What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WA BEARS

Perth Red

Post Whore
The only deflection here is you from the truth and your love affair with Cumins mate.

Bears under the watch of PVL are worth something, so much so he is willing to directly negotiate with WA Government to come to a compromise and agreement.

I’d rather the bid be actually worthwhile and people behind it competent in their decision making to just willy nilly accept any Joe Blogs who clearly isn’t up to the rigours of running and operating an NRL club in this business. There are other people far more suited to the role.

You’re the one who should be praying that these better suited people step up. You threw your best man at this and he dropped his lollies.

So please by all means keep deflecting and arguing on the truths for what reason? To save face for Cumins on an internet board where we have reached the consensus that he isn’t the man required?

Lastly, if your horse is John Sackson than he doesn’t know what’s going on either.

It’s not me (someone that’ll follow Bears in WA) who you need to be attempting to smell the horse shit. It’s yourself who you need to convince that you’re smelling horse shit and get some sense into you mate and move on.
Nope, I have been very clear all along, I want a WA NRL club run by WA people for the benefit of RL in WA. Thats my motivation.

WA govt will not own and run this club. nor are they likely to pay the $50mill start up costs it needs. So that leaves the NRL to fund and run it, or somehow find other investors willing to sink $50mill in it. Neither seem likely scenarios.

So that leads us back to the group you seem to want to hate on so much finding a way to get past this hurdle. or no more Bears, Western or anywhere else. Once reserve grade returns clubs like yours will be nothing more than pokie companies with a bit of local jnr sport.

and no John isnt the person who rang me this week for a chat. We had a good talk last week though when things were looking rosy!

Matt_CBY

Juniors
I asked you earlier this week if you’re actually a supporter of a WA based side or a WA based side that requires Cumins to be part of it.

The more the week passes the more it’s clear that you’re a Cumins supporter first and foremost and a WA club by any other means second.
He is a cumins lacky.

He won’t answer relevant questions regarding it.

Matt_CBY

Juniors
Never met the man. Its good for you to deflect onto me personally to avoid having to answer questions but maybe you should consider whats being asked rather than whose asking it? The irony is the bid not getting up puts the chances of you ever seeing your beloved Bears back in the NRL at slim to none. You should be praying the bid can work this out. This your best, and maybe last, chance to follow an NRL Bears team.
Oh the salt.

Come on Admins. Suspend his account again

i0Nic

Juniors
One of my big worries here is that NRL seem to care more about (1) Norths and (2) Having more teams for TV deal and growing the game in WA seems a distant (3) in priority.

Is Western Bears truly about supporting and growing the game in WA like we all want or is it just a mechanic to get Norths back??

Red&BlackBear

First Grade
Nope, I have been very clear all along, I want a WA NRL club run by WA people for the benefit of RL in WA. Thats my motivation.

WA govt will not own and run this club. nor are they likely to pay the $50mill start up costs it needs. So that leaves the NRL to fund and run it, or somehow find other investors willing to sink $50mill in it. Neither seem likely scenarios.

So that leads us back to the group you seem to want to hate on so much finding a way to get past this hurdle. or no more Bears, Western or anywhere else. Once reserve grade returns clubs like yours will be nothing more than pokie companies with a bit of local jnr sport.

and no John isnt the person who rang me this week for a chat. We had a good talk last week though when things were looking rosy!

I don’t hate any group. I’m just calling their incompetence out and for what it’s worth I did the same thing towards Norths and Daniel Dickson when it looked like negotiations with said WA Consortium were about to break down.

I criticised the crap out of them and if it were to fail, push to have Dickson removed from his board position. At this stage of life and business, competence is the most important asset someone can have.

As for all the other crap you’re crapping on about. It’s boring, move on and get behind what is instead of what isn’t. You can’t fight the past events of this week but sure as shit can push for the events currently happening and that potentially can happen.

Red&BlackBear

First Grade
One of my big worries here is that NRL seem to care more about (1) Norths and (2) Having more teams for TV deal and growing the game in WA seems a distant (3) in priority.

Is Western Bears truly about supporting and growing the game in WA like we all want or is it just a mechanic to get Norths back??
Considering they had all the autonomy (WA) then yes it’s was WA first and foremost. Otherwise they would have been insistent in Norths having a say outside brand and IP.

Perth Red

Post Whore

Thats everyone over here's concern. Hence we are so adamant it needs WA ownership to make sure we arent a bit player in the east coast myopia of the NRL.

Gobsmacked

Bench

If you ever want to see an NRL team in Perth. You need to be as far away as possible.

Bukowski

Bench

The latter I think, the fact that it's come out that they had to partner with Norths says it all. Then PVL comes out and reassures norths fans that will be ok.

flippikat

First Grade
VERY good question, and it's increasingly looking like the NRL using Perth as "a means to an end" - the end being the Bears back as some big hat-tip to NSW folks' sense of nostalgia.

Pippen94

First Grade

Which city did Sydney kings investors come from?!

Pippen94

First Grade
Correct, so the the justification for waiving the Dolphins fee makes no sense.

Arguing that there is a fee to get a slice of the pie, but then that other group doesn't need to pay for their slice because they could bake their own pie if needed doesn't make any sense.

Great, no fee & then poorly funded team needs bailing out.

Latest posts