What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Waldron has explosive tell-all book in works

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://www.smh.com.au/sport/parra-set-sleuth-hunting-for-rorts-20100529-wmdx.html

Waldron has explosive tell-all book in works

BRIAN WALDRON
is in the process of penning a tell-all autobiography that will lift the lid on the Melbourne salary-cap saga. In what promises to be one of the most explosive Australian sporting books ever published, the former Storm boss is expected to name and shame all of those who were privy to the dodgy deals that took place at the disgraced club. The Last Word has been told that some of league's biggest powerbrokers should be very nervous about the the revelations. It's understood that dealings with players, managers and officials will be laid bare. Waldron has kept a low profile since the Storm rorting scandal broke but is set to come good on his promise to ''tell everything I know'' when the tome hits book-stands. We're tipping News Ltd will also be nervous about the revelations. In his only interview on the Storm saga, Waldron told Fairfax last month: ''I am … prepared to give the entire background to Rupert Murdoch so that he has a full understanding of how his company has managed a $66 million investment in the Melbourne Storm since its inception.'' Sounds like nitroglycerine.

the former Storm boss is expected to name and shame all of those who were privy to the dodgy deals that took place at the disgraced club.
we already know who was 'privy to the dodgy deals' IT WAS YOU! f**k me dead he set up the whole shebang now he is going to point the finger at who was involved? here's a tip brian you will need a mirror

Karlos

Juniors
Disgraces the club and the goes for maximum profit out of it. He really shouldn't show his face in Victoria ever again. We can only hope he never gets a job in professional sporting administration in this or any other country. Wanker!

Gaba

First Grade
If waldron broken the law in fraudulent activities with the storm, he wont recieved a cent , under the law lawbreakers can not make profit from selling thier story

we already know who was 'privy to the dodgy deals' IT WAS YOU! f**k me dead he set up the whole shebang now he is going to point the finger at who was involved? here's a tip brian you will need a mirror

Err, yes, but obviously there were others involved.

Should be a good read if he tells the complete story - actually he'd be well placed also to give his thoughts on the positives and negatives of the administration and leadership of the AFL vs NRL.

A book written by a proven liar....OK

Actually, as of now, he hasn't been proven anything.

And as happily convenient it would be (for all the responsibility for the Storm's dodgy dealings to be laid on Waldron and maybe a couple of others in management), for News, the NRL, players and their managers, I doubt very much it was all him.

Disgraces the club and the goes for maximum profit out of it. He really shouldn't show his face in Victoria ever again. We can only hope he never gets a job in professional sporting administration in this or any other country. Wanker!

His career is f**ked pretty much in any sport in Australia. Why wouldn't he try to cash in?

What makes him a wanker? Cheating the cap, or getting caught doing it?

the bloke should be in here

jailcell.jpg

Brutus

Referee
''I am … prepared to give the entire background to Rupert Murdoch so that he has a full understanding of how his company has managed a $66 million investment in the Melbourne Storm since its inception.''

I find this part very interesting. I'd say News LTD use the money RL generates to pay for the Storm which, in turn, gives Fox Sports extra Pay TV subscribers in Victoria.

Dani

Immortal
I would very much like to read it.

But i do not wish to PAY for it. That man took enough of my money over the past 5 years.

nqcowboy87

Bench
whats it going to be like, oj simpsons book, if i did it, please he orchestrated it any accomplices wher only doing what they where told

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
so he cheats, then he wants to make more money out of it

this guy really is a low life

Schiltzenberger

Juniors
Good on him.

He may have been the 'chief rat' but it's obvious he couldn't do it all on his own. He's probably been annoyed at listening to people using the Schultz defense when he knows they knew about it. They are sitting back claiming to be innocent while he take the fall, so he is going to take them down with him. I think it's great.

This could well be massive if it finally shows player or coach involvement, which I think is highly probable.

As someone else said, it doesn't matter if he is a liar, he can't lie in the book or he would be straight off to court.

stormbati

Bench
Ok, IMO, if, IF the players are involved or had any suspicions, Waldren wouldn't put it I'm the book, I think he's more worried about getting whoever is involved on an admin level out there. Especially News ltd since they're the ones calling him the "chief Rat"

adamkungl

Immortal
News will be worried about this imo, and will do everything in their power to assasinate what's left of his character in the coming months.