What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WA BEARS

Vlad59

Bench
I don’t think they have a huge issue with kind either

It’s that it was never discussed with them before they were put into the bid document as investors
Maybe they do

wb2027

Juniors
The clubs won't like it if it's gone from getting a bigger grant to allow for expansion to the ARLC paying to run an expansion team. That's gotta be plan Z
That's if they were told they were getting a bigger grant, which I wouldn't gather is the case since they didn't even stipulate a figure to the bidders and decided to collection basket it.

Gobsmacked

Bench
The clubs won't like it if it's gone from getting a bigger grant to allow for expansion to the ARLC paying to run an expansion team. That's gotta be plan Z
I think Perth miss out on 18 but they propose it as a location for x date ( probably 2029) and allow all willing parties to assemble the best bid and backers over the coming years to fight it out. I bet we'll get a few and none will be offering zero!

Perth Red

Post Whore
They allowed the Dolphins to come in without being bribed

The fee is meant to be "if you fall over, we dont want to dip into NRL savings to clean up the mess"

It was waived for the dolphins because Redcliffe Leagues said "it's ok, we will clean up any ness - guaranteed "
Thats not what its for. The dolphins were told to get a $5mill a year bank surety guarantee in case they got into financial difficulties. The NRl could have done the same with WA if that was a concern.

The license renegotiations are about to begin with the existing clubs. The NRL wants this money to grease the wheels of that negotiation.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Nontheless they were told and still put in zero as their bid

The 20 million was to be paid over two seasons as well so the impact was not as harsh
yeh, what's ten mill a year between friends lol
it would take most clubs 20 years to make that much money!

BuffaloRules

Coach
Thats not what its for. The dolphins were told to get a $5mill a year bank surety guarantee in case they got into financial difficulties. The NRl could have done the same with WA if that was a concern.

The license renegotiations are about to begin with the existing clubs. The NRL wants this money to grease the wheels of that negotiation.

The Dolphins and WA are completely different concerns …

Perth Red

Post Whore
The Dolphins and WA are completely different concerns …
doesn't change the issue of what the license fee is actually being demanded for. Its not a bank guarantee in case the NRl has to bail them out at some point, its a bribe for the clubs next month. And its not even to bribe them to choose WA, the bid submission included a letter from every club supporting WA inclusion.

Latest posts