What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WA BEARS

Wb1234

Referee
Stadium is poor

those stairs going up and down the players had to climb to enter the field are a joke

even the new stands don’t look that great

its better than the waca and still behind the standard for nrl stadia

like watching games at shark park or kayo it’s a bit of an eyesore

BuffaloRules

Coach
Stadium is poor

those stairs going up and down the players had to climb to enter the field are a joke

More games required at NSO?

Centy Coast

Juniors
Stadium is poor

They might fix little things like those stairs before Perth enter the competition.
I thought the Stadium looked great, nice and open, and very close to the action.

Vee

First Grade
[QUOTE="Vlad59, post: 16360111, member: 70830" I identify as old shagged out and mentally wrecked. Not hard to pick.
[/QUOTE]
Dunno about that. There's a few of us on here that could fit that description.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Back to the opening game, depends on the ambition. If playing it at HBF park might as well be a lessor team as it will sell out regardless. If they are ambitious and want to get 35k+ at Optus you need a Souths, Warriors or Broncos to help get bums on seats.

If at Optus it'd be good to offer some travel packages for the 200k Bears fans (allegeldy lol) on the East coast.
Double Header annual tradition, round 1 before flogball starts?

Perth, Souths, Warriors, Broncos

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
If Perth get a team, what do you expect the average crowd would be at HBF? Do you think there's enough support to sell out every game there?
Hopefully there are upgrades to HBF, because currently it only holds 20k which means even in great years they'll struggle to average over 18k.

That capacity is way to small for a city the size of Perth and for an NRL team to grow. HBF needs to be 25k min, need an annual event game at Optus and need a decent side and they'll be able to average 20k.

It's going to be less of a slog than Melbourne have had getting to the point of pulling regular 20k crowds, that's for sure.

Last edited:

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
very much a neutral. I'm thankful for Dolphins bringing a game here but they have fleeced us in ticket prices so kind of balances out lol.

Unfortunately game is a few weeks too early for any announcements or confirmations. If I bump into anyone with insider info I'll see if I can get any gossip on what the bid is looking like!
Just ask your bid staff to update you on the progress