What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WA BEARS

Wb1234

Immortal
Its relocating it :)

I don't think it will happen for a few years but it doesn't make much sense to run your reserve grade in another state. It may be there is two but that becomes a costly exercise. I guess if Norths are happy to keep funding the NSFC then it isnt such an issue. How the Western Bears farms out players to it and how the logistics of call ups etc will work with the distance and time zones involved time will tell.

It may be that the NSW Bears fanbase no longer feels the need for a nsw cup side if they are on board supporting the Western Bears?
Perth bears v ns bears would be like when Australia played Australia a

Centy Coast

Juniors
I think I'll get my advice on all things rugby league from someone other than a petition writing lunatic. The bears will fail yet again if you're an example of their supporters.

And how do you propose to pay for all this? Car boot sale at norf Sydney hovel?
Why are you even here ?, I’ve tried ignoring you but seriously you are just a pest, a keyboard warrior after a reaction, well you got it “Champ”.
F#ck off to the Raiders forum if you have nothing constructive or informative to offer here.
Such a sad little soul.
Please just go away.

Last edited:

Centy Coast

Juniors
Its relocating it :)

I don't think it will happen for a few years but it doesn't make much sense to run your reserve grade in another state. It may be there is two but that becomes a costly exercise. I guess if Norths are happy to keep funding the NSFC then it isnt such an issue. How the Western Bears farms out players to it and how the logistics of call ups etc will work with the distance and time zones involved time will tell.

It may be that the NSW Bears fanbase no longer feels the need for a nsw cup side if they are on board supporting the Western Bears?
I really don’t think they will move the NSW Cup/reserve grade side, my reasoning is the lure of players from NSW and QLD especially when playing away.
That was one of the main reasons the Melbourne Storm linked with the Bears this season.
It will be good the be a proper NSW Cup reserve grade team though instead of just a feeder club with NRL contracted players spread between three clubs.
The Bears have never fully benefited from being a feeder club.
Rumour has it that there may be a Western Bears announcement as early as next Thursday/Friday ?.

Last edited:

Red&BlackBear

First Grade
Just on the board. Expect the ARLC to initially have oversight over it. I’m not sure if that means a member of the ARLC might also be part of the board to begin with during the early days or if it’s more a case of the Western Bears board needing to be 100% transparent with ARLC in relation to how they run and operate the club + general decision making.

Guess we will see, or maybe we won’t. I’m unsure if the information regarding their involvement at such high management level will be formally released. Either way, it’s only a good thing imo.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Why are you even here ?, I’ve tried ignoring you but seriously you are just a pest, a keyboard warrior after a reaction, well you got it “Champ”.
F#ck off to the Raiders forum if you have nothing constructive or informative to offer here.
Such a sad little soul.
Please just go away.
You boys have a lot of anger.

Red&BlackBear

First Grade
Nah why arlc on the Perth board and not png or anyone else

If I was Perth I would tell the arlc to get stuffed
I can’t speak for PNG but I’d suspect they’ll have 100% oversight and even further involvement with their board considering they lobbied for the money to even conceive the franchise.

Western Bears, I’ve been told is more a case of making sure the right decisions are made in a non Rugby League heartland to ensure the franchise is successful. When you break it down it’s not much different to how News Ltd operated the Storm. Both News Ltd at the time and ARLC now own the game. It’s in their interest to make sure the Western Bears is run well and profitable.

Wb1234

Immortal
I can’t speak for PNG but I’d suspect they’ll have 100% oversight and even further involvement with their board considering they lobbied for the money to even conceive the franchise.

Western Bears, I’ve been told is more a case of making sure the right decisions are made in a non Rugby League heartland to ensure the franchise is successful. When you break it down it’s not much different to how News Ltd operated the Storm. Both News Ltd at the time and ARLC now own the game. It’s in their interest to make sure the Western Bears is run well and profitable.
Fair enough

Perth will be a far easier nut to crack than melbourne

Plus they have the bears firepower and juniors behind them

I’m not worried one bit about this team not being a success on and off the field

jim_57

Staff member
How will Western Bears encourage North Sydney juniors to move to Perth instead of just signing with another Sydney team when they’re getting closer to first grade?

Centy Coast

Juniors
IMG_6038.jpeg

WA had six players selected in the CAS merit team, VIC had six and NT had 1 selected.

Men’s CAS Merit Team

PositionState/NumberName
FullbackWA 1Bailey Millar
WingNT 2Kanae Gimini
CentreVIC 3Tua Junior Tuapa Vaimoa
CentreVIC 19Lehi Taomia
WingWA 19Elijah Beattie
Five-EighthWA 7Korey Craig
HalfbackVIC 7Keni Blair
PropVIC 10Okomaka Talagi
HookerWA 13Taurean Sheehan
PropWA 10Julian Wilson Wylie
Second RowVIC 11Sale Finau
Second RowVIC 16Teofilo Seigafo
LockWA 12Tom Murphy

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
How will Western Bears encourage North Sydney juniors to move to Perth instead of just signing with another Sydney team when they’re getting closer to first grade?
same way melbourne has managed to convince players from nsw and qlnd to move to Melbourne for the last 25 years I suppose.