What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WA BEARS

wb2027

Juniors
WA govt has been clear from the outset they have no intention of owning a club. If they were happy to stump up the $30mill license fee they'd have done so and the WA consortium would still be in play.

Im a 'whats best for WA rugby league' supporter. And thats a WA club, not a fifo East coast club.

The NRL have been against having the Bears back in NSW for longer than they've wanted them to set up shop in WA. An NRL-owned and operated Bears in WA has no chance of becoming a fifo East Coast club.

Cactus

Juniors
Run this parallel with the benchmark being set by PNG, underwritten by a federal government in money printing mode

That's it in a nutshell.

Two totally different concepts, worlds apart.

There is almost certainly benchmarking going on with the Dolphins but there is no comparison with PNG, let alone setting it as a benchmark.

Dont know how you guys could come up with that theory.

MugaB

Coach
The theory I've seen bandied about is that PVL is trying to strongarm the WA premier Roger Cook into handing over more government money for the bid.
I don't think it's about WA government money, I mean they've very publicly said they'll back a team, if they get the license, but only thru investment in infrastructure towards it, I reckon PVLs is pissed coz cumins promised something that hasn't delivered in funds/assets if the team goes sideways... redcliffe has assets, most clubs do, there's nothing on offer from them, they are just keen on getting a licence for nothing, I told you all they aren't giving out expansion licences for free, you got to grease the voting clubs wheels, otherwise it's moot, notice how the article doesn't make out the wa govt or the bears as the bad guys
And it seems thebid is still salvageable, depending on who's really running it.... I don't think cumins was ever going to take point, especially if he wasn't going to play ball with the arlc...

....Just ask tinkler for a jet, and be done with perf

Last edited:
Did Dolphins pay a license fee? If so, strange that the WA bid team thought they could get away with $0

I do not believe so, or if they did it was much lower. That's because the Dolphins NRL team's finances were being guaranteed by the Redcliffe Dolphins Leagues Club, which is a financial powerhouse.

MugaB

Coach
I do not believe so, or if they did it was much lower. That's because the Dolphins NRL team's finances were being guaranteed by the Redcliffe Dolphins Leagues Club, which is a financial powerhouse.
Both east tigers and redcliffe dolphins were cashed up and had significant assets... perf has cuMins, who flogs off a few rentals for CASH

Fangs

Coach
I'm talking about the cash converter moron that keeps fking the perf bid

Which is why we must respect the surname.

Cumin, Cum, Cummins, Cummings, Comeing, Come in. Only one carries the respect of a nation.

Imagine spelling Benaud with an O on the end. Another wonderful Penrith boy.

Latest posts