What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WA BEARS

RedVee

First Grade
I’m not sure that WT would revert to Magpies if Balmain left. They have been Wests Tigers for a long time now.

BuffaloRules

Coach
Thats a lot of guess work and what if's on your part.

In effect if NS, or Balmain, walk away from the partnerships then nothing has to change. Like I said license ownership and brand ownership are where the power lies. Who holds them woudl have no obligation to change anything. So if NS get the hump the Western Bears continue just without the NS pathway. Not sure why we are even playing hypotheticals unlikely to happen lol

Yeah no kidding … of course its guess work … They havent even got the nod yet to enter the competition… we know little about the corporate governance of the club yet .,.

But you cannot say that it doesn’t give NS some possible leverage down the track if they adopt the Bears history …

Is Nth Sydney going to be legally committed to remain in the partnership forever ? I doubt it … so if they walk away why would they not take their history with them ?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Yeah no kidding … of course its guess work … They havent even got the nod yet to enter the competition… we know little about the corporate governance of the club yet .,.

But you cannot say that it doesn’t give NS some possible leverage down the track if they adopt the Bears history …

Is Nth Sydney going to be legally committed to remain in the partnership forever ? I doubt it … so if they walk away why would they not take their history with them ?
History? what exactly do you mean? I mean in tangible terms? So we'd drop the NS1908 off the jersey?
All that matters is the brand, location and license. WA will have that all tied up in WA.

BuffaloRules

Coach
History? what exactly do you mean? I mean in tangible terms? So we'd drop the NS1908 off the jersey?
All that matters is the brand, location and license. WA will have that all tied up in WA.

Things like player numbers, premierships … biggest ever winning margin versus Manly … That is a clubs history

Perth Red

Post Whore
Things like player numbers, premierships … biggest ever winning margin versus Manly … That is a clubs history
But how would not having that change anything for the Western Bears? Its just words of things that have happened in the past. theres nothing tangible to it that would change the operations of a club if it suddenly wasn't there.

Bukowski

Juniors
I think all that stuff won't be the clubs history. Joel Caine is wests tigers No1 player as he was the fullback for the first game. He wasn't west magpies no xxx and Balmain tigers no yyy.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Hope some news break soon.

People are going stupid arguing over non-topics
We've had 4 pieces of news out of the WA bid/NSFC this last 2 weeks. Just some seems some are more interested in hypotheticals than the actual news. ie

Name: Western Bears
Colours: Red, Black, Yellow & White
Logo: TBC
Ownership: 100% WA consortium
Home games: 11 Perth, 1 Sydney
Pathways: HM and SG Ball in Perth and NS. NSW cup in NS. Western Bears to supply NSFC with 4 key staff positions.
Investment: Bid has raised the $30mill start up costs.
Preferred game time: 4:30pm Sunday
Recruitment: requesting concessions to approach players 2 years out from contract end, requesting relocation additional payments
Coach: likely to join club early 2026
Govt Support. Confirmed the state Govt will build the club a CofE, rumoured a $300mill upgrade of HBF park is coming
Memberships: The club will work to have an East coast membership for Sydney away games. First membership options will go on sale soon after announcement.

BuffaloRules

Coach
I think all that stuff won't be the clubs history. Joel Caine is wests tigers No1 player as he was the fullback for the first game. He wasn't west magpies no xxx and Balmain tigers no yyy.

I’m glad you can understand the point I’m making ..seems a bit too much for PR..

I have already mentioned that .. the Wests Tigers started from scratch … Western Bears are saying that they consider it “essential to preserve the North Sydney Bears 116 yr history and will consult them to see what is important for them to seek to be intergrated into the new clubs identity “..

Perth Red

Post Whore
I’m glad you can understand the point I’m making ..seems a bit too much for PR..

I have already mentioned that .. the Wests Tigers started from scratch … Western Bears are saying that they consider it “essential to preserve the North Sydney Bears 116 yr history and will consult them to see what is important for them to seek to be intergrated into the new clubs identity “..
None of that really matters in the grand scheme of the operations of running an NRL club and has no bearing on the name of the club if NSFC walked away. Its a respectful thing to do to acknowledge the NSFC history as part of the birth of a new club. That's all.

BuffaloRules

Coach
None of that really matters in the grand scheme of the operations of running an NRL club and has no bearing on the name of the club if NSFC walked away. It’s a respectful thing to do to acknowledge the NSFC history as part of the birth of a new club. That's all.

And if they adopt the history and then North Sydney walks away … do they start again ?

Perth Red

Post Whore
And if they adopt the history and then North Sydney walks away … do they start again ?
Start again with what? They will still be the Western Bears playing in Perth in the same jerseys owned by the same people supported by the same fans.
Who cares if they revert players numbers to #1 from when they kicked off in 2027 if theyve adopted the NSFC historic numbering? It doesnt matter lol

NSFC 1908 - Western Bears 2027.

Matt_CBY

Juniors

Do you like Harry Potter and Lord of the rings?

BuffaloRules

Coach
Start again with what? They will still be the Western Bears playing in Perth in the same jerseys owned by the same people supported by the same fans.
Who cares if they revert players numbers to #1 from when they kicked off in 2027 if theyve adopted the NSFC historic numbering? It doesnt matter lol

You guys are going to get eaten alive I think ..

Latest posts