What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WA BEARS

flippikat

Bench
If the whole process has taught me anything, it's to take any reports, whispers, rumors or hearsay with a good sense of skepticism & patience, pending the official statement confirming a decision.

(As Carl Sagan once said "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence".)

I await any official announcement from the NRL itself.

It's looking very likely, but I can't overlook the little chance some random spanner in the works will make things go astray.

Bukowski

Juniors
If the whole process has taught me anything, it's to take any reports, whispers, rumors or hearsay with a good sense of skepticism & patience, pending the official statement confirming a decision.

(As Carl Sagan once said "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence".)

I await any official announcement from the NRL itself.

It's looking very likely, but I can't overlook the little chance some random spanner in the works will make things go astray.
Team 18 won't be announced till Oct. You'd think Perth Bears announcement to be this week though.

flippikat

Bench
Team 18 won't be announced till Oct. You'd think Perth Bears announcement to be this week though.
Yeah, I think we could have a full announcement of Perth Bears as an agreed bid (with the operating model agreed between Norths & Perth) as early as tomorrow.

I imagine the NRL wouldn't dare confirm if they're in as 18th team or not until late Sept/early Oct, or else it makes the whole bidding process more about teams 19/20.. plus it gives them leeway to change their mind by October and put Perth as 19 or 20 IF something more compelling for 18 arises. (Slim chance maybe but you never know, right?)

When have they been wrong

I read in the media dolphins were certain to be team 17 almost a year and a half before they even called for bids from qld teams

edit it was actually just before covid first struck
Central Coast Bears?
Gold Coast Bears?
Pasifika Bears?
PNG Bears?
NSW Country Bears?
Perth Jets?
South Pacific Cyclones?
PNG @ Cairns?
Melbourne 2?
Brisbane Bombers?
Wellington Orcas?

Wb1234

Referee
Central Coast Bears?
Gold Coast Bears?
Pasifika Bears?
PNG Bears?
NSW Country Bears?
Perth Jets?
South Pacific Cyclones?
PNG @ Cairns?
Melbourne 2?
Brisbane Bombers?
Wellington Orcas?
PNG at cairns I’ll grant you

And cc bears gallop promised them they were in then changed his mind

it will be Perth bears png and Christchurch

you need to let go the Brisbane easts thing lol

PNG at cairns I’ll grant you

And cc bears gallop promised them they were in then changed his mind

it will be Perth bears png and Christchurch

you need to let go the Brisbane easts thing lol
You said PNG would be the 18th club because the media pushed it as a "fact" for months.

Now you're telling me "Perth Bears" will be the 18th team and arguing that the media has never been wrong?

Central Coast Bears was never guaranteed the 16th licence. The Sydney media pushed the angle ad nauseum to sell papers. Readers believed it. Then they sooked when the media speculation turned out to be bullshit.

I still remember all of the dumbarses on here wanking their cocks over the "Gold Coast Bears" a few years ago. There were articles in the Sydney media pushing it as a fait accompli.

The Sydney media has been running an annual or bi-annual story about the Bears coming back for years. All of their claims have turned out to be bullshit.

John Singleton only wanted the Central Coast Bears so he would have a tenant at the stadium. He chucked a massive tantrum when he didn't get his way. Just like the tantrum he chucked the other day about the Bears and Perth.

Latest posts