games in perth. That will doom it to eventual failure.
This only it works if it is a club based here, playing all games here and owned by WA people. Sure it can be called west coast or perth bears, play in red and black and have jnr pathway partnership with ns bears. But that’s it. If ns LC want to buy a game to play at ns oval then that could be negotiated for a reasonable fee.
I still think a team created by a local consortium has the best chance of winning over the Perth community and becoming a hit like the Storm and Wildcats.

Wb1234

Referee
I must have missed the bit of the png bid interest launch that spoke about partnering with cairns lol
You miss a lot
Go back to your post I quoted and show where it included cairns lmao

edit your post is badly worded now I know what you meant about cairns

Last edited:

Wb1234

Referee
Ownership has no influence on a clubs success with fans in Perth or not that’s a total bs argument

if the club fails in Perth it fails because their isn’t a market for nrl there not bc the bears own it (which is looking very likely )