What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WA BEARS

Vlad59

Bench
Because it came from a Sydney club... that is his issue.

PNG is 18 months into that system. Hunters are in the finals, another couple of seasons to see if it makes them sustainable.

Warriors are also using that system. They won the Harold Matts likely win NSW Cup ( sorry Bears fans)

Given there isn't a draft or a stack of RL comps across the world to draw talent from. These areas need good development.

Taking ideas from those who develop well makes sense
Yep I agree. Melbourne are doing a great job, building pathways and participation, have grown from zilch and can provide a great platform of experience and learning to share with WA. At last we agree.

Vlad59

Bench
Panthers Group model of buying and owning assets and using said assets to build a portfolio of venues, facilities, commercial spaces etc to have sustainable revenue is poor business in WA in your view. Interesting take. That model works everywhere else in the 1st world but not WA.

Streamlining all local junior clubs to be set up as a direct pathway feeding into one club is also poor in your opinion. So when/if 10k junior mark is reached, just keep the existing structures which aren’t working to its maximum potential or output as is.

Got it.
I didn’t say any of those things. You lie a lot.

Red&BlackBear

First Grade
I didn’t say any of those things. You lie a lot.
No I said it and you said it wouldn’t work in WA because Panthers are in a soft market. Re read what I posted and how you responded.

I mentioned Panthers Group no less than 4 times today and their structures no less than 5 times today. So if you couldn’t understand what I meant that’s on you.

So why are you now reverting to lying? Why are you so triggered again?

Iamback

Coach
Panthers Group model of buying and owning assets and using said assets to build a portfolio of venues, facilities, commercial spaces etc to have sustainable revenue is poor business in WA in your view. Interesting take. That model works everywhere else in the 1st world but not WA.

Streamlining all local junior clubs to be set up as a direct pathway feeding into one club is also poor in your opinion. So when/if 10k junior mark is reached, just keep the existing structures which aren’t working to its maximum potential or output as is.

Got it.

Isn't that how the Broncos have been ran since day 1?

Most clubs just relied on pokies in the past. Are now going to assets.

Any new club falls behind the rest not to follow

Vlad59

Bench
No I said it and you said it wouldn’t work in WA because Panthers are in a soft market. Re read what I posted and how you responded.

Why are you now reverting to lying? Why are you triggered again?
I didn’t say that. You lied again. I’m saying the Victorian model and experience will have a lot more in common with Perth. The worst model though is your parasite club. 117 teams. Feck all contact played. Maybe your parasite club should adopt the Penrith model? Given what a pathetic junior league you have hey?

Red&BlackBear

First Grade
I didn’t say that. You lied again. I’m saying the Victorian model and experience will have a lot more in common with Perth. The worst model though is your parasite club. 117 teams. Feck all contact played. Maybe your parasite club should adopt the Penrith model? Given what a pathetic junior league you have hey?
Norths Collective follow the same commercial set up as Panthers Group. You know the one you said is in a soft market. Dolphins follow it as well.

Matter of fact Dolphins have bought land I acquired years ago in Redcliffe to develop into another asset. Are they in a soft market to?

Why are you lying and triggered Vlad? Your calling that notion a soft market are a few pages back (unless you since edited them). You even made fun of WB for agreeing with me. Surely your memory isn’t that bad fella.

Unless you have somehow confused the commercial aspect and the pathways aspect up? Although both were clearly pointed out in my post.

So why you lying now Vlad?

Vlad59

Bench
Norths Collective follow the same commercial set up as Panthers Group. You know the one you said is in a soft market. Dolphins follow it as well.

Matter of fact Dolphins have bought land I acquired years ago in Redcliffe to develop into another asset. Are they in a soft market to?

Why are you lying and triggered Vlad? Your calling that notion a soft market are a few pages back (unless you since edited them). You even made fun of WB for agreeing with me. Surely your memory isn’t that bad fella.
I’m talking about participation and pathways. Your club is a train wreck yet the deluxe model is just up the street. Is your parasite club too stupid to adopt it. 117 teams and nearly half are tag? Dear me!

Perth Red

Post Whore
Anyone know how many registered players and clubs there are in the NS region To add to WA’s 4,300 and 30 clubs?

Red&BlackBear

First Grade
Storms success was borne from having the major stakeholder of the game as their owner as well. They were able to set themselves up by stripping the best players from Reds, Mariners & Crushers to form a strong club from the outset.

They heavily recruited from QLD in the early 00’s and were able to identify and develop 4 of the best players of the last 50 years simultaneously.

After all that on field success it still took them 23/24 years to set up proper pathways that benefits the game in Victoria.

How they were set up initially to succeed would be incredibly difficult to replicate today because the game and the disparity between clubs has changed a lot since 1998.

Storms continued success has been tremendous.

But the true blueprint all clubs should strive for isn’t Storm. It’s actually Panthers (once they finally got all their ducks in a row and managed right).

Through Panthers Group they have built a super strong commercially sustainable model to ensure strength off the field and through their streamlined pathways and sophisticated talent identification development systems they have the best rugby league nursery in the world to ensure strength on the field.

Since Western Bears is aiming for 10,000 juniors it’s actually the Panthers model that they should be striving for. Not the Storm.
IMG_4800.jpeg

Perth Red

Post Whore
do you think there will be an appetite for the nslc to invest more in the NSFC set ups than the current $300k now that they hopefully have a direct pathway again? I was a bit surprised to hear the news that the western bears would fund 4 positions at the nsfc, thought the nslc would be covering costs of nsfc expansion?

Iamback

Coach
Yep I agree. Melbourne are doing a great job, building pathways and participation, have grown from zilch and can provide a great platform of experience and learning to share with WA. At last we agree.

And their 2nd tier club finished 4th in QCup
1st in NSW Cup

Going back. That feeder arrangement got them
Smith, Slater and Cronk they weren't developed through Melbourne.

So if we are looking the same for Perth then locally will be slow. Good East coast links to get some future immortal hopefully and the side will be great.

Red&BlackBear

First Grade
do you think there will be an appetite for the nslc to invest more in the NSFC set ups than the current $300k now that they hopefully have a direct pathway again? I was a bit surprised to hear the news that the western bears would fund 4 positions at the nsfc, thought the nslc would be covering costs of nsfc expansion?
Yes, there is direct and comprehensive funding coming. There will eventually be more assets acquired which will be in WA. Those asserts will in turn provide another revenue stream.

Unsure on the type of asset though, most likely venues but commercial spaces isn’t out of the question either. There are a few moving pieces here which intertwine with eachother, no matter how irrelevant they might seem on the surface.

Perth Red

Post Whore
117 teams. 9 clubs. Roughly 1800 players
Cheers, is that full contact registered players? If so then the western bears having a grassroots base of over 6k from day 1 is pretty solid. That’d make it one of the top 10 nrl club catchment participation areas Wouldn’t it?

Iamback

Coach

Because you want the club to run from Perth not the other way

Red&BlackBear

First Grade
Good work Sonny. I’m glad I’m keeping you so busy. Penrith is a soft rugby league market and Melbourne logically better resembles Perth
Commercially? Because the point pertains to both.

Somehow that’s been completely lost on you or you are once again, showing your lack of intelligence on the subject. Either way it was clearly and concisely mentioned by me, grandpa.

So please stay on topic and stop being triggered.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Good work Sonny. I’m glad I’m keeping you so busy. Penrith is a soft rugby league market and Melbourne logically better resembles Perth
Big difference is there is massive commitment from day 1 to produce our own players. It’s taken storm 20 plus years to finally get serious about that. I think within a few years if done right in WA we will probably produce more players than the NS side of the venture. I’m looking forward to hearing form the WA govt how they will will support the growth of our high school program.

Vlad59

Bench
Cheers, is that full contact registered players? If so then the western bears having a grassroots base of over 6k from day 1 is pretty solid. That’d make it one of the top 10 nrl club catchment participation areas Wouldn’t it?
North’s got a lot of tag. WA would be behind Penrith , Cronulla, Brisbane, maybe Paramatta, St George (including group 7), Wests (including group 6), Melbourne, Newcastle, warriors, maybe Townsville and gold coast

Latest posts