What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wagss to Jim Beam Cup

PARRACHILEAN

Juniors
To My fellow Parra fans ....

Last week i had mentioned the fact that Daniel wagons performance over the last three seasons had been diabolical. Not worther of wearing the blue and gold jersey and should be playing park footy....

Monday
Daniel Wagon PerformancesPerformanceTotalMinutes on field63 minHitups5 :( Mtrs Gained19 mtrs :( Tackles34 ;-) Support Runs0 :x Injuries i wishSecond Phase play0 Passes4kicks0knockons0Missed tackles5speed off linePoor at bestPenalties0Try Assist0

In conclusion Daniel Wagon should not get a start on the bench after that peromance from a so called forward. He is slow over weight and doesn't contribute to the side and besides the tackles he is useless. As i have stated before we should bring in youth such as paulo or huraki before wags causes a bigger problem.

Bigfella

Coach
And the format makes it pretty hard to read.

Although I didn't miss the heading "Injuries: I Wish" LOL

hineyrulz

Post Whore
He made some tackles on Monday night, but he offered absolute zero in attack. We just can't carry 3 the backrowers in the side plus Hindy. 4 props for Sunday please Hagen.

The Colonel

Immortal
Gee, that was disappointing..... I expected much better than that to be honest.

That said however there weren't too many who offered much in attack anyway. Sure there were a few players who made metres but making them and doing something with them are two different things. I thought Wags made two runs that actually could have been quite good had someone been trailing him through.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
forward pass said:
So who did ???
Well lets get someone in that can offer something in attack, Wags,I Hindy and Robbo are all the same type of player. We need someone that can offer something different. They are in theside and Hindy is still making over 60 tackles per match.

The Colonel

Immortal
Wagon made 34

Ian made 18 (in twenty minutes)

Chad made 29

Riddell, Cayless and Cordoba also made 30 tackles a piece.

If the tackle rates of the other players were considerably lower I can see your point - the fact of the matter is we made 395 tackles to the Dragons 313 - 14 more sets. If we stopped handing the ball over the tackles rates are a damn site lower.

Stagger eel

Staff member
it just goes to show what sort of impact it had on the team when Ian went down, to think that he won't be here next year frightens me..

PARRACHILEAN

Juniors
Hey fish eel if you want more info i can give it to you but i did not want to bore you. But i feel we have covered all angles of the game WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT.
With reagrds to who tackled the most that obvious its hindmarsh, with regards to the format i had it table format but when i posted the thread changed format
But besides all that really you can see that daniel wagon is a useless liability. over weight player not worth the money were paying him. bring paulo / huraki / faoso up and send wagon to park football.

fish eel

Immortal
PARRACHILEAN said:
Hey fish eel if you want more info i can give it to you but i did not want to bore you. But i feel we have covered all angles of the game WHAT MORE DO YOU .

Oh it wouldnt bore me, I was just hoping for some more quantative analysis....numbers are fine, but what do they mean?

PARRACHILEAN

Juniors
dear colonoel he was on the park 63 min and only 5 hitups and 34 tackles it bloody pathetic stop sticking up for him please

The Colonel

Immortal
PARRACHILEAN said:
dear colonoel he was on the park 63 min and only 5 hitups and 34 tackles it bloody pathetic stop sticking up for him please

When you can put forward an argument that is a lot more convincing than the one you have at the moment, I'll stop sticking up for him. I can go and buy RLW and get the stats you have put up......

PARRACHILEAN

Juniors
fish eel normally numbers speak for themselves if you think that wagon had a satisfactory game your kidding yourself.
34 tackles and 5 hitups = 63 min ( unsatisfactory for a senior first grader)
and he will do the same for next week. you watch

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Ian has been great for us this season, he was a big loss when he went off monday. He clearly has been better than Wags and Robbo IMO. Wagon has struggled since he has come back from injury.

PARRACHILEAN

Juniors
colonel last week and quote you wrote this
"Cooper Cronk sure as hell got sick of seeing Daniel Wagon on Friday...... Jamie Soward or Gaz will probably mark him off their Xmas card list as well"

If i remmember correctly wagon missed a tackle on gaz which created a try for rangi chase. know is that a fair argument on his game on monday night ...

fish eel

Immortal
PARRACHILEAN said:
fish eel normally numbers speak for themselves if you think that wagon had a satisfactory game your kidding yourself.
34 tackles and 5 hitups = 63 min ( unsatisfactory for a senior first grader)

what if of the 34 tackles, 5 forced errors and 5 were try savers. Or were they all 'flops'?
Thats the detail missing from your report ;-)

forward pass

Coach
hineyrulz said:
Well lets get someone in that can offer something in attack, Wags,I Hindy and Robbo are all the same type of player. We need someone that can offer something different. They are in theside and Hindy is still making over 60 tackles per match.

You mean someone like Mateo (ineffective), Moi Moi (ineffective), Piggy (ineffective).

I do take your point about them being the same type of player but even Hindy had no impact the other night.

As for Hindys 60 tackles - 40 of them were flops and leg pulls - they need to stop counting them.

Bigfella

Coach
5 hitups is pretty hard to cop TBH.

If the tackle rates of the other players were considerably lower I can see your point - the fact of the matter is we made 395 tackles to the Dragons 313 - 14 more sets. If we stopped handing the ball over the tackles rates are a damn site lower.

I also think that if we had better go forward, we would be under far less pressure with our handling.

We keep getting choked out of games after 10 or 15 minutes - we are constantly losing the battle for metres - then we are under pressure from the defense and start coughing it up ...

It s#%ts me to tears when displays like the other night get put down to ball handling alone (not saying Colonel is doing that but coaches and players always do).

Latest posts