What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WA BEARS

Since people don’t want to be accused of being Sydney centric then let’s relocate Sydney’s weakest team and the one whose removal will have no impact

Perth sharts
That’s still being Sydney centric though, you do get that don’t you?
In saying that, Perth Sharks is a 1000 times better name than Perth Bears, and at least would hold more relevance.

Vlad59

Juniors
Again for the slow one.

I want them to have a partnership with a club ANY club that has existing pathways into the QCup or NSW Cup.

Bears are only Sydney Club that offers that and the QLD Clubs are waiting to be part of Brisbane 3. So who else is there?

Reason being look at the rest of the comp

Broncos - have close to the best contacts in QLD to get the talent.

All the Sydney teams run direct programs from 17 up to Seniors.

Warriors have now joined in - Won the u17's comp this year. Give them 3 more years of building on that program

Storm same thing go from U17's to u20's. Talk of a NSW Cup team coming in. Will be 10 years into their program when Team 18 comes in

Dolphins run their own program.

Titans and Cowboys. Have programs want to have direct reserve grade sides, That is part of the QRL fight for funding.

Now we are expected to get not 1 but 3 new teams in new markets to not only compete, them try and convince the best teenage talent to leave a proven established pathway and go to a new one. While doing so leave their friends and family?

I don't see that as being a success. However the chances are higher IF they can stay in their home city.

A partnership as opposed to feeder. Allows The Perth NRL team to appoint the coach, control what style they play with. Hell even if they want to move a player into another position they can do that.

That is why Titans and Cowboy want to go down that path
Sorry I missed that. . Could you repeat it? Something something something something Sydney centric cowardice something something something I’m scared something. Was that it?

Vlad59

Juniors
You’re throwing bait out to the wrong person. I’d still go for them.
but you know, and I know, that it won’t be happening.

“Giving” WA a failed franchise just shows that the NRL is very culturally unaware about the people of WA as a whole.
It‘s going to be an extremely messy affair without doubt.
The media will have a field day with the endless negatives. Starting with the condescending nature of a Sydney centric based model for a Perth team. But that’ll be the media’s fault hey?

Iamback

Coach

“Giving” WA a failed franchise just shows that the NRL is very culturally unaware about the people of WA as a whole.

So again my question earlier IF the NRL have doubts about the pathways in particular.

Isn't this better than no Perth at all?

Wb1234

Referee

Sharts won’t be relocating

and

bears will be returning to the nrl

No matter how many cry babies there are on this thread

it’s what pvl wants everyone else is irrelevant

Iamback

Coach
lamback is a good poster, maybe needs a little tickle now and then but overall I generally like his posts.

Thanks. I try and get conversations moving.

On this subject. I want the game the expand into new markets.

I also don't think as a whole we don't do expansion well in this country. RL has a salary cap, No draft so junior development is huge and takes time.

PNG have started a program and with the hunters has them better off there. But likely can't recruit anyone.

Perth and NZ 2. Should be able to recruit decent enough but again with the cap can't pay overs to fill out a squad.

So brings to how can help both those 2. Bears seems the answer for one, The other one will be the concern if Perth goes through as the Bears

Last edited:

Latest posts