What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WA BEARS

Centy Coast

Juniors
So yellow is out?
No yellow will definately be in there, the logo is nearly sorted then it will be onto the Foundation jersey design.
With so many jerseys each season e.g. home (target WA fans), away (target old Bears fans), Anzac, indigenous, heritage, women in league, I think everybody will be catered for.
The colours of the Western Reds (red, black, white, yellow) and the North Sydney Bears (red, black, white) are so close to each other you really can’t go wrong.

Matt_CBY

Juniors
No yellow will definately be in there, the logo is nearly sorted then it will be onto the Foundation jersey design.
With so many jerseys each season e.g. home (target WA fans), away (target old Bears fans), Anzac, indigenous, heritage, women in league, I think everybody will be catered for.
The colours of the Western Reds (red, black, white, yellow) and the North Sydney Bears (red, black, white) are so close to each other you really can’t go wrong.

Respectfully, not so sure about that. Illawarra and St George were in the same boat. I still think St George Illawarra constantly get their away jersey wrong.

Matt_CBY

Juniors
Pretty sure it will show up somewhere

I would do the bears logo in yellow and keep the jersey traditional bears colours
Im starting to think we’ll get the opposite.

Red and black logo.

Western Reds inspired jersey as the home jersey.

North Sydney inspired jersey as the away. Perhaps the 80’s majority red version?

Plus a North Sydney heritage jersey vs Manly. Based on the 1990’s tri colour jersey.

wb2027

Juniors
Im starting to think we’ll get the opposite.

Red and black logo.

Western Reds inspired jersey as the home jersey.

North Sydney inspired jersey as the away. Perhaps the 80’s majority red version?

Plus a North Sydney heritage jersey vs Manly. Based on the 1990’s tri colour jersey.

They've said the logo will be an adaptation of their current logo, so it just needs to be a 2020's facelift. Any more of a departure then you risk a disconnect with the fanbase they're doing all this to capitalise on.

Western Reds have been gone since 1997. All they share with this club will be the home town and the word "Western".

Jerseys need to be a 100% reboot. Leave the old in the 90's. Heritage round being the only exception.

BuffaloRules

Coach
They've said the logo will be an adaptation of their current logo, so it just needs to be a 2020's facelift. Any more of a departure then you risk a disconnect with the fanbase they're doing all this to capitalise on.

Why ? It’s a logo

They change regularly …at other clubs .. the Sea Eagles logo changed significantly recently ..

let’s be honest mate … you want this team to be 100 percent North Sydney Bears don’t you ? How long before the campaign starts to bring them “home” full time ?

They need to be more worried about connecting with their new market in Perth rather then keeping the Bears fans in Sydney happy

Last edited:

wb2027

Juniors
Why ? It’s a logo ?

They change regularly …at other clubs .. the Sea Eagles logo changed significantly recently ..
The Sea Eagles didn't change to a different eagle, same eagle head, just streamlined. Tigers ditched the claws and simplified the look of the tiger. Bears is only a head to begin with so it doesn't need major alterations. Just the same type of adaptation. Doesn't need to be reinvented.

BuffaloRules

Coach
The Sea Eagles didn't change to a different eagle, same eagle head, just streamlined. Tigers ditched the claws and simplified the look of the tiger. Bears is only a head to begin with so it doesn't need major alterations. Just the same type of adaptation. Doesn't need to be reinvented.

First time they went from the whole bird to just the head … I would say that’s significant… somehow their fan base didn’t appear to be alienated

wb2027

Juniors
First time they went from the whole bird to just the head … I would say that’s significant… somehow their fan base didn’t appear to be alienated
No well they aren't relocating or having another colour included.

Plus the Sea Eagles logo wasn't a universally popular change with all supporters.

BuffaloRules

Coach
No well they aren't relocating or having another colour included.

Plus the Sea Eagles logo wasn't a universally popular change with all supporters.

Oh no .. another colour …

Like I said … you expect this team to just be the Nth Sydney Bears reborn .. and every cosmetic change for the new entity will be fought all the way ..

If your attitudes are typical then this has got circus written all over it

Latest posts