What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Waiting in the Wings

hitro

Juniors
What about Declan ODonnel of sevens and Waikato. He strikes me as a great kid in the SBW mould, could play wing or elsewhere in the team, big and fast and nimble.

maddest_kiwi

Juniors
What about Declan ODonnel of sevens and Waikato. He strikes me as a great kid in the SBW mould, could play wing or elsewhere in the team, big and fast and nimble.

He's well stitched up by the NZRFU - contracts with WRU and the the Chiefs Super Franchise. As soon as he tore up the sevens circuit they locked him up. Your right though he's a talented kid.

One Warrior

Bench
Googled him, 34 and has retired and says he won't be coming back for another season in England, intends to move back to New Zealand, let the Mole be wrong please.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
It could just be the old story of 'he's coming back to Auckland, the Warriors are in Auckland..bingo. Story done. Pub o'clock'

Although I guess on minimum wage, as back-up, it wouldn't be too much of an issue. Sounds like he's still playing decent football. But it wouldn't be the significant business we need to be doing.

blain

Juniors
Heard he's carved up in ESL, but was average in NRL. If he is signed for cheap as one of our 25-30 (in terms of squad number) "group" of back up players, then all good.

WTF? This is not good enough. FFS this club is pissing me off by the day. Carmont is a 34 year old nuffie. I would rather sign an old Toopi back.

hitman82

Bench
Retired from ESL, 35 in June... f**k no. That'd make us a joke.

haha... maybe Carmont was Bell's top-secret marquee signing from the England trip. His retirement was all a ploy.

playdaball

Bench
Pretty sure Stowers has a rugby league background. Agree that the warriors should be looking at him - desperately need wingers

Rambo1'

Juniors
Should throw some money Zac Guilfords way. Quick and good under the high ball. 3x the defender Fisiahi is.

ozbash

Referee
Should throw some money Zac Guilfords way. Quick and good under the high ball. 3x the defender Fisiahi is.

Falls into the "dickhead" category..

If Robbie Fruen doesnt get the call this week, then throw everything including the kitchen sink at him..

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
If Robbie Fruean was an athlete completely committed to the cause and to be the best sportsman he could be, he'd have been an All Black by now. No reason to believe he's worth the coin in league

Fast Eddie

First Grade
That depends, I'd say he would be worth close to 200-250k. Which is probably quite a bit more than he makes in Union I'd imagine.