What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WA BEARS

BuffaloRules

Coach
bit simplistic, sometimes marriages start off great but fall apart as time goes on and the novelty wears off and the irritations with each other grow lol.

The majority of fans in perth Id suggest want a stand alone club. So now we are faced with either following something we didnt really want, or not.
All I can hope now is its done well, done right for WA and that its now a success. Another failure over here will see the end of the game forever in all possibility.

another failure and that’s it ..

im assuming if fhey can put forward an 800 page bid document ..this might incorporate some research into how the Bears branding will be received in
Perth ?

Perth Red

Post Whore
another failure and that’s it ..

im assuming if fhey can put forward an 800 page bid document ..this might incorporate some research into how the Bears branding will be received in ?
Perth ?
I highly doubt that, I haven't seen or heard of anything asking the fans, and Im reasonably connected to the RL scene here.
End of day it will be what it will be. It will work or it wont. The world will keep turning regardless.

Brian potter

First Grade
I mean, sure... you want it sell out quicker for less money? That's not how businesses works. If it sells out too quickly you are too cheap, if it doesn't sell out, you are too expensive or the stadium is too big. Ideally you've nailed it if it sells out right before game day
Surely there’s a happy medium?

BuffaloRules

Coach
I highly doubt that, I haven't seen or heard of anything asking the fans, and Im reasonably connected to the RL scene here.
End of day it will be what it will be. It will work or it wont. The world will keep turning regardless.

800 pages …what on earth are they gunna be saying ?

Brian potter

First Grade
they are literally the most expensive tickets for an NRL game ever held anywhere. we are being totally fleeced because they know we are desperate for some live NRL action. There is no need for them to be that expensive.
100%.

I just hope it’s a good game because if not it might put a few thousand of the NRL.

Wb1234

Referee
I didnt pick any you idiot. I said WA's preference was a stand alone club. I said Jets offered an interesting opportunity to develop some new jnr pathways in Sydney without as much baggage as Bears were carrying over and I said Bears would need to change a lot of their approach if they had any hope.

As it turned out it looks like the Perth bid has used the Jets to get bears to be more reasonable and they are npw in a space they can work together. If it works only time will tell. It has a good chance now at least.

As for you, well you've been on here for years telling us Perth has zero chance of a club lol
A Perth stand alone team did have zero chance

it would’ve been Christchurch then png then Perth would’ve had to bid against Brisbane

its hard to now whether to congratulate you on getting a team when you don’t seem to be behind this a lot

I am very happy for @Centy Coast

There’s a nice symmetry that the last two teams dudded by super league are coming back as one

If wa truly adopts the bears the benefits for the club will be huge