What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WA BEARS

Perth Red

Post Whore
No mention of the bears there.
FMD , we've been sayng for years that there's support here for a club. Now you believe it.
TBF Wb struggles with comprehension. Some sort of learning difficulty I think.
He read it and thought Dickson was saying Perth fans were eager for the Bears lol

Only got one love
Remember when Vlad The Imbiber bullshitted about the Storm's junior clubs being "littered with Victorians"?

Their Jersey Flegg team only has four locals within its 40 player squad. At least three of those "Victorians" are Polynesian. When the miserable old copraphiliac prick was presented with this information he went back to the liquor barn for a fix.

Perth Red

Post Whore
The NRL expansion program was back in the media again this week. Earlier this year, the Bears board adjusted their plans for inclusion in the NRL as 18th, 19th or 20th team based on the rise of the PNG proposal. The PNG submission is backed by the Australian government with reported funding of $600M dollars and is considered a geopolitical tool between the two countries. However, there are concerns that PNG may not be ready as the 18th team, and negotiations are ongoing. As reported in the media this week, it is expected that PNG will be admitted into the National Rugby League competition but not necessarily as the 18th team.
This development has fast tracked the possible inclusion of an additional team in the national league and speculation amongst media, fans and key stakeholders is once again a buzz. The Bears can confirm that our Chairman and CEO met with Peter V’Landys, Chairman of the ARL Commission, regarding the Bears proposal for readmission in the NRL. Talks have been positive and are continuing. “The last few weeks have been fantastic for Bears supporters. Over the past couple of years, we’ve left no stone unturned as we’ve explored multiple options for bringing back the Bears. But now we’ve narrowed the field down to one preferred partner – Perth.” stated Daniel Dickson, Bears Chairman. “We’ve been having ongoing discussions with the NRL, the WA Government and the Perth consortium about the Perth Bears. The team would be based in Perth but would retain a strong presence in our historic home of North Sydney. Importantly, with a couple of games at North Sydney Oval and away games in the metro area, Bears fans would be able to attend up to nine games per year here in Sydney.”
The Bears bring to any partnership 116 years of heritage, an iconic brand and colours and a club with pre-existing extensive pathways from Juniors, Development Squads, Junior Representative teams in both male and female all the way up to our successful Knock-On Effect NSW Cup team. “The professionalism of our club, the elite pathways we’ve built and our success on and off the field has positioned us well to achieve a dream many of us thought we’d never see – a return to the NRL. But none of that matters as much as our passionate, loyal members and supporters. You can show the NRL, Perth and our potential investors how powerful our club is and the great value we bring to the game.” commented Gareth Holmes, Bears CEO
Bears legend and North Sydney Bears Board Director, Billy Moore has a passionate plea for all the red & black fans out there on what is now required “Daniel and our Board, Gareth, Flo and our staff as well as our friends at CT Group have been working overtime to give us the best shot we’ve ever had of returning to the NRL. But we can’t do this alone. For the next few weeks the eyes of the rugby league world will be on the Bears. If you’ve been thinking about becoming a member or coming to a game at North Sydney Oval, now is your time. And we need you to persuade your friends and family to do the same. If you do this, you’ll be able to tell your kids and grandkids that you were there. You were one of the people who brought the Bears back from the wilderness and into the NRL.”
As a club, we understand the enormity of this moment, right here, right now. We understand what this means to our members and fans, and the fight that has been ongoing since 2000. Discussions about our return have been very positive at a high level and we look forward to sharing more details with our members as they arise. “We’ve never been as close to returning to the NRL, but we’re not there yet. In rugby league, actions always speak louder than words. Each and every one of our members and supporters will be crucial to getting us back where we belong.” Daniel Dickson, Chairman.

Matt_CBY

Juniors
I was supportive of the Perth Bears until reading that article. They are never going to stop trying to get games at North Sydney Oval. They likely would try to get all the games there eventually. So it’s an absolute no for me. No Bears. No more suburban Sydney teams.

This myth is based on no facts.

The negotiations haven’t even started yet. It’s all posturing.

Nuke

Staff member
Read the article. The bears dude says it. 2 games at NSO. Which is unacceptable. They can’t possibly be thinking NSO is suitable for NRL.
Bears officials have also repeatedly come out and said in the past that there are some absolute non-negotiables:

* Bears nickname
* Red & black being the colours
* Team being called 'The Bears' (as opposed to Perth / WA / West Coast Bears).
* Minimum of two games per year at NSO.
* Pretty sure they also demand to be the main decision makers of the club too.

For mine: Fair enough having the branding being Bears. Fair call having the red and black, but I'd like to see some flexibility to add in, say, gold.

As for the name and their need to have 'x' amount of home games at NSO, I have issues with this.

Maybe I'm wrong, but the strong gut feeling I have, their vibe, is that they don't care how they get back into the NRL, they just want back in. They feel a sense of entitlement to be there.
Once they are in, if the team isn't doing so well, they'll just announce that it was a failed idea, and they'll just up and move fulltime back to Sydney. They are just trying to get their foot back in the door by partnering with an expansion area.
The lack of commitment to naming the club after a particular area (WA, WC, Perth, ect) and their insistence of having a minimum amount of games at NSO just has red flags all over it for me. I hear warning sirens.

Wb1234

Referee
Bears officials have also repeatedly come out and said in the past that there are some absolute non-negotiables:

* Bears nickname

For mine: Fair enough having the branding being Bears. Fair call having the red and black, but I'd like to see some flexibility to add in, say, gold.

As for the name and their need to have 'x' amount of home games at NSO, I have issues with this.

Maybe I'm wrong, but the strong gut feeling I have, their vibe, is that they don't care how they get back into the NRL, they just want back in. They feel a sense of entitlement to be there.
Once they are in, if the team isn't doing so well, they'll just announce that it was a failed idea, and they'll just up and move fulltime back to Sydney. They are just trying to get their foot back in the door by partnering with an expansion area.
The lack of commitment to naming the club after a particular area (WA, WC, Perth, ect) and their insistence of having a minimum amount of games at NSO just has red flags all over it for me. I hear warning sirens.
Everything but ownership will be from 50 percent down will happen

T-Boon

Coach
Please show me where the n the article does the bears dude (as you saw eloquently put it) saves up the bears back to North Sydney full time.
You are getting all confused. I didn’t say he did say that. I said they will likely try to get all their games at NSO.
It is obvious that is what they want. That’s their first preference. They’ll take some sneaky back way to trying to do it.

Bukowski

Juniors

* Bears nickname

I hadn't seen the bit about the team being called 'the bears'
That's crazy

Latest posts