What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WA BEARS

BuffaloRules

Coach
Assuming Bellamy doesn’t fancy a new challenge , I would suggest Arthur is in the box seat for the Western Bears …

Getting NRL Head Coach money for two years before they start playing games and only concerning yourself with setting up the NRL team and pathways would involve a lot less stress than he has had at Parramatta …

Perth Red

Post Whore
Arthur has to be the luckiest coach in history. Got 10 years plus at Parra because they wanted to stop coach hopping now is the only person of "note" in the mix for the WA gig. Crazy.
Don’t believe everything you hear on nrl360 lol
Arthurs would be a solid choice, low risk, experienced, players like playing for him.
I’m sure he’s just one of a number of possibles they will sound out for the job.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Assuming Bellamy doesn’t fancy a new challenge , I would suggest Arthur is in the box seat for the Western Bears …

Getting NRL Head Coach money for two years before they start playing games and only concerning yourself with setting up the NRL team and pathways would involve a lot less stress than he has had at Parramatta …
I can see him staying at Leeds for next season then coming back end of ‘25. Not much need for him to be in perth in 2025. The real work begins 2026. I’m sure they’ll spend 2025 appointing staff across the organisation.

BuffaloRules

Coach
I can see him staying at Leeds for next season then coming back end of ‘25. Not much need for him to be in perth in 2025. The real work begins 2026. I’m sure they’ll spend 2025 appointing staff across the organisation.

I dunno… i think they will give him the job at the start of 2025 … there is a lot to be done getting the pathways set up

The NRL needs to bend the rules for the Bears and allow them to start signing players for 2027 from Nov 1 this year …

Perth Red

Post Whore
I dunno… i think they will give him the job at the start of 2025 … there is a lot to be done getting the pathways set up

The NRL needs to bend the rules for the Bears and allow them to start signing players for 2027 from Nov 1 this year …
Agreed, that would help if we could be signing players straight away.
maybe but I’d expect staff to be employed for jnr pathways, and we dont know if that will be managed by the western bears or by the nrlwa with extra funding from wa govt yet.
It would probably be a lot easier for govt to give funds to a sports body than to a private company for jnrs?

BuffaloRules

Coach
Agreed, that would help if we could be signing players straight away.
maybe but I’d expect staff to be employed for jnr pathways, and we dont know if that will be managed by the western bears or by the nrlwa with extra funding from wa govt yet.
It would probably be a lot easier for govt to give funds to a sports body than to a private company for jnrs?

I would have thought that the Bears will oversee their own Junior teams ? They need to be playing next year by the way in the NSW junior comps

Perth Red

Post Whore
I would have thought that the Bears will oversee their own Junior teams ? They need to be playing next year by the way in the NSW junior comps
I hope we have two systems, one based in NS run by the NSFC and one based in Perth run by either Western Bears or the NRLWA.
Ideally two HM, SG and Flegg teams and 1 NSW cup team. Also much stronger investment in the NRLWA clubs and really improve our jnr systems right through the game here.
Im agnostic about who runs it in WA, I think it will depend on funding. If WA govt are funding a lot of it then it may sit with the NRLWA, if Western Bears are funding it Id expect they will run it.

I just dont see that the role of the first grade head coach, there will be people employed specifically to run these systems in WA and NS, hopefully!

They will be in NS. It depends if and when WA joins the jnr comps. That will take some work and setting up and will most likely be from 2026.

Perth Red

Post Whore
If it is Arthur I assume he’ll be giving Moses a call
He'll be 32 going on 33 by time we kick off (if in 2027)
I'd rather hope for Dylan Brown who'll be 27.

Shame Jackson Topine's career went off the rails, he would have been great to bring home. Hopefully he goes to SL and plays himself into contention.

BuffaloRules

Coach
He'll be 32 going on 33 by time we kick off (if in 2027)
I'd rather hope for Dylan Brown who'll be 27.

Shame Jackson Topine's career went off the rails, he would have been great to bring home. Hopefully he goes to SL and plays himself into contention.

32 yr old Moses still better player than 27 year old Brown …

BuffaloRules

Coach
I hope we have two systems, one based in NS run by the NSFC and one based in Perth run by either Western Bears or the NRLWA.
Ideally two HM, SG and Flegg teams and 1 NSW cup team. Also much stronger investment in the NRLWA clubs and really improve our jnr systems right through the game here.
Im agnostic about who runs it in WA, I think it will depend on funding. If WA govt are funding a lot of it then it may sit with the NRLWA, if Western Bears are funding it Id expect they will run it.

I just dont see that the role of the first grade head coach, there will be people employed specifically to run these systems in WA and NS, hopefully!

They will be in NS. It depends if and when WA joins the jnr comps. That will take some work and setting up and will most likely be from 2026.

Why is the WA Govt going to fund their junior teams ? Is this reported anywhere or just your gut feels?