What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WA BEARS

Pj,Rj,Hj

Juniors
Both South Perth and HBF Stadium are equal distance & time from the center of the CBD ..... I know where I'd prefer to be after training at either venue.

The CoE should not be based at an existing league club.
Why?
Training ground sharing is common in Australia. You can bet if the club is based at Mt Claremont, the govt will rationalise facilities by expanding the current Force and RugbyWA HQ, instead of duplicating.
*That's not to say I have a problem with the Mt Claremont location. It'd probably force the WA Govt to build the small show field they were supposed to build RugbyWA for vacating Perry Lakes. A ground with communities facilities, a stand seating 500-1000, grass terraces surrounding the rest. Would be a great facility for both NRLWA and RugbyWA communities

Wb1234

Referee
Have we learned nothing from 'Jurassic Park' about bringing back long-dead entities? Look at the all the problems that can come from doing that...

:p
That’s not fair

Perth should get a second chance at an nrl side

Dragonwest

Juniors
Why?
Training ground sharing is common in Australia. You can bet if the club is based at Mt Claremont, the govt will rationalise facilities by expanding the current Force and RugbyWA HQ, instead of duplicating.
*That's not to say I have a problem with the Mt Claremont location. It'd probably force the WA Govt to build the small show field they were supposed to build RugbyWA for vacating Perry Lakes. A ground with communities facilities, a stand seating 500-1000, grass terraces surrounding the rest. Would be a great facility for both NRLWA and RugbyWA communities
Getting an NRL club, having a CoE and funding the junior pathways is critical to allow us to grow the game and take back the ground lost to RU in the last 20 years. The venue must be independent of RU, make no mistake they are the enemy and their contracts restricting juniors playing rugby league confirms it.

It's also critical that the local amateur competition grows and is strongly competitive. No local club should be tied into those facilities giving them a distinct advantage over the competition. I wouldn't ever advocate that advantage even for my own club.

Pj,Rj,Hj

Juniors
Getting an NRL club, having a CoE and funding the junior pathways is critical to allow us to grow the game and take back the ground lost to RU in the last 20 years. The venue must be independent of RU, make no mistake they are the enemy and their contracts restricting juniors playing rugby league confirms it.

It's also critical that the local amateur competition grows and is strongly competitive. No local club should be tied into those facilities giving them a distinct advantage over the competition. I wouldn't ever advocate that advantage even for my own club.
I understand what you are saying. I'm not sure the govt holding the purse strings will see it that way. The Force and Glory cohabitated for a few years. West Coast Eagles and Perth Demons at Lathlain Oval, Wests Tigers and West Harbour at Concord Oval, Melbourne Storm, Demons, and Victory at AAMI Park etc

Some of these co-tenents share certain facilities not worth duplicating, or in the case of West Coast and the Perth Demons, they a merely sharing the property and playing fields. They have their own separate buildings.
The latter is what I was proposing for George Burnett Park. Separate buildings/zones for Perth NRL and South Perth Lions, plus a 3rd playing field via a more efficient use of space on the current Lot.