What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WA BEARS

Bukowski

Juniors
Well then tell how Perth will be a success with brand new pathways when even Storm will be 10 years into there's?

I am here for the discussion. Everyone likes to bag the idea yet no one puts forward how it can work
Unlike Melbourne they invest in ball, flegg, state cup teams in Perth from the start.
But I've been through this with you. You can't possibly see how a team can work outside of Sydney. Despite there being many clubs outside of Sydney and Melbourne that have already done it.

Vlad59

Juniors
Unlike Melbourne they invest in ball, flegg, state cup teams in Perth from the start.
But I've been through this with you. You can't possibly see how a team can work outside of Sydney. Despite there being many clubs outside of Sydney and Melbourne that have already done it.
But he’s an ‘expansionist’. He said so!

Matt_CBY

Juniors
You are shifting the goalposts, you were given the source, now it’s ‘outdated’. Billy Moore is still involved with the Bears, the hosting games at NSO push is still there no matter the host location, none of that has changed.

Billy talks about Perth multiple times in that interview. It’s not like they haven’t backed down on their push for ‘two games at NSO’, it’s in their recent release on their own website. Billy just let the mask slip for a moment - if they can get some games at NSO over the line as part of the bid, they can look at having more because it’ll apparently be such a financial bonanza.
Stop trying to legitimise old sources.
The environment has changed since that interview

Canard

Immortal
I'd have them in this round. Rightly or wrongly time will tell, Then NRL is hoping PNG, Vegas and NZ x 2 will help get Amazon, Netflix etc to the table for TV.

Brisbane Easts would get the local TV execs hard but at some stage that will peak here.

Time will tell if this approach was better.
It's insane that you think PNG will appeal to Amazon.

Christchurch will barely register, but PNG is just a nothing burger for any TV

Iamback

Coach

Now lets break that down further.

WA has 2.6m. How many of those would be in the 13-16year old aged group that would need now for a start in 2028?

1% maybe. That gives you 26,000 kids.
You can probably wipe off atleast 50% of that for kids that aren't suitable or into sport.

leaves you with 13,000.

Now of that 13,000. RL is fighting with AFL, cricket, Basketball, soccer, hockey is pretty popular.

Given there are zero players in the system. You need to find 100 that are of a better standard then those across in the East.

The NSW System alone has 400 in just the Harold Matts comp. That is without QLD.

Those in NSW/QLD when their junior comps end in May. Go off and play schools games against each other.

Those in Perth have no meaningful games as there is no school program.

You expect that setup to get a new team into the top 8 regularly?

Canard

Immortal
I never said they did, I said that is the reasoning.

Time will tell if it true or not
Surely the main aim is growing the game, and expanding the player base, expanding fan base etc.

Appealing to Silicon Valley streamers is a "nice to have" but desperately unrealistic at this point of our games lifespan.

Vlad59

Juniors
Now lets break that down further.

WA has 2.6m. How many of those would be in the 13-16year old aged group that would need now for a start in 2028?

1% maybe. That gives you 26,000 kids.
You can probably wipe off atleast 50% of that for kids that aren't suitable or into sport.

leaves you with 13,000.

Now of that 13,000. RL is fighting with AFL, cricket, Basketball, soccer, hockey is pretty popular.

Given there are zero players in the system. You need to find 100 that are of a better standard then those across in the East.

The NSW System alone has 400 in just the Harold Matts comp. That is without QLD.

Those in NSW/QLD when their junior comps end in May. Go off and play schools games against each other.

Those in Perth have no meaningful games as there is no school program.

You expect that setup to get a new team into the top 8 regularly?
How many different ways of writing the same thing do you have to flog here before you convince yourself?

reanimate

Bench
Stop trying to legitimise old sources.
The environment has changed since that interview
Stop shifting the goalposts, you asked for the source, you got it.

Billy Moore is still working with the Bears - https://www.northsydneybears.com.au/the-club/board-of-directors/

The push for NSO games is still there - https://www.northsydneybears.com.au/update-nrl-bid-june-2024/
Importantly, with a couple of games at North Sydney Oval and away games in the metro area, Bears fans would be able to attend up to nine games per year here in Sydney