What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WA BEARS

Centy Coast

Juniors
I don't think this is their new logo. I genuinely hope it isn't as well.

It goes against pretty much all logic. It's not social-media friendly, it's overly detailed & complicated, and it doesn't appear to be an adaption of the NS Bears emblem.

This will likely be a logo designed by the newspaper's graphics guy because they wanted something to accompany the article.
That is most certainly not the logo

BuffaloRules

Coach
I have zero problem with at least 1 NRL game a season at NSO, even 2. Likewise I fully support North Sydney's history and brand being officially recognised as part of the Western Bears.

The advantage of doing this is that it makes the Western Bears (both as a brand and a club) much bigger than a mere Perth side with no ties to Norths beyond the logo/ colours. The Bears were/ are one of the least polarising, most likeable teams in league history and in a roundabout way their lack of Premiership success is an advantage because it makes it easier for both the people of W.A to accept the club as their own and building their own history, without alienating the Norths element.

In the AFL, the Fitzroy Lions had a similar standing amongst Melbourne football fans and had the Brisbane Lions been simply Fitzroy relocating, it would've been a less controversial move than the Fitzroy-Brisbane Bears merger that eventuated.

If Norths had managed to relocate to Gosford (as was the original plan) they were to become the Central Coast Bears and incorporate Norths colours and history. Just because they're moving across the country shouldn't change anything else. This club has the potential to be huge both in terms of it's success on the field and its' standing in the game...

Time will tell of course … but living in Sydney for many decades now… iI think the support for the new Western Bears in Sydney will prove to be overstated by a lot of people … too much time has passed now …it’s different to the Fitzroy situation in Melbourne for the AFL

there will be some novelty the first few years .but I expect this to wane quickly on the back of likely mid table at best results …I could even see the 1 home Sydney game being done away eventually given the Bears will play in Sydney 4-5 times a year anyway …

I hope that the real success for the team is found in Perth .. 2 million people and an important new market ..going to be a hard slog early though so they better get the right people running the joint and just as importantly getting some decent playing talent over there from the start …

Wb1234

Referee
Time will tell of course … but living in Sydney for many decades now… iI think the support for the new Western Bears in Sydney will prove to be overstated by a lot of people … too much time has passed now …it’s different to the Fitzroy situation in Melbourne for the AFL

there will be some novelty the first few years .but I expect this to wane quickly on the back of likely mid table at best results …I could even see the 1 home Sydney game being done away eventually given the Bears will play in Sydney 4-5 times a year anyway …

I hope that the real success for the team is found in Perth .. 2 million people and an important new market ..going to be a hard slog early though so they better get the right people running the joint and just as importantly getting some decent playing talent over there from the start …
Foundation club

generational support

Perth Red

Post Whore
I don't think this is their new logo. I genuinely hope it isn't as well.

It goes against pretty much all logic. It's not social-media friendly, it's overly detailed & complicated, and it doesn't appear to be an adaption of the NS Bears emblem.

This will likely be a logo designed by the newspaper's graphics guy because they wanted something to accompany the article.
Its not. It's more likely to be a variation of the current logo.

Bukowski

Juniors
South’s winning the grand final was the most watched rugby league game in history

now that you have joined the ranks of foundation clubs you will start to understand what that means
Yet you abandoned your foundation club! Can't mean much to you

Wb1234

Referee
You are right .it is a shame ..

it will prove a smaller version of the return of Souths … much smaller
“And that’s it, we don’t care where they play. The Bears are the Bears,” Gray said. “We’re already planning to go to Western Australia for games. You can’t tell me they’re not the Bears. I’ll be that guy at every away game in that first year – Sydney, Canberra, Brisbane.

“It’s been a bloody long haul for 25 years. To see the Bears back on the field in the NRL, it’ll all be worth it.”