What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WA BEARS

Kurt Angle

First Grade
Without pvl there would be no expansion

I get that. I'm not disputing expansion, there's a lot of goodwill created in the past 2 years and V'Landys has played a role in that
He’s doing no damage to the Perth bid it’s all self inflicted because Cummins is an idiot

I can tell you right now, the Eagles and Dockers commercial managers ringing every major company in Perth right now, leading with "don't waste your time with the NRL,they're a mess and will fail like last time" and already sucking sponsorship dollars away,even if the bid gets up

It would have been better to settle this behind closed doors,then V'Landys take the Bears and all their sponsors to Vegas in 2028, permanently entrenching sponsorship riches into the Bears

BuffaloRules

Coach

According to this the Sydney kings guy and Paul kind were added as investors to the bid at a late stage, something that caught the Arlc by surprise given no mention before

Cumins says in the Fordham interview that they were included in the bid document …

i gotta be honest …I don’t get the problem with this?

BuffaloRules

Coach
I get that. I'm not disputing expansion, there's a lot of goodwill created in the past 2 years and V'Landys has played a role in that

I can tell you right now, the Eagles and Dockers commercial managers ringing every major company in Perth right now, leading with "don't waste your time with the NRL,they're a mess and will fail like last time" and already sucking sponsorship dollars away,even if the bid gets up

It would have been better to settle this behind closed doors,then V'Landys take the Bears and all their sponsors to Vegas in 2028, permanently entrenching sponsorship riches into the Bears

I agree with doing this behind closed doors part …

But should they have just agreed to pay the fee after they were told too?

They are acquiring something of value right?

Wb1234

Immortal
Cumins says in the Fordham interview that they were included in the bid document …

The article I posted says the same

The issue was the arl had never heard about them being involved till they opened up the bid docs

Kind was effectively sacked from the nrl and the other issue was why they couldn’t source any Perth based investors

Perth Red

Post Whore

According to this the Sydney kings guy and Paul kind were added as investors to the bid at a late stage, something that caught the Arlc by surprise given no mention before
I dont know how, Cumins had been talking about east coast investors for months and they were identified in the bid document.

Wb1234

Immortal

I don’t think the eagles or dockers are struggling with getting investors on board an afl dominated state

This is exactly how pvl negotiated with the Australian govt over png and they fell into line

Wb1234

Immortal
I dont know how, Cumins had been talking about east coast investors for months and they were identified in the bid document.
Just tell your mate Cummins to hurry up and pay that 20 million

Bc I guarantee you if an nz bids does pony up the cash they will be next with png

Kurt Angle

First Grade

It a red herring, to guise as overall failings

The gig is
* You failed due to one point (license fee)

Vs

* You failed due to multiple points (license fee, mystery board members, etc,etc)

The latter makes it look systemic

A solitary point means (settle that one thing and move on, and for God's sake do it in private)

This is V'Landys flaw all over

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
I agree with doing this behind closed doors part …

But should they have just agreed to pay the fee after they were told too?

They are acquiring something of value right?
Depends, matter of principle or practicality?
If they've got $30mill to get the club up and running do you want to see 2/3rds of that disappear out the door? that probably makes the start up unviable. 'Just' finding another $20mill is no small thing I wouldnt think?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Just tell your mate Cummins to hurry up and pay that 20 million

Bc I guarantee you if an nz bids does pony up the cash they will be next with png
Good on them, if a NZ bid can front up $50mill cash and the NRl doesnt want $450mill WA tax payer investment then go for it.

Kurt Angle

First Grade
I don’t think the eagles or dockers are struggling with getting investors on board an afl dominated state

They won't be doing it because they short of a coin

They'll be doing is to harm a competitor

This is exactly how pvl negotiated with the Australian govt over png and they fell into line

I don't think V'Landys flashed dirty laundry in public accusing DFAT or Albo of being skint

Last edited:

Latest posts