What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WA BEARS

Pippen94

First Grade
“Abdo pointed out in his email that they hoped to have the process finalised by the end of the season”

so all 3 teams should be known by the end of the year

Perth (provided somebody stumps money)
PNG
Nz2

Easts Brisbane will take a place if Perth can't raise the funds.

flippikat

Bench
And once again we see why

CC Bears should be the #1 bid and
Ipswich Jets(Green, white and blue) #2 bid

De-merge Balmain & Wests #3 bid
Doesn't add a 2nd NZ team, though - unless one of Balmain or Wests relocates across the ditch. South Island Tigers? NZ Magpies?

I'm pretty sure they'll keep the Bears name and colours with a splash of yellow. Everyone is freaking out about this, but in reality it's a smart move. Regardless there will be a Sydney and even a small Brisbane fan base that will travel around locally for away games, which both Titans and Dolphins don't have. So I think all the people who are having a hizzy fit should just chill the frack down. This is good for the game.

siv

First Grade
Doesn't add a 2nd NZ team, though - unless one of Balmain or Wests relocates across the ditch. South Island Tigers? NZ Magpies?
Dont need to add team in these locations

Just have teams use these regions as junior feeders

And in return play a NRL game and a trial there

Rotate SOO with Perth and Adelaide

Bring back the 9s for Christchurch

Just throw in some local government funding to buy a home game

siv

First Grade
I'm pretty sure they'll keep the Bears name and colours with a splash of yellow. Everyone is freaking out about this, but in reality it's a smart move. Regardless there will be a Sydney and even a small Brisbane fan base that will travel around locally for away games, which both Titans and Dolphins don't have. So I think all the people who are having a hizzy fit should just chill the frack down. This is good for the game.
They dont need a spash of yellow

Perth wore red & black for many years

Pj,Rj,Hj

Juniors
I'm eager to learn what type of match will be hosted at NSO (preseason or regular season), because Western Australians are about to pick up the tab of likely over $200million for a new Western Stand at HBF Park and a Club HQ / Training facility. Much more than The Bears are worth.

Wb1234

Referee
Same said choosing the dolphins was a mistake and they would fail

Wb1234

Referee
I'm eager to learn what type of match will be hosted at NSO (preseason or regular season), because Western Australians are about to pick up the tab of likely over $200million for a new Western Stand at HBF Park and a Club HQ / Training facility. Much more than The Bears are worth.
Yes because the Perth bears will own hbf park lmao

flippikat

Bench
Dont need to add team in these locations

Just have teams use these regions as junior feeders

And in return play a NRL game and a trial there

Rotate SOO with Perth and Adelaide

Bring back the 9s for Christchurch

Just throw in some local government funding to buy a home game
OK, setting aside the positives that a NZ rivalry would bring to the NRL.. de-merge the Tigers to effectively give Sydney one MORE NRL team? Not gonna happen.

Latest posts