What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WA BEARS

Gobsmacked

Bench
If Perth don't get the next licence, what will Perth Red do? He's built up a supporter group of at least 10 people..can they transition to simply being a " support group "
With the right guidance , therapy and support group... maybe he could just relocate to where there's a team..?
New Zealand 2 Red ?

Iamback

Coach
If Perth don't get the next licence, what will Perth Red do? He's built up a supporter group of at least 10 people..can they transition to simply being a " support group "
With the right guidance , therapy and support group... maybe he could just relocate to where there's a team..?
New Zealand 2 Red ?

Why would he relocate to where he can't watch AFL?

Maybe he stops pretending to be a RL fan?

Gobsmacked

Bench
Apparently their national comp teams fly to play each other. That would be some coin there, So it is there just needs directing to the right place
Fair point, I did watch some of their final at a packed stadium on ytube and wondered if having an NRL w would undermine the support for that comp..
It would be nice to see 600 million overseen and directly delivered into improving the quality of that comp and the pathways to it.

Iamback

Coach
Fair point, I did watch some of their final at a packed stadium on ytube and wondered if having an NRL w would undermine the support for that comp..
It would be nice to see 600 million overseen and directly delivered into improving the quality of that comp and the pathways to it.

I see the promise with PNG. A fair few question marks that is for sure but the game is already going there. That is a huge starting point, getting the $600m spent in the right areas is the key

Last edited:

Vlad59

Bench
New Zealand 2 Red ?
Maybe he should charge them a supporters licence fee?

Perth Red

Post Whore
New Zealand 2 Red ?
I'll smugly but disappointingly say I told you so. You can go back to sucking Vlandys balls despite his latest failure.

flippikat

First Grade
So now all of a sudden at the last minute PVL is asking WA government to provide 30-60 million fee when they admitted a team less than 5 years ago for $0 ....
Exactly.

The lack of consistency is astounding.

If the Dolphins were asked to pitch-in an expansion fee, the NRL could've asked for $20 mil each from the Dolphins, Perth & NZ 2 (Assuming those are the other two teams along with PNG), and gotten the same $60mil but eased the pressure on Perth & NZ 2 by a third (from $30mil to $20mil)

This is the NRL scrambling to compensate for the error of giving the Dolphins a free-ride.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Exactly.

The lack of consistency is astounding.

If the Dolphins were asked to pitch-in an expansion fee, the NRL could've asked for $20 mil each from the Dolphins, Perth & NZ 2 (Assuming those are the other two teams along with PNG), and gotten the same $60mil but eased the pressure on Perth & NZ 2 by a third (from $30mil to $20mil)

This is the NRL scrambling to compensate for the error of giving the Dolphins a free-ride.
they're making it up as they go, farcical organisation. WA should walk away and wait for a decent commission to be running the game.

Red&BlackBear

First Grade
C
Yeah we know … it’s in the article I just posted….

Your previous mail looks very suspect
No it doesn’t. The issue was more money and the WA Consortium couldn’t get the additional funds.

I mentioned the conservative business model and it was rejected.

I mentioned that the ARLC wanted more money from WA Government. What is suspect?

Wb1234

Immortal
Everything has shifted. NRL and ARLC don’t want to work with WA Consortium. Every chance Bears have a full relocation now but that’s extremely early development. Oh well that’s business.

Clearly telling the wa govt they need to find another partner than Cummins

Bears will end up either owning the lot or owning half

Cummins arrogance has cost him