What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WA BEARS

Pippen94

First Grade
What I don’t understand is how the WA Bears bid did not attract big WA money or support from the mining and other sectors there. The NRL is a massive Australian sport and surely worth investing in. Instead we got a pawn broker. I am mystified.

Wonder why nobody wants to work with Perth consortium?!

Kurt Angle

First Grade
Kind was effectively sacked from the nrl and the other issue was why they couldn’t source any Perth based investors

They have ceased looking for help

They wanted some Sydney based people to be close to NRL headquarters

Once they got this in place and pretty much eliminating all risk, they could sell to investors then at higher multiples

BuffaloRules

Coach
Depends, matter of principle or practicality?
If they've got $30mill to get the club up and running do you want to see 2/3rds of that disappear out the door? that probably makes the start up unviable. 'Just' finding another $20mill is no small thing I wouldnt think?

Well … what are they doing now ( today) then ? It seems like they are trying to find the money ?

it seems to me that despite being told it was required ..they just fobbed it off … and thought they would get by anyway …. Yeah I dont agree with everything PVL is doing…. But that seems naive

Perth Red

Post Whore

Once they got this in place and pretty much eliminating all risk, they could sell to investors then at higher multiples
Look at what the Sydney investors have achieved and what there business is. Perfect part owners Id have said.

Wb1234

Immortal
Good on them, if a NZ bid can front up $50mill cash and the NRl doesnt want $450mill WA tax payer investment then go for it.
They are spending 150 million on a ground to be shared by 3 sports

The only real money league is getting is the coe and juniors lmao

Pippen94

First Grade
Because they are not yet confident enough in the sport in WA, the entire state still has a memory of the Reds, even after 30 years

As with my post about transparency, poor communication and a Bears fetish...

This has already done harm. It eeks of V'Landys' bullying methods, and even if a working solution comes about in the next 2 weeks, a lot of harm has been done by this

Cummins is from the north of England, he ain't doing this out of anything other than loyalty to the sport

Rubbish. NRL should demand strong bids.

Wb1234

Immortal

The article says kind and kings guy were added as investors to the bid

Latest posts