What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WA BEARS

Vlad59

Juniors
Thanks. I try and get conversations moving.

On this subject. I want the game the expand into new markets.

I also don't think as a whole we don't do expansion well in this country. RL has a salary cap, No draft so junior development is huge and takes time.

PNG have started a program and with the hunters has them better off there. But likely can't recruit anyone.

Perth and NZ 2. Should be able to recruit decent enough but again with the cap can't pay overs to fill out a squad.

So brings to how can help both those 2. Bears seems the answer for one, The other one will be the concern if Perth goes through as the Bears
Don’t get too carried away with being praised here. The bar is low.

Iamback

Coach
”The Bears” cannot happen.
If they don’t have Perth or a WA type name first the backlash will cause another failure before it has already begun.

Perth Wildcats are owned by SEN radio - them having Melbourne owners hasn't hurt them.

Perth Glory was just bought by a Melbourne guy. Given the licence was sold from a Perth man to him for $1. Safe to say that even being a 'Perth name' doesn't always help

If not Then we put Perth in the too hard basket and Brisbane Easts get their wish are in the NRL.

A Perth brand new team running last every years off sets what the positives are.

You don't think Perth should have a say in how THEIR juniors are brought along?
I’d be ok with the Perth consortium having the majority shares with Norths having a stake in the group.
If history in the NRL period has shown, all the mergers/joint ventures have had one of the sides become way more powerful.
If the WA side has the power from the outset then I give them a better than even chance of survival.
If the Norths side gains the power it would cause great concern for all and sundry. As others have already stated, they cannot be trusted.

Vlad59

Juniors
Perth Wildcats are owned by SEN radio - them having Melbourne owners hasn't hurt them.

Perth Glory was just bought by a Melbourne guy. Given the licence was sold from a Perth man to him for $1. Safe to say that even being a 'Perth name' doesn't always help

If not Then we put Perth in the too hard basket and Brisbane Easts get their wish are in the NRL.

A Perth brand new team running last every years off sets what the positives are.
Wow a new bottom of the barrel. Keep digging with your fingernails.

Iamback

Coach
I’d be ok with the Perth consortium having the majority shares with Norths having a stake in the group.
If history in the NRL period has shown, all the mergers/joint ventures have had one of the sides become way more powerful.
If the WA side has the power from the outset then I give them a better than even chance of survival.
If the Norths side gains the power it would cause great concern for all and sundry. As others have already stated, they cannot be trusted.

I have stated I am for it in theory. Structure is key and realistically if the junior development is done correctly the Norths side will only bring a few players across a year.

The key is buying the franchise time to get there. Running 10th as opposed to 16th will help that. As will flogging jerseys to boomer Bears fans early on

The NRL stepped in for other clubs during board issues, I'd have something similar here to stop potential issues

Iamback

Coach
I'd be fine with Brisbane Easts getting the gig.
In fact my personal preferences have always been Perth (stand alone), NZ2 and Brisbane Easts.
With maybe PNG and Adelaide Bears to come in after that.

I'd have them in this round. Rightly or wrongly time will tell, Then NRL is hoping PNG, Vegas and NZ x 2 will help get Amazon, Netflix etc to the table for TV.

Brisbane Easts would get the local TV execs hard but at some stage that will peak here.

Time will tell if this approach was better.

I'd have them in this round. Rightly or wrongly time will tell, Then NRL is hoping PNG, Vegas and NZ x 2 will help get Amazon, Netflix etc to the table for TV.

Brisbane Easts would get the local TV execs hard but at some stage that will peak here.

Time will tell if this approach was better.
I wouldn't care what order BE, NZ or Perth come in.
In saying that, BE would hold a lot of merit to come in next as they are pretty much ready to go. Then Perth and NZ2 in the year the new TV deals start. Gives them good time to get all structures in working order.

Matt_CBY

Juniors
You asked to source Billy Moore saying in an interview that more games at NSO could happen, it’s there, now you want to shift the goalposts.
No, I’m just not using outdated sources.

This time last year the Pasifika Bears were an option being talked about. Which would have been a totally different situation.

The difference now is the location is now Perth and not a potential other locations.

Vlad59

Juniors
I have stated I am for it in theory. Structure is key and realistically if the junior development is done correctly the Norths side will only bring a few players across a year.

The key is buying the franchise time to get there. Running 10th as opposed to 16th will help that. As will flogging jerseys to boomer Bears fans early on

The NRL stepped in for other clubs during board issues, I'd have something similar here to stop potential issues
An ‘expansionist’ how writes 100s of posts scraping around to find negatives about it. An ‘expansionist’? I think not