What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WA BEARS

How many of those watched League already, the majority I`d guess.

And Melbourne got 550k, what`s the difference here.
Ratings will show that Qlders watch the extra Qld based team, pretty easy to see that.
Melbourne are already part of the NRL, News backed them for 15 years or more, that's how they survived. Perth bid does not have a News. PNG has the Aust govt.
Besides that, 419K more viewers.

Gobsmacked

Bench
Asking anyone to pay a fee, when the clubs get the majority of their funding is just paper shuffling.
Heard of math?
It's tricky but here goes..
The Nrl get no money and in the first year handed out 17 million.. and the second, third ect after 10 years It's cost 170 million..

The Nrl get 50 million in the first year..
After 10 years how much has it cost the NRL?
I'll give you a hint.. it's not 170 million.

MugaB

Coach
There are multiple teams in this competition who won’t go close to winning a competition in any of our lifetimes, yet we want to add more clubs who won’t win anything in our lifetime. Hopefully this means we pull the brakes on everything. We should be demoting a few sides to NSW Cup in reality
Fk me, expansion is about adding more clubs to the existing competition, not creating another dumb superleague, and culling what we have that us working... its that type of mentality that created the SL war and stagnated RL 30 years ago..
You shouldn't be on the expansion forum if you want to delete clubs from 1st grade...
You want a pass flag comp, go watch afl

Colk

First Grade
Fk me, expansion is about adding more clubs to the existing competition, not creating another dumb superleague, and culling what we have that us working... its that type of mentality that created the SL war and stagnated RL 30 years ago..
You shouldn't be on the expansion forum if you want to delete clubs from 1st grade...
You want a pass flag comp, go watch afl

Your post doesn’t make sense. You are worried about ‘supporters’ create a better competition and put teams that can actually compete.

MugaB

Coach
Your post doesn’t make sense. You are worried about ‘supporters’ create a better competition and put teams that can actually compete.
Where did I said "supporters" culling existing clubs doesn't make a competition better, the reason the comp is starting to grow now and get better is coz its not trying to chop off parts of its body.
1st grade clubs, create 1st grade players, you will downgrade the competition over time, if culling them from 1st grade

Last edited:

Matt_CBY

Juniors
There are multiple teams in this competition who won’t go close to winning a competition in any of our lifetimes, yet we want to add more clubs who won’t win anything in our lifetime. Hopefully this means we pull the brakes on everything. We should be demoting a few sides to NSW Cup in reality
Lmfao. Are you 80?

@Colk , what @MugaB is saying is, look at what happened with the Reds. The ARL let them into the competition without due process and let them get flushed down the drain. The NRL does not want that to happen ever again, and if they think this bid is not right, then so be it. They haven't even taken it to the clubs , they said they can't because it's just not up to standard.

i0Nic

Juniors
Man f**k rich cities like Perth and their money, the NRL are onto something with expanding to the third world. Let’s double down and get the Bangladesh Bears up and the Djibouti Jets.

Latest posts