What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WA BEARS

Interesting interview here with WA NRL expert Jason ….i recommend a listen…

Old mate’s been spruiking stuff on this forum for a decade plus. Half the time it’s rambles.

Nuke, now there’s a bloke I’d be keen to listen to as he has first hand experience with rugby league in WA - beyond being just a fan.

Wb1234

Immortal
Funny but just remember that the big commercial and IP lawyers in this country live in Sydney, not Perth.

The recent ramblings out of Balmain/Wests should be a lesson. Maybe 20% of the implications of such talks were reported onthe other 80% where NRL/ARLC pulled both their ears and dragged them into the dunce corner wasn’t.

Anything that makes the overall game and controlling/authority bodies look weak or seem like they’ve taken a loss ie. Having a club within their governance self implode and bringing bad headlines like a de-merger, won’t be tolerated.

Commercial strength and reputation is everything.
To be fair Balmain people allege someone from Holman Barnes approached the arlc about bringing back the magpie

Nuke

Staff member
Personally, I've always disliked generic compass points as a team's 'location'. 'Southern' Pride, 'Wests' Tigers, ect.
South Sydney, North Queensland, ect, to me, are fine, as they still specify where they're located and who they represent.

Personally, I've always disliked generic compass points as a team's 'location'. 'Southern' Pride, 'Wests' Tigers, ect.
South Sydney, North Queensland, ect, to me, are fine, as they still specify where they're located and who they represent.
There’s a fair distance between Mackay, Townsville, Cairns, Mt Isa and Weipa. I get the North Queensland name but let’s not act like they aren’t a Townsville team through and through.

If they didn’t have a recent disagreement with Blackhawks then they would still treat Northern Pride and Mackay Cutters like their disliked distant cousins. This is coming from someone who lived in Cairns at one stage and had a little to do with Pride and the local comp there.

In saying all that I am happy Pride and Cutters are getting better resources from Cowboys this season. It’s been great to watch.

Bukowski

Juniors
Funny but just remember that the big commercial and IP lawyers in this country live in Sydney, not Perth.

The recent ramblings out of Balmain/Wests should be a lesson. Maybe 20% of the implications of such talks were reported onthe other 80% where NRL/ARLC pulled both their ears and dragged them into the dunce corner wasn’t.

Anything that makes the overall game and controlling/authority bodies look weak or seem like they’ve taken a loss ie. Having a club within their governance self implode and bringing bad headlines like a de-merger, won’t be tolerated.

Commercial strength and reputation is everything.
Well let's hope Norths used a Sydney lawyer and Perth didn't.

Latest posts