What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WA BEARS

Perth Red

Post Whore
Cummins said no to investment from investors associated with the bears

Cummins isn’t crucial to this bid he himself offers little value ad in terms of money

The wa govt want the tourism benefits they will deal with whatever bid the arl puts forward
stop believing social media, there has never been any public statement made by anyone on your first point.

You have zero idea of what investor is putting in what.

Th govt has always said they are agnostic and will support a WA NRL club. But there has to be one for them to support. Without the Western Bears bid there isnt one, the only option is NRL starting one up, and then it costing them $50mill instead of just accepting not getting $20mill. Great bit of business that lol

Wb1234

Immortal
stop believing social media, there has never been any public statement made by anyone on your first point.

You have zero idea of what investor is putting in what.

Th govt has always said they are agnostic and will support a WA NRL club. But there has to be one for them to support. Without the Western Bears bid there isnt one, the only option is NRL starting one up, and then it costing them $50mill instead of just accepting not getting $20mill. Great bit of business that lol
Bears ownership

One of my good friends is great mates with Michael Searle. When the whole shyte gabang went down with the Titans my mate defended Searle and his "supposed" actions to the hilt, and so he should, thats a mate of his.
In saying that, he wasn't listening clear enough to what exactly happened, he was only taking info from Searle.
After about 5 years he finally admitted to me that Searle had fecked up, but his heart was in the right place.
I see correlations going on in here.

For those who keep hampering on about other teams who have joined the NRL after inception and not having to pay a fee.
If the NRL back in mid 00's had done their due diligence with the Titans, there would not have been the train wreck it became.
The NRL does not want another Titans scenario.
Think of it this way, if the Cumins Consort put up the $20M without question, guess what they would have achieved?
They would have achieved a guarantee from the NRL that they would gain the same cut as every other team, and they would have bought a guarantee of survival, just like every other team gets.

One day supporters of Cumins will see that he really did f*&k this up.

Dragonwest

Juniors
One of my good friends is great mates with Michael Searle. When the whole shyte gabang went down with the Titans my mate defended Searle and his "supposed" actions to the hilt, and so he should, thats a mate of his.
In saying that, he wasn't listening clear enough to what exactly happened, he was only taking info from Searle.
After about 5 years he finally admitted to me that Searle had fecked up, but his heart was in the right place.

For those who keep hampering on about other teams who have joined the NRL after inception and not having to pay a fee.
If the NRL back in mid 00's had done their due diligence with the Titans, there would not have been the train wreck it became.
Think of it this way, if the Cumins Consort put up the $20M without question, guess what they would have achieved?
They would have achieved a guarantee from the NRL that they would gain the same cut as every other team, and they would have bought a guarantee of survival, just like every other team gets.

So ask for a $20 million dollar bank guarantee .... not a license fee.

Kurt Angle

First Grade
Apparently the Auckland a league bid is also funding their own stadium too

Why can’t Perth attract investors like that

Because they haven't finished yet

They want the admission so they can go to further investors.

They'll have 3 years after the announcement

Matt_CBY

Juniors
no he didnt, not according to the consortium. They had a casual conversation a few months ago on that topic. The bid obviously felt it was offering enough in terms of value and $480mill investment. Not an unfair assumption I suppose.

Why have an open question like: how much would you pay in license fee? if you have a $20mill expectation. Its farcical for a tender to do that then base the outcome on that one issue that wasn't even a set criteria. Amateur hour by the NRL.
Cumins is an amateur. Not as much as you are though.

Kurt Angle

First Grade

Then outright ask for $20 million, instead of putting in a blank field and say "pay what you feel like"

Sources indicate the WA consortium already has access to at least $4 million for this fee, I dictating ONCE again this is about wily suffering benchmarks that no one was clear on

It seems none of the NZ bids have this either, the only one who does is PNG, and that's due to the federal government printing it

Yet it didn't appear on any document as a requisite, indicating if they did, probably every tender would have 2nd thoughts, if not disappear outright.

Wouldn't inspire confidence if this expansion plan by the NRL had no bids

We will have to wait some time before all information comes to hand here, before we start casting stones

Perth Red

Post Whore

and maybe if the NRL had asked for a $20mill license fee in August the bid would have included it? Or decided they couldnt reach that investment amount and saved their time and money?
By all accounts the NRL hasnt come back to the bid and said you need to find this money by X date. They publicly started trashing the bid on GF day before theyd even spoen with them. I should be shocked by their behaviour but seen it so many times with Vlandys that it isnt a surprise at all to me.

Latest posts