What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Waiting in the Wings

vvvrulz

Coach
I haven't written of Fisiiahi yet. I'd love to see something done with him. The club doesn't seem to have any vision for him.

Yeah he had a shocker earlier this year but on the back of Topou's form he does deserve another fair try out on the wing. He needs to stay the hell away from fullback though.

Meth

Staff member
I'm not sure, but the rumour was that he was adamant he wanted to play fullback...not that this should matter.

ozbash

Referee
I'm not sure, but the rumour was that he was adamant he wanted to play fullback...not that this should matter.

Ok, so he wanted the team built around him, not him fitting into the team. Should have been nipped in the bud.

I have seen the guy play brilliantly in both positions, when he's good, he's great,, when he's off.....

vvvrulz

Coach
Ok, so he wanted the team built around him, not him fitting into the team. Should have been nipped in the bud.

Damn straight. Don't want to see any more of this attitude next year, either play where you're damn well told to or get lost.

Warmess

Juniors
We shouldn't have signed him to a 4 year deal or whatever it was. Any deal over 3 years in the NRL never seem to eventuate to anything good.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Can't believe some people are writing/have written him off based on 3-4 games this season. He will be a good first grader if he gets a decent run injury wise and a coach gives him a good crack at it.

Drzoidberg

Juniors
Whatever happened to Elijah Niko. Remember him going to Melbourne but haven't heard anything on him since. Would have rather had him waiting in the wings at the vulcans over someone like Collier

Last I heard he was at the cowboys. Signed for depth after Tonga and Bani left last season.

Iafeta

Referee
Niko's been to three clubs now and has never been near first grade.

FEddie's on the money here. The bloke was fairly good, definitely was solid, in 2011. I'm hopeful we're learning some lessons about the jump from NYC to First Grade. KTF is on the money, a lot of those blokes have ability, but they need time in the Vulcans before they're considered first grade material. I'm almost certain if you put Bill back to compete in NYC with those fellows he'd carve up. He had a very good NYC career as a young lad as it was.

He was ordinary, but geesh, there's a long long line of blokes you'd attach that label to at the Warriors in 2012. Hopefully with a proper coach and not some mickey mouse local doosey we can see these guys develop to their potential.

Meth

Staff member
I'd love to see Fisiiahi playing outside a decent five eighth or a centre who knows how to setup his outside man.

Sigh

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Niko's been to three clubs now and has never been near first grade.

FEddie's on the money here. The bloke was fairly good, definitely was solid, in 2011. I'm hopeful we're learning some lessons about the jump from NYC to First Grade. KTF is on the money, a lot of those blokes have ability, but they need time in the Vulcans before they're considered first grade material. I'm almost certain if you put Bill back to compete in NYC with those fellows he'd carve up. He had a very good NYC career as a young lad as it was.

He was ordinary, but geesh, there's a long long line of blokes you'd attach that label to at the Warriors in 2012. Hopefully with a proper coach and not some mickey mouse local doosey we can see these guys develop to their potential.

:lol: nah mate I was talking about The Fish.But yeah Tupou deserves another crack, I thought he did some good stuff in the back end of the 2011 season.

ramraider275

Juniors
we need a winger with genuine pace and can find pace an use it. IMO billy and manu to slow, fish still a prospect, just needs some more gym work IMO heard he's made of glass.

tangalife

Juniors
do you really want a guy who has basically said himself hes not confident as a winger (fish).

he did admit he was going to re-try at wing but shit hes not really a winger at all ATM.

i dunno about goodwin, go to the bulldogs forum, there is a hate thread for him there lol.

MKEB...

Staff member
the last two wingers we bought (Pre Inu) were on a par with tupou IIRC Kemp and Crockett...neither of them lived up to their billings with us. I tend to think surely we have some decent wingers come through the ranks in NZ. Why should we have to shell out for a winger.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
do you really want a guy who has basically said himself hes not confident as a winger (fish).

he did admit he was going to re-try at wing but shit hes not really a winger at all ATM.

i dunno about goodwin, go to the bulldogs forum, there is a hate thread for him there lol.

Seems a mixed reaction to him there. A lot of knee jerking based on one or two performances, by the looks. I haven't much if anything of him this year.

We shouldn't have to shell out for wingers. We should be able to find natural talent, of which there is loads of in this country, and make it work. But it doesn't seem like we can.